• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Avernite said:
I think Portugal would've been occupied in phase II, conquer England. But, well, Who am I? Besides, stabhitting for Isfahan is pretty hard if Timbuktu or Mascate falls. And taking Constantinople in a one-on-one would be pretty hard. Spain succeeded mostly because I had few troops left after the long war against Austria, and so couldn't keep ~80k in Egypt and Constantinople.

Even with a CRT advantage your morale wouldn't be great on land, so I doubt you had any chance at all at succes. Especially if people had seen your intentions when attacking England.

But indeed Portugal probably had good power-projection capabilities, but your plan would need to be executed rapidly, because England gets some extremely tough leaders.

And I should've burned those trade-posts next to Ethiopia, that's for sure!

Mascate was a mountain desert province with a medium fort-practically impossible to take without massive superiority, massive casualties and a fleet. Timbuktu might have fallen, in time, which is why I was building a large fortress there.

Anyway, Otherwise I just would have gone on playing Portugal, colonising, researching tech, building a massive navy, and getting more money than anyone else while watching the Badboys suffer low stab and revolts!

And of course, I wanted to aid Spain as much as possible, as Portugal really can't do much without a friendly Spain. France's territorial gains in the last war were very worrying. I fully expected to spend the next 20 years feeding Austria cash before watchign another sub destroy themselves again, and having Turenne grinning at me from Lisboa.

As I said, an extremely unlikely plan to succeed. But we can at least dream that one day Portugal might actually gain a European province in war instead of just colonising and trying to pull strings from the edges. We can but dream. :)

My other plan was grabbing lots of China, by waiting around until it all revolted to me. this plan was succeeding, with Guangzhou already in my grasp.

Last edited:
If the new beta didn't almost disable Russia with it's bb, I'm sure the east would be slightly different. Sort of annoying having to sit there while bb goes 45... 40... 35.... Oh well, at lest Siberia was getting my full attention. :)

looking to join if there is a vacancy

Somewhat late to the MP forum... and having only played against AI I am an avid gamer and have played numerous MP wargames over the years. I am an American living in Japan.
If there is a vacant spot, or at some point another game I would be very interested.

donpaulo said:
Somewhat late to the MP forum... and having only played against AI I am an avid gamer and have played numerous MP wargames over the years. I am an American living in Japan.
If there is a vacant spot, or at some point another game I would be very interested.

this game is long dead i'm afraid , attempts where made to make anzaq 2 but didn't hear anything from that either

Bocaj said:
Yes unfortunately with only 5 players it was impossible to continue.

If someone else wants to GM (someone experienced and reliable...), I'm happy to be a regular host for Anzac Universalis 2. I'm moving into my very own house at the end of this month, and I will be connecting 512/512 DSL - I estimate this will be up and running before the middle of September.

I'm working 9 to 5 these days, so all my weekends are free... I'd be happy to host a game Saturday evenings.

Note though that there are some rules I prefer not to play with - I do not like rules where countries can *assimilate* other cultures outside in-game event.

well count me in

well If you had 5 before you have 6 now, because you can count me in. I am new but have plenty of gaming experience (20 plus years) I also don't care much which country I play since at first its a learning experience for me.

unfortunately, because of the long postponement, I won't be able to play anymore, so it's still back to 5 players.

I can play again now :)

I believe that now gives us 6 at least :)

If Art wants to play this one again, that's 7, which is only 1 short of what we could do. Would be interesting to pick up where we left off.

i can't play saterdays anymore.....

Hey, I think I could join this again.