• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
we tweaked assimilation quite a bit this morning, also there is actually a lot of big empires breaking up in AHD. ireland/scottland becoming independent, iceland even etc. russia can fall apart as well unless they become a happy communist paradise

Oh God no...

Why? Apart from Scotland all of those happened.
I took the last part of what Podcat said to mean that unless you pass all your social reforms, your country will split up. i.e unless the US passes all their reforms, the US will split up, et al

I don't know why, but the population map made me insanely giddy. Maybe I just like that kind of stuff.

I took the last part of what Podcat said to mean that unless you pass all your social reforms, your country will split up. i.e unless the US passes all their reforms, the US will split up, et al

Only Podcat knows the mind of Podcat, but that's not how I interpreted what he said.

I don't know why, but the population map made me insanely giddy. Maybe I just like that kind of stuff.

You're not the only one!

Hmm what will be the generic tank model for those nations that didn't have an actual tank, like the Ottomans or Spanish?

we tweaked assimilation quite a bit this morning, also there is actually a lot of big empires breaking up in AHD. ireland/scottland becoming independent, iceland even etc. russia can fall apart as well unless they become a happy communist paradise
Very very glad to know this!!!

Wouldn't it make more sense to give them a Renault variant, given that in the Post-War era, it was probably the most common tank in the world? At least when it comes to the export market?

Wouldn't it make more sense to give them a Renault variant, given that in the Post-War era, it was probably the most common tank in the world? At least when it comes to the export market?

We wanted FRA to have a unique one though, and their FT-17 was their best and most widely used model, so it would be a shame to leave them with the SC instead. Having said that, I did say I need to check, or maybe Podcat can confirm which it is.

we are tweaking costs etc. it is still in Flux(tm)

If it is not too late, hopefully, maybe you can tweak available Manpower to decrease as ships are built.

Perhaps for each ship, the Mobilization Size of a nation decreases. And the larger the ship (Dreadnaught) the larger the decrease in Mobilization Size. That way, you don't have to tweak the Soldier Pops, but spawning a large Navy will have a realistic effect on a nations manpower pool. That would be an easy work around, no?

Say, a Dreadnaught costs 2.0 soldier pop from the Mobilization Pool. A Cruiser 1.0, etc.

Actually, should there even be assimilation?

Good question. I'm scratching my head to think of a single significant example from the Old World in this period. Russians entering the Ukraine, Turkestan and Siberia and the Chinese entering Manchuria was a case of settlement rather than assimilation. It should perhaps be confined to the New World (or at least be much, much slower elsewhere) and then only when European cultures assimilate into whichever regional American culture.