• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Following; I am very interested to see what Australia can do in the modern era, especially this forceful, aggro Australia :D
So, India is at war with China at the same time as Australia? Perhaps Australia could join arms with India and maybe call in Mummy Britain, Canada, and whatever states still stand loyal with the Commonwealth into a New Commonwealth Coalition to make the ROC's wet dreams come true and launch operations on the mainland in support of the ROC as the legitimate Chinese government? It would be a wonderful exercise of the Commonwealth's independence from America, and feuding in NATO isn't out of the question; De Gaulle is in France who was never all that friendly to the U.S (he pulled France out of NATO's operational command) and America has proven herself weak and willing to accede to Communist demands in Suez and Berlin, so it's only natural that the U.K flex her muscles and show the world that Brittania still prevails as a world power; just don't lose Hong Kong!
Barring that, i'm rather certain that successful Australian naval and ground ops could convince China to finally give up the conflict.

Well, assuming that nuking Beijing is out of the question due to the bad press it would get, then reasonable war goals might be a) the confirmation of the independence of Taiwan and the destruction of the PLAN, b) the annexation of Hainan island to the ROC or, in extemis, coastal landings in south China in the Cantonese cultural area to annex a viable zone on the mainland for the ROC.

Well, assuming that nuking Beijing is out of the question due to the bad press it would get, then reasonable war goals might be a) the confirmation of the independence of Taiwan and the destruction of the PLAN, b) the annexation of Hainan island to the ROC or, in extemis, coastal landings in south China in the Cantonese cultural area to annex a viable zone on the mainland for the ROC.

Hainan is a good idea/goal, I haven't tought of it!
That's already 5 to 7 millions of people and PRC would hate loosing it but that's still quite realistic and doable compared to a full invasion of the mainland :)

My apologies for the lack of an update in a while, had a few things to deal with - I should get some playtime in soon and deal with the Chinese issue at the very least :).

Nice one. Are you adding your own events? This AAR revived my interest in NWO2, but none of the things happened.

Any chance of an update to this awesome AAR please? :)

But realistically lets see some chances here:
Autralia: 11mln
China: 666mln[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying the story so far but, just to be on the safe side, does anybody know any good teachers of the Mandarin dialect :unsure:

well that is anticlimactic... its like aa fight between a leon and a shark, noone will reach the other party. All this war will mean will be Australian airforce making hit&run bombardments from Taiwan...

China: 666mln

*cough* alliance with India *cough* Some air support here, a few breakthroughs there, and heck, you could add a puppet Tibet for India and maybe even a Uighur state to cause religious problems for you later to your war goals. It would please the Hindu nationalists (Mt. Kailash) and give you a justification to get the Indians to see you as another former British colony and current friend rather than the oppressors of old.

China: 666mln

I'm enjoying the story so far but, just to be on the safe side, does anybody know any good teachers of the Mandarin dialect :unsure:

You're absolutely right. Australia would get absolutely creamed in a land war.

Fortunately, however, they're not facing a land war. The PLA Navy is incredibly weak and would even struggle to beat the ROC Navy, let alone the Australian Navy. So whilst seriously carrying the fight to mainland China would be nigh impossible there's nothing to stop Australia annexing every Chinese island to the ROC or even mounting an amphibious landing to capture a major city in order to force a peace settlement.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, I intended to get back to this sooner, but fate conspires against me. I'm now having some trouble as it seems I've misplaced, or altogether lost one of my many darkest hour installations kept for different patch versions with different mods, altered files and what have you that come about when you tinker. I may have to face the unfortunate truth that I may have to A) Start over or B) do something new. The experience, although short, was somewhat rewarding, so both options appeal.

Either way, I do tend to prefer fresh beginnings, but no idea where to start - though probably within NWO, Time will tell. You have my apologies.