Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do we know if the Yuans carry missiles?

Perhaps he fired his missiles and then started fleeing for resupply.

That too :D

I was worried some of their ships might flee, but I had assumed that taking out one of each type would make them want to keep the remaining ships together for combined arms operations. If the Yuan class are sensor ships, then maybe they always would have turned away at a certain point. Have they got us under active sensor coverage yet?

The Yuan's active sensor was shorter-ranged than the Qara's... 119 m-km compared to 149 m-km. The Rocks are just within sensor range, yes.

Do we know if the Yuans carry missiles?

Perhaps he fired his missiles and then started fleeing for resupply.

If he can hit us with missiles from 150 m-km away, we're probably attacking the wrong bunch of Prix.

By God, you're right... he just hit the Rocks with a salvo of Palangs... strength-6 warheads. Nice shootin', Tex! 149 million km!

EDIT: Two of them landed in exactly the same spot, too. You hacker...

By God, you're right... he just hit the Rocks with a salvo of Palangs... strength-6 warheads. Nice shootin', Tex! 149 million km!

EDIT: Two of them landed in exactly the same spot, too. You hacker...

I'm not a carrier commander for nothing! :p

I recommend we get that Rock the hell outta dodge now.

The missiles are already on-the-way, and the Rocks are already steaming away from the Prix. Not many changes I can make in the set-up... especially when you factor in the combat-orders delay. All the excitement will already be over before they respond to whatever order I might give.

Second salvo hits the same ship... and the CIWS shoots down every one of them. No hits :D

EDIT: Stepping outside for a smoke...

The missiles are already on-the-way, and the Rocks are already steaming away from the Prix. Not many changes I can make in the set-up... especially when you factor in the combat-orders delay. All the excitement will already be over before they respond to whatever order I might give.

Second salvo hits the same ship... and the CIWS shoots down every one of them. No hits :D

Nice!

They're Rocks. They're known for two things.

1. Having a ridiculous amount of metal around them.
and
2. Repairs on them constituting of pouring new metal in the holes.

No real use worrying about them I say :p

(I had one in my game - similar design, inspired by this) that was hit by 200+ salvo of mass driver shots, then rammed by an enemy warship, and was repaired back to action in about two weeks). Though I was further ahead in tech)

So we've figured out two of the Prix designs. The Beki is the hurricane-of-PD-missiles design, and the Yuan is the super-long-range sniper design.

Incoming! Our Rocks have picked up five strength-8 Thermal contacts at 5,000 km. Probably another salvo of missiles, but we'll see...

EDIT:

Yeah, it was another five Palang missiles... and again, two of them landed in that same spot as before! :mad:

With that info in mind, what are your plans for the further persecution of the engagement?

I'll try to take out the Yuan with another Fighter strike, since his active sensor can't see them until they're 100 times closer than they need to come in order to launch missiles at him.

What's the status on the Rocks?

What's the status on the Rocks?

All five salvos so far have been targetted on the ESND Basalt. Their CIWS shot down one entire salvo, and all but one missile in another, and averaged one missile killed in each of the other three. Lots of armor left, but the enemy has scored four or five lucky hits in exactly the same spot, chewing about half-way through the armor in that one spot. As long as he doesn't continue this bullshit luck, we can take this sort of bombardment for hours.

Cool. He's switched targets to the ESND Granite. Now we can do this all day.

EDIT: Granite also just shot down another entire salvo... the opponent's seventh.

EDIT: Took three hits from the eighth salvo, and shot down the ninth entirely.

ESND Granite takes three more hits from the tenth salvo, and then the fire shifts to ESND Andesite for the eleventh salvo. These Rocks (Andesite and Diorite) have no CIWS, but they have twenty layers of armor instead of sixteen.

Looks like he's firing five salvos at each.

Fire shifted to ESND Diorite after firing only three salvos at ESND Andesite... is this near the end of his ammo supply? Fourteen salvos of five missiles each, so far.

... and it seems to be over. Sixteen salvos of five, eighty missiles in total, distributed five salvos each on Basalt and Granite, and three salvos each on Diorite and Andesite. They never came close to penetrating our armor... we could do all that again, with the same four targets.

Not kidding.

Twenty minutes and forty-five seconds until our Fighters are finished rearming. The Prix can't possibly bring our battle fleet within firing range before then.

... and it seems to be over. Sixteen salvos of five, eighty missiles in total, distributed five salvos each on Basalt and Granite, and three salvos each on Diorite and Andesite. They never came close to penetrating our armor... we could do all that again, with the same four targets.

Not kidding.

Armortanking is quite imba; wish the same could be said of shieldtanking.