• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it possible to play this on version 1.12 of AoD?

THANK YOU for uploading it...made my day....week...month...year so far....i also wonder if its possible to play on aod 1.11 ( currently verion i using) or aod 1.12.... as it easier to update AOD than to go back....if its only usable on AOD 1.10 ...NO PROBLEMS i will just uninstall...reinstall AOD...EITHER WAY thank you for

I'm afraid that is not possible, the drastic changes in 1.12 would require much work. Also the new graphical layer slows the game engine down. It is visible if you watch the vertical scrolling which isn't that smooth in 1.12. (I play AoD in Win7, because of the dx9 support = super smooth scrolling).

Reactions:
Thanks a lot for the update! This has to be one of the most valuable mods for AOD.

Is there any hope for a version that only changes the map (and the other files that need to be, like events, scenarios and such), without changes to other aspects of the game (like tech trees, AI, non-map graphics and such)? I know I could just download the whole package, but I'm not sure about the required and unrequired files.

Thanks a lot for the update! This has to be one of the most valuable mods for AOD.

Is there any hope for a version that only changes the map (and the other files that need to be, like events, scenarios and such), without changes to other aspects of the game (like tech trees, AI, non-map graphics and such)? I know I could just download the whole package, but I'm not sure about the required and unrequired files.

Yes, I have to admit, the Mod is in many aspects quite different to the vanilla game. I have done the map conversion quite some time ago as a little personal project. It doesn't meet the requirements of a bigger well documented teamwork. The Mod in its current state is not modular and cannot be changed that easily. The reason is, all the Files for AI, Events, Techtree, Map Id's refer/depend on each other. Summary: Sadly, there is no hope. ;)

hio....just got around to installing you mod and 2 things that i need enlightment about. 1)...i just installed it as a stand alone game....and it seem to work ....i was totally expecting this to fail...was thinking i have to install over AOD 1.10 (which would of meant reverting back to AOD 1.10 from AOD 1.11 ).... since your say just unzip it i tried that and it works but am concerned that certain things from the BASE AOD game will be missing which leads me to second issue...2) i use counter (i thinking you dont)....anyway all nations share the same counter....german counters look like polish ones or french one....is this due to how the game wasnt installed over AOD base game ...or...you didnt bother including seperate counters for each country and is there anyway i can fix this....just i never use sprites and beleive counter add less stress to the pc .....ty for any enlightment you can share and ty for the mod.....

hio....just got around to installing you mod and 2 things that i need enlightment about. 1)...i just installed it as a stand alone game....and it seem to work ....i was totally expecting this to fail...was thinking i have to install over AOD 1.10 (which would of meant reverting back to AOD 1.10 from AOD 1.11 ).... since your say just unzip it i tried that and it works but am concerned that certain things from the BASE AOD game will be missing which leads me to second issue...2) i use counter (i thinking you dont)....anyway all nations share the same counter....german counters look like polish ones or french one....is this due to how the game wasnt installed over AOD base game ...or...you didnt bother including seperate counters for each country and is there anyway i can fix this....just i never use sprites and beleive counter add less stress to the pc .....ty for any enlightment you can share and ty for the mod.....
Go to the folder \gfx\palette in your original AOD installation and copy all the files named "counter_xxx.bmp" in the same subfolder of your new installation. That's it.

Cheers

I SEEM to have an issue....trying to SR a unit causes the game to crash to desktop....not sure if its me or the mod??

In Win7 you have to enable compatibility mode for WinXP, this should solve your problem.

2021-02-25.png