• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is all sounding highly concerning. It's been probably 9 months since I last played, but heavy infantry retinues used to be great. In fact, each and every retinue option had its use. I wonder what the hell happened?

How are cavalry retinues fairing these days?

Wow, retinues are hardly recognizable to me compared to how they were last time I played. I won't pass judgment yet, but based on the dialogue here I'm pretty dubious.

Sounds like it's just going to be about massing archers from here on out. :/

I still don't get it why the developers think it's a good idea to encourage us to use a "retinue" that's a huge army of light troops, instead of a small band of elite heavy troops.

This is all sounding highly concerning. It's been probably 9 months since I last played, but heavy infantry retinues used to be great. In fact, each and every retinue option had its use. I wonder what the hell happened?

How are cavalry retinues fairing these days?

Cavalry retinues were so nerfed you'd have to be completely ignorant of the game mechanics or purposely building the crappiest retinues to ever pick one

2,000k (aka 2,000,000) heavy infantry got beat by 400 archers? I find that pretty hard to believe.

I'm pretty sure "A" in that case mean Astartes (Space Marines) instead of archers.