• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IIRC it is also very large too...

About Chittagong maybe it should be a port (look here):

The settlement of Chittagong (Chatigam) grew into a great trading center. The Jesuits erected two churches and a residence. About 1590, the Portuguese also captured the fort of Chittagong and made the island of Sandwip a tributary. In 1598, there were 2.500 Portuguese and Eurasians in Chittagong and Arakan.

Saterday November 3rd Part II

What has been done today:

* Gold Mine in Bihar

* Santal will have a dock weather or no Begal gets it

* Progress report on the first post on the thread, (near the bottom

Topics

* Manpower solutions, thoughs, etc.

* Should Bengal get the Santal provence, from what I read Bengal owend a little less then half of Santal provence, and the EUII capital Chittagong. If Bengal does not get the provence what should the Arakan name be

* Resonable evidence has suggested Bihar should have a gold mine, what should it's value be

* Taking away a tea from Bihar, when India is known tea, I suggest the spices in Howar are replaced with tea

Manpower India

I'm currently implementing the manpower changes I suggested earlier in the thread for Asia in a separate include file ready for plugging into agc1419.inc (or wherever you like)

It will list all non-native Asian provinces east of Persia, even those I don't change the manpower of, grouped by nation, which will make it easier to change the values according to later balancing decisions.

When it is done we can enter it in the AGC as is or split it between the India and China threads according to your desires.

I'm taking some care not to unbalance the region though, so if the latter approach is taken, care should be taken that the Asian manpower doesn't get out of sync, harming game balance and enjoyment.

For manpower comparisons between nations, I'm trying to second-guess beta 2, since I'm basing the province/nation split on beta1, which had the split (for India):

Bengal
Tirhut, Koch, Ganges, Howrah, Bihar, Sambalpur

Bijapur (Martha) <- EDIT: Added. Thanks Arnou. Didn't know it was already in Beta 2.
Bombay, Goa, Maharashtra

Delhi
Delhi, Awadh, Bundelkhand, Gondwana , Raipur, Chandigarh, Panjab, Bikaner, Thar

Gujarat
Indus, Sindh, Kutch, Gujarat

Hyderabad
Khandesh, Bastar, Hyderabad

Jodhpur
Rajputana

Malwa
Malwa

Lanka
Colombo, Jaffna

Mysore
Kerala, Mysore, Cochin

Orissa
Odisa, Berhampur, Palakimedi

Vijayanagar
Yanam, Bangalore, Mangalore, Madras, Pondicherry, Trivandrum, Madurai

If this split isn't correct for beta 2, please notify me.

Of the Indian nations, relatively speaking, Delhi will benefit the most - they seem to need it against their southern neighbours, and - whether it is historical or not - most of Delhi's increase will be in the northwest area rather than the southeast area of Delhi to help out our friend Babûr since he will gain - and India lose - more manpower with the initial likely Mughal conquests. [Nothing massive, but every bit helps]

Last edited:
Re: Manpower

Originally posted by Sun_Zi_36
As for other increases in China/Manchuria etc, i can provide u with info on which province to increase etc within each country, but the level of increase is not enough to allow us to adjust manpower to historic levels across different countries.
Check your pm box :)

You don't seem to have received my urgent request for that information. Lacking that, I'll go with something that seems to work gameplay-wise, adding high manpower provinces near the northern capital in China, upgrading most of the rest of the provinces slightly, less in the poor western provinces. But seing that you have increased the size of Manchuria in the North [your cultures thread], I'm at a bit of a loss for some manpower figures that will work with whatever you have pushed through for beta2 :) If you're still willing to provide info on China and Manchuria, pm me, and I'll pm you an email address. (It likely won't fit within 1500 characters :D)

Thirsaday, November 5th

To be added

* Bengal gets a CB shield on Santal

* Bijapur (Marathi) will be added at start

Topics

* I need some help hetting the events to start colonization done hopefully to be sumbitted to beta 2, :)

Re: Re: Manpower

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen

Check your pm box :)

You don't seem to have received my urgent request for that information. Lacking that, I'll go with something that seems to work gameplay-wise, adding high manpower provinces near the northern capital in China, upgrading most of the rest of the provinces slightly, less in the poor western provinces. But seing that you have increased the size of Manchuria in the North [your cultures thread], I'm at a bit of a loss for some manpower figures that will work with whatever you have pushed through for beta2 :) If you're still willing to provide info on China and Manchuria, pm me, and I'll pm you an email address. (It likely won't fit within 1500 characters :D)
yea i recieved your pm. am i supposed to get notification for recieving it? coz i didnt know i recieved it, i dont use the pm box very often. one other question, i noticed i dont get a shield/flag below my name in the posts, why is that?

I think we should use a new tag instead of the Maharattis tag for Bijapur, since the former were Hindu fundamentalists bent on driving Islam out of the subcontinent, and the latter were Sunni (and their most famous leader was an exiled Ottoman prince)

Re: Re: Re: Manpower

Originally posted by Sun_Zi_36
yea i recieved your pm. am i supposed to get notification for recieving it? coz i didnt know i recieved it, i dont use the pm box very often. one other question, i noticed i dont get a shield/flag below my name in the posts, why is that?
Well, if you use "user cp" once in a while, it will list new pms received and unread. I've got your response now, thanks :)

To set your shield, use "user cp", "edit options" and then "change avatar".

Originally posted by Mad King James
I think we should use a new tag instead of the Maharattis tag for Bijapur, since the former were Hindu fundamentalists bent on driving Islam out of the subcontinent, and the latter were Sunni (and their most famous leader was an exiled Ottoman prince)

I'd be for that but... can we get the tag I do not want to take a tag from another just as fine nation, if we cannot hopefully events :) converting, adjusting but then Maratha cannot exist if Bijapur exists

There are events about further colonial expansion of Portugal. I tried to keep Guinessmonkey's stylistic cause these events are natural continuation of the events made by him on Persia thread.

IMO, Guinessmonkey's event has too late deathdate (1820). It may be 1600 cause it is very unlikely that Portugal promoted further expansionist politics being in decline.

Code:
 [color=white]
#Commercial Conflict in the Indian Ocean, part 3#

event = {
	id = x
	trigger = {
		naval = 6
		countrysize = 12
		OR = {
			discovered = 1070 #Lacquedive Islands
			discovered = 1071 #Coast of Malabar 
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = POR
	name = "The taking of Goa"
	desc = "Portugal needed a solid maritime base for further operations in India/Arabia region. It was a question of time when they conquer one of the ports on the western shores of India. Occasion was spotted in 1510 and Albuquerque, viceroy of India, claimed the city of Goa instaliing new type of goverment called indirect rule. It was extensively used by England later in India. Muslims in Goa revolted only few moths after conquest but hinduistic part of the city didn't supported them. Alburquerque promised spoils to the soldiers and Portugals bathed Goa in blood. Massacre lasted 8 days but after then Portugal never opposed serious rebellion in Goa. City was held by Portugal up to thenid of 20th cen."  
	style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1490 }
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1600 }

action_a = {		#Cut off trade#
		name = "Attempt to cut off the western shores of India"
		command = { type = relation  which = MYS  value = -150 }
		command = { type = relation  which = HYD  value = -150 }
            command = { type = relation  which = VIJ  value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation  which = GUJ  value = -75 }
            command = { type = casusbelli which = VIJ value = 2500 } 
		command = { type = casusbelli which = MYS value = 2500 } 
            command = { type = casusbelli which = HYD value = 2500 } 
		command = { type = casusbelli which = GUJ value = 2500 } 
		command = { type = domestic  which = MERCANTILISM  value = 1 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 549 } #Goa#
		command = { type = addcore which = 569 } #Kerala#
		command = { type = addcore which = 573 } #Kochin#
		command = { type = addcore which = 574 } #Trivandrum# 
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
      }

action_b = {		#Peace#
		name = "Negotiate trading rights with Indian states"
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = relation  which = MYS  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = TUR  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = VIJ  value = 50 }
            command = { type = relation  which = GUJ  value = 50 }
		command = { type = domestic  which = MERCANTILISM  value = -1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = x1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = x2 }
            command = { type = sleepevent which = x3 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = x4 }
            command = { type = sleepevent which = x5 }
	}
}

#Lost of Goa to Portugal#

event = {
	id = x1
	trigger = {
		event = x
		owned = { province = 549 data = -1 } #Goa
	}
	random = no
	country = HYD 
	name = "Lost of Goa to Portugal"
	desc = "Portugal needed a solid maritime base for further operations in India/Arabia region. It was a question of time when they conquer one of the ports on the western shores of India. Occasion was spotted in 1510 and Albuquerque, viceroy of India, claimed the city of Goa instaliing new type of goverment called indirect rule. It was extensively used by England later in India. Muslims in Goa revolted only few moths after conquest but hinduistic part of the city didn't supported them. Alburquerque promised spoils to the soldiers and Portugals bathed Goa in blood. Massacre lasted 8 days but after then Portugal never met serious rebellion in Goa simply cause no muslims remained. City was held by Portugal up to the mid of 20th cen."  
	style = 2
	offset = 60

action_a = {		#Crap#
		name = "This will only be a momentary setback"
            command = { type = secedeprovince which = POR value = 549 }
            command = { type = relation  which = POR value = 50 }
	}
	action_b = {		#Round 1: Fight! #
		name = "Let the Indian Ocean be red with Portuguese blood"
		command = { type = relation  which = POR value = -200 }
		command = { type = war  which = POR }
	}
}

#################
The same version for MYS VIJ GUJ DLH

NOT = { event = xx ) command added to every of these events to blocakde situation that Portugal lose Goa to someindian state and regain it immediately through event if there was another state than the one that ceded Goa in the first event. 

It can be solved by sleepevent commands too. 
###################

#Commercial Conflict in the Indian Ocean, part 4#

event = {
	id = x7
	trigger = {
		naval = 6
		countrysize = 12
		OR = {
			discovered = 1069 #Coast of Gujarat
			discovered = 541 #Kutch 
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = POR
	name = "The taking of Diu"
	desc = "After first years of banditism, Portugals stabilized the rule in the area as they didn't want to kill the golden egg hen. They preffered to force trade cities of India to pay tribute instead of devastating them. One of these cities was Diu. It successfully defended itself in 1500's and 1510's but fell in 1536 evetually."    
	style = 2

offset = 60

command = { type = relation  which = GUJ  value = -150 }
            command = { type = relation  which = MLW  value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = DLH  value = -50 }
            command = { type = relation  which = MOG  value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = JAI  value = -50 }
            command = { type = relation  which = HYD  value = -50 }
            command = { type = casusbelli which = DLH value = 2500 } 
		command = { type = casusbelli which = MLW value = 2500 } 
            command = { type = casusbelli which = JAI value = 2500 } 
		command = { type = casusbelli which = GUJ value = 2500 } 
		command = { type = addcore which = 541 } #Kutch#
		command = { type = addcore which = 547 } #Gujarat Surat#
		command = { type = addcore which = 548 } #Bombay#
      }

action_b = {		#Peace#
		command = { type = relation  which = GUJ  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = MLW  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = DLH  value = 50 }
            command = { type = relation  which = MOG  value = 50 }
            command = { type = relation  which = JAI  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = HYD  value = 50 }
	}
}

#Commercial Conflict in the Indian Ocean, part 5#

event = {
	id = x8
	trigger = {
		naval = 6
		countrysize = 12
		discovered = 1143 #Straits of Malacca
	}
	random = no
	country = POR
	name = "The taking of Malacca"
	desc = "In 1511 Albuquerque planned another attack on Hormouz but there were some delays in preparations and monsun period ended before fleet set to sail. But Portugal knew about rich city of Malacca located on the east of India. Albuquerque ordered the fleet to sail there instead of Arabia. It ended with Portuguese conquest of Malacca that was achieved even easier than former fights against Arabs. By the way Portugals spotted rich island of Ceylon famous for its spices. Later they tried to conquer it too and even had some achievements but controlled only western shore of Ceylon where established Colombo. Inland and western parts of Ceylon remained under the rule of domestic kings."    
	style = 2

offset = 60

command = { type = relation  which = MLC  value = -200 } #Malacca/Johore
            command = { type = relation  which = U05  value = -100 } #Lanka
		command = { type = relation  which = U15  value = -100 } #Jambi
            command = { type = relation  which = ATJ  value = -100 } #Atjeh
		command = { type = relation  which = AYU  value = -100 } #Ayutthaya
            command = { type = relation  which = MTR  value = -100 } #Mataram
            command = { type = casusbelli which = MLC value = 2500 } 
		command = { type = casusbelli which = MTR value = 2500 } 
            command = { type = casusbelli which = ATJ value = 2500 } 
		command = { type = casusbelli which = U05 value = 2500 }
            command = { type = casusbelli which = U15 value = 2500 } 
		command = { type = addcore which = 576 } #Colombo#
		command = { type = addcore which = 677 } #Malacca#
            command = { type = trigger which = x9 } 
      }

action_b = {		#Peace#
		command = { type = relation  which = MLC  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = U05  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = U15  value = 50 }
            command = { type = relation  which = ATJ  value = 50 }
            command = { type = relation  which = AYU  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = MTR  value = 50 }
	}
}

#Lost of Malacca to Portugal#

#Never saw Malacca conquered, so it should be oned by Johore. Otherwise similar set of events like in Goa's case.

event = {
	id = x9
	random = no
	country = MLC 
	name = "Lost of Malacca to Portugal"
	desc = "In 1511 Albuquerque planned another attack on Hormouz but there were some delays in preparations and monsun period ended before fleet set to sail. But Portugal knew about rich city of Malacca located on the east of India. Albuquerque ordered the fleet to sail there instead of Arabia. It ended with Portuguese conquest of Malacca that was achieved even easier than former fights against Arabs. By the way Portugals spotted rich island of Ceylon famous for its spices. Later they tried to conquer it too and even had some achievements but controlled only western shore of Ceylon where established Colombo. Inland and western parts of Ceylon remained under the rule of domestic kings."    
	style = 2

action_a = {		#Crap#
		name = "This will only be a momentary setback"
            command = { type = capital which = 678 }
            command = { type = secedeprovince which = POR value = 677 }
            command = { type = relation  which = POR value = 50 }
	}
	action_b = {		#Round 1: Fight! #
		name = "Let the Malaysian Strait be red with Portuguese blood"
		command = { type = relation  which = POR value = -200 }
		command = { type = war  which = POR }
	}
}

[/color]

Originally posted by Mad King James

actually, its the reverse.. the first, the Bahamid Sultanate were Sunnis who were bitter rivals of Vijaynagar, then later after that was swolloed by the Mughal Empire, the Marahttis were Hindu rebels. :)

Originally posted by Gen. Wolfe
Blade! from what I understand you know alot about Indian history; would you like to help us with this part of the AGC?

Um..sure... if you look in the... where was it... huh, I don't see it. We did alot of work early on with interesting discussion... seem to have lost it, or maybe it was all incorporated I don't know. :(

Yeah, behind me to the left is a large sizeable bookscase filled with books on the history of the subcontinent... if that doesn't please you I have at my disposal one of the largest collections of books on subcontinental history west of the Applachians. :D

Well, I am happy to help with speciifics and things, but as for activelyt working on it I am a pretty busy dude for the next week, and then in 2 weeks I am going to Idaho, where I won't have access. But otherwise I would love to help. :)

You had 1 territory, Yanam, unowned, I think. At the beginning of the game timeframe, that was the fairly weak nation of Kondavidu, which was Hindu, but a hated enemy of Vijaynagar, who wanted to make them their N-Eastern border. (V gets CB on them and poor very realtions) Interestingly, they were allied with Sunni Bahamids, to fight Vijaynagar... they were also closely allied with Orissa, though I don'tt suppose you would want to start the game with an Orissa-Bahamid alliance... so the relationship with Orissa should be RM and high relations, while Bahamids and them had high relations and alliance, maybe. In history they were conquered by Devaraya II (reign 1425-1446), but remained a hotbed of rebellion for most of history: also being the pathway for Orissan invasion of Vijaynagar (perhaps give Orissa a CB on them too). THeir royalty would need to be worked on, but FYI, they were the "Reddi kings." For the leader name files, just adopt what Vijaynagar has.

Rather than make Madurai & Pondicherry Vijaynagar possesion, may want to make them Vijaynagar vassals of Pandya & Chola respectively. Don't want to superpower Vijaynagar tot he point that they can storm the continent in every game. :)