• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The immortal Robert E. Lee is *only* an Attack 3 general?!? Raaaage! :mad: :laugh:

Only?!? ;) Remember, being undead gives -2 to all stats, as you're slow and only think of brains!

Interesting page, new situations regarding revolts and revolutions is nice.

However, the Achilles heel of Victoria right now... It´s the economy, stupid :glare: (Bill Clinton moment here).

The more I think about it the more I think a merchant navy would be a nice addition and would simbolize much more strategic depth than building factories overseas. What a rubbish... Only thing I´m not certain is if it should be like the transport capacity or Convoy building like in HOI 2. I´d say an invisible convoy system would be better (commerce raiding, submarines etc)

Well, the game has no transport cost on land, and sea transport is hardly any more expensive than land transport, so it's hardly justifiable that you should need to pay overseas maintenance but no overland transport cost.

A slight but very useful change I'd like to request: Change the time scale on the price history window on the trade screen.

Currently it only shows 30 days, which hardly tells you anything but its current gradient. Information going back a few years at least could actually be useful in predicting future price behaviour.

Then pay for both? Realistic isn´t it? Would help to decrease the problem with infinite cash late game. Besides, the point of that feature wouldn´t only to make cash lessa available but also to increase the importance of steel, ship building as well as introducing more naval elements to the game. Which are MUCH needed.

And I dunno where you got the idea that sea transport was cheap, but before containers and the Panama and Suez channels it WASN´T.

Then pay for both? Realistic isn´t it? Would help to decrease the problem with infinite cash late game. Besides, the point of that feature wouldn´t only to make cash lessa available but also to increase the importance of steel, ship building as well as introducing more naval elements to the game. Which are MUCH needed.

And I dunno where you got the idea that sea transport was cheap, but before containers and the Panama and Suez channels it WASN´T.

Mile for mile, sea transport was very often cheaper than land transport.

There is a reason why the Portuguese sent all those ships out to find India.

On topic, this means there is no point to special transport costs.

You didn´t get my point. It did cost MONEY and I´m talking about ways to increase importance of MONEY in the game, first and foremost. Besides, one haul might be cheap, but as the game progresses eventually millions and millions of tonnes were hauled and the sum of omoney involved in that was huge (and still is today).

Railways too could use some changes and I wouldn´t be impartial to a maintenance cost. Also, railway cost needs lots of changes, it silly that building rails in plains is as cheap as building them in mountains.

Only?!? ;) Remember, being undead gives -2 to all stats, as you're slow and only think of brains!

I support this if you are talking about those damn yankees!

Give em one fore Davy! YEEHOO!

davy-crockett-c.jpg

This is a really stupid question, but is there anyway you could add a button to look at another nation's politics, while still playing as your nation?

--

Or am I retarded and there's one already?

Could there be some form of Sailor POP and scalable requirements for the ships in terms of the POP needed to keep a ship running?

It's funny how people can look at unchanged screens and see new features.

So on picture 4, we will get the ability to improve mines and farms effecency separatly, not the RGO?

That tech has not changed.

I'm hoping that there'll be a Great War mechanism implemented eventually, currently wars are too limited in scope.

There's already Great wars?

Finally, a button to remove nation from your sphere! (Even if it's available with a mod since a long time ago)

Nope, that's the same old "remove from another's sphere" option.

There's already Great wars?

There's the Great Wars for Victoria 2 mod (in PDM and others), which allows for massive and long wars to occur post-1900 (to simulate a WW1 type event). The fact that you're unaware of it again confirms my suspicion that the Devs have no knowledge or interest in the modding community, sad. Perhaps you'll keep it for a later WW1-focused expansion? :rolleyes:

Nope, that's the same old "remove from another's sphere" option.

Any plans to actually implement this feature? Especially since people are constantly asking for it.

There's the Great Wars for Victoria 2 mod (in PDM and others), which allows for massive and long wars to occur post-1900 (to simulate a WW1 type event). The fact that you're unaware of it again confirms my suspicion that the Devs have no knowledge or interest in the modding community, sad. Perhaps you'll keep it for a later WW1-focused expansion? :rolleyes:

There is a Great War feature in V2 vanilla. If both sides have at least 2 GP in a war, it's a "Great War". You cannot lost your GP status while fighting a Great War.