Are we going to have a completely brand new engine or EUIII style re-used engine?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
As far as I can see in HoI3 demo Paradox is mainly re-using, re-improved, and re-modified Europa Universalis III engine. The mechanism on how to choose a country in the first start, the decision mechanism, even how the battle is pictured. The battle screen is on left-bottom-side of the window which is the same as EU3 family. Well, I only play demo and not the full game so I might not see other things but overall I can really feel EU3 inside HoI3.

Now, will this same of thing happen with Vicky 2 or we're going to have a completely brand new engine for Vicky 2? In my most humblest opinion, I still think Vicky and HoI2 looks is better than EU3 feeling of engine.

What do you think fellow Paradoxians?

I believe that the odds of a completely brand new engine are pretty low, but that is just my opinion.