• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a way to mod the amount of trait points we have access to when making a race?

Much avaited patch delivers. Was kind of worried about the phasing nerf at first but it makes much more sense after the clarification.

Tome of Winds buffs look super amazing, though Favourable Winds actually looks kind of worse with the higher cost since it now costs 60 extra casting points to mov a full army of 3 stacks (this is more so a problem of there being no feature that lets you link stacks together to move as one).

I'm really curious to see how the water rework plays out since I really like the water gameplay on the straegic layer already, a bit sad to see the removal of naval units though.

Also, does the change to Earthshatter mean it's now no longer able to terraform underground tunnels into annexable provinces? because if so that's really nasty, especially since Undrerground Adaptation got left out in the terraforming department.
Even after the underground changes in the Watcher patch, Underground Cities suffer from having very cramped space between Bedrock, Lava and unannexable river or tunnel provinces. It's still very hard to find space for 3 fully underground cities, so running a fully underground empire is kind of out of the question.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So far only 2 complaints.

1) bears have the same problem, that was fixed to serpents and mumble all the time.

2) when you open up the book right on your turn (like to cast finished spell) there will be a minor glitch for fading away message in the center if the screen. Looks like big squares are fading away (fast though). A minor thing, but it exists.

Plus, fix bears audio queues.

This DLC is a masterpiece.

Reactions:
Tell that to the auto-resolve bot.
Balancing units based on how the auto resolve (mis)uses a unit is a very bad decision. It means that in tactical battles, when played manually, those units will dominate.

The banshee now has 90 health (more than any t3 archer or battle mage) and 4 and 5 defense and resistance respectively, which equal to the severing golem, a tier 5 unit.

Balancing units based on how the auto resolve (mis)uses a unit is a very bad decision. It means that in tactical battles, when played manually, those units will dominate.

The banshee now has 90 health (more than any t3 archer or battle mage) and 4 and 5 defense and resistance respectively, which equal to the severing golem, a tier 5 unit.
Banshee's resistance isn't an issue due to large amount of -resistance to specific elements. In the end it's 10% for the most part to fire and spirit.

Reactions:
Banshee's resistance isn't an issue due to large amount of -resistance to specific elements. In the end it's 10% for the most part to fire and spirit.
Those elemental vulnerabilities are a minor cost for what their ethereal and undead attributes bring, least of all immunity to many CCs and great synergy from the shadow tomes. Compare that to the watcher which is much more fragile and only has one special attack, which while good but is single target. Also no in built phase, which is better used for kiting than initiating.

Absolutely gutted the Watcher unit.

I now compared it to some of the other t3 ranged units: Glade runner, Zephyr Archer and Magma spirit.

1. All of those have 10 hp more. The magma spirit has 1 defense more.

2. Glade runner and Zephyr archer have 2 damage more in their base attacks. While magma spirit has 1 damage less for some reason.

3. Magma spirit and Zephyr have AOE attacks, while glade runner has a ranged sundered defense/marked that helps it's all physical base dmg, similar to the watcher (which applies damage, marked and stun instead). But the glade runner can cast it while engaged.

4. The magma spirit has it's own phase that is better than the enchantment and from now on is a large target similar to the watcher.

It seems to me that the watcher is now the worst of all of these. Especially the magma spirit which will now occupy it's niche as a powerful summoned ranged unit. All archers still have their aoe from amplified arrows and meteor arrows.

I suggest letting the watcher use its psychic gaze while engaged and reversing the battle mage resistance nerf.

Yeah I would completely disagree with that assessment on Watcher. I just used it as an Order / Astral Reaver on the second new Story Realm, which was a pretty brutal realm to beat, and it was a very useful unit. There's the world map value it provides, which beats out the other options, Watcher has a 6 hex attack that does pretty good damage and applies 2 marked, can Stun, has immunity to Flanking & Distracted, Charge Resistance, and also is an Ethereal Unit, all of which makes it pretty durable and good at alpha striking the enemy, it also has Floating.

Easily replaceable, as it is a Summoned Unit, taking the other Astral improvements for Battlemage to let it Frenzy, greatly improves it. Fairly durable unit that typically doesn't go down all that easy, and if it does, at least they're not targeting units that are 4+ turns away from reinforcing the army.

Reactions:
Yeah I would completely disagree with that assessment on Watcher. I just used it as an Order / Astral Reaver on the second new Story Realm, which was a pretty brutal realm to beat, and it was a very useful unit. There's the world map value it provides, which beats out the other options, Watcher has a 6 hex attack that does pretty good damage and applies 2 marked, can Stun, has immunity to Flanking & Distracted, Charge Resistance, and also is an Ethereal Unit, all of which makes it pretty durable and good at alpha striking the enemy, it also has Floating.

Easily replaceable, as it is a Summoned Unit, taking the other Astral improvements for Battlemage to let it Frenzy, greatly improves it. Fairly durable unit that typically doesn't go down all that easy, and if it does, at least they're not targeting units that are 4+ turns away from reinforcing the army.
The strategic map utility is hard to compare when talking about tactical combat.

All those bonuses you mentioned comes at a cost of -10 or -15 (compared to the banshee) health, -2 base dmg, no AOE, not even from enchantments. No racial transformations (which can be stacked at not maintenance cost), no mounts, the charge resistance comes at a cost of being a large target. Racial transformations give very desirable bonuses like flying, critical chance etc. The longer the game goes on, the weaker non racial summoned units become.

Reactions:
The strategic map utility is hard to compare when talking about tactical combat.

All those bonuses you mentioned comes at a cost of -10 or -15 (compared to the banshee) health, -2 base dmg, no AOE, not even from enchantments. No racial transformations (which can be stacked at not maintenance cost), no mounts, the charge resistance comes at a cost of being a large target. Racial transformations give very desirable bonuses like flying, critical chance etc. The longer the game goes on, the weaker non racial summoned units become.
But with astral tree you can spam elite watchers right from a thin air. While racials are built only, and you need those buffs.
Plus, it's pretty easy to beef up your watchers with tactical spells.

Reactions:
But with astral tree you can spam elite watchers right from a thin air. While racials are built only, and you need those buffs.
Plus, it's pretty easy to beef up your watchers with tactical spells.
Another thing is that many sources that give medals to units only work on culture units. It's easier to stack medals on culture units than on summons. Recruiting units from cities also sometimes gives unique buffs like wargod's blessings or all seer's blessings (which makes the watcher's extended vision and true sight irrelevant anyways).

Another thing is that many sources that give medals to units only work on culture units. It's easier to stack medals on culture units than on summons. Recruiting units from cities also sometimes gives unique buffs like wargod's blessings or all seer's blessings (which makes the watcher's extended vision and true sight irrelevant anyways).
True, but I was talking in general. There is no that much stuff that is unique to cities. However, bumping up the power of magic origin units is way easier.

I just can't agree on "magic origin are bad", when there are lots of ways to make them even better than racial. Not everywhere and always, but enough.

Watchers are mostly rare, because other stuff in the tome is kinda useless for the most part. Scrying need some buff, mass mark is fine, guided projectiles are absurdly good on magelocks or awakeners.

Reactions:
Watchers are mostly rare, because other stuff in the tome is kinda useless for the most part. Scrying need some buff, mass mark is fine, guided projectiles are absurdly good on magelocks or awakeners.
I'll be honest, whenever I took this tome I usually spammed Watcher units because of how good they were (I think it was their special ability + good synergy with enchantments, and general fact that they can be summoned on AM). I would need to check them now.

I'll be honest, whenever I took this tome I usually spammed Watcher units because of how good they were (I think it was their special ability + good synergy with enchantments, and general fact that they can be summoned on AM). I would need to check them now.
Every unit now has 0+tier above 1 resistance. Which means, watchers are going to deal absurd amount of damage

Reactions: