• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I read a few posts and a brief discussion earlier in the thread about fascist and communist regimes posessing a casus belli which allows them to spread their system of govt. to other countries. Here's my idea on how it should work, each method has its rewards and penalties so that it doesn't become an easy way to gain something.

For example; when a country experiences an uprising/rebellion this would appear in diplomacy as a war titled something along the lines of 'Communist Uprising in Transvaal' or 'Jacobin Rebellion in France'. The rebels would be the aggressor in this war with a unique war goal of 'Enforce Demands' to keep it simple. The country experiencing the uprising would have the 'status quo' war goal.

When you are a great-power country and another country is experiencing a rebellion/uprising, if your ideologies are the same i.e you are a Proletarian Dictatorship and the rebels are Communist rebels then you can have the option to involve in the war on the Communists side at any point you wish using the little plus :}. This would give you an infamy penalty and a prestige penalty and if the rebels obtain victory then you will have friendly influence with the country and an alliance. However, if you and the rebels were to lose you would suffer another prestige penalty (this time a percentage of prestige, if possible) and -200 relations with the defending nation.

There is a more subtle method as well as the above; you are able to offer war subsideries to the rebelling forces regardless of your power status (but uncivs can't do this). There's no infamy or pretige penalty but there's also not much of a reward apart from a 100+ to relations if they attain victory but, if the side you financially supported fails to win then you will suffer -100 relations with the defending nation.

I hope someone looks at this as a possiblity to be implemented whether it be a mod or official heh. :}

If you do one thing not related to the new features of AHD, please fix the military AI. Currently I see countries deploying their entire armies to their colonies, which makes fighting nations in Europe far too easy and fighting nations in their colonies much more difficult than it should be. How would WWI have gone if France decided to send every single one of it's soldiers to take Germany's colonies in Africa?

I hope there will be more than this ACW scenario, or perhaps i would consider not to buy it. This doesn't interest me (as well as, I suppose many people).

First try to fix the ENORMOUS problems of the economy, give some interest to the political part, and to the diplomacy. And some realism to the immigration. Well, what you should have already done for Vic II...

so we can use counters instead of sprites :D
and i see belarus there

Counters to counter spirits?

EDIT: Also, this game should come with a complementary bow-tie, cause bow-ties are cool.

Now THAT is a DD1 ;)

So on picture 4, we will get the ability to improve mines and farms effecency separatly, not the RGO?

As a long-time Victoria 2 modder I can testify that that is technically possible in Vanilla too, it's just an option that Paradox hasn't made much use of yet. I'll be very interested to see though what they have in store for the tech tree.

I'm hoping that there'll be a Great War mechanism implemented eventually, currently wars are too limited in scope.

I'm hoping that there'll be a Great War mechanism implemented eventually, currently wars are too limited in scope.

+1, even in one game as Japan I see this all too often.

Prussia: FRANCE! GIVE MY ALSACE LORRAINE SO I MAY UNITE GERMAY!

France: lolno

Prussia: Okay... :(