• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
Yes, in particular I was thinking of the Bishops' Wars and the War of the Quadruple Alliance.

Well, that's not necessarily a good idea (especially if it means you can't declare war on such nations)

England and Scotland went to war between 1603 and 1707, as did Spain and France.

When did England and Scotland go to war with each other? There were certainly battles fought in England or Scotland in which one army was composed of mainly Scottish troops and the other mostly English, but I can't think of any major confrontation where forces loyal to the same reigning monarch were on opposing sides. It doesn't make sense in this period for a king to declare war on himself. Either the personal union was temporarily broken, or the 'Scottish' side in each case were rebelling against the government of Scotland as well as against the English.

I honestly had a few things, but looking at the current list if you guys get all that done I will be willing to buy every Paradox (purely, Ageod's games style, no offense, just doesn't appeal to me) from now until I have a hopefully unfortunately painless yet Darwin Award winning death.

I honestly had a few things, but looking at the current list if you guys get all that done I will be willing to buy every Paradox (purely, Ageod's games style, no offense, just doesn't appeal to me) from now until I have a hopefully unfortunately painless yet Darwin Award winning death.
Thanks, but we aren't Paradox.

It will be pretty nice if the Ai learned how to change domestic politics not only by events but in ordinary way, like player who can do it every ten years. It will be the serious step towards the magnificent Ai which behave itself like a human player. Is it possible to implement it in this game?

It will be pretty nice if the Ai learned how to change domestic politics not only by events but in ordinary way, like player who can do it every ten years. It will be the serious step towards the magnificent Ai which behave itself like a human player. Is it possible to implement it in this game?
Possible, sure, but that kind of destroys the whole "historical game" argument. We'd have to completely re-implement the domestic policy system first (which we may do anyway).

When did England and Scotland go to war with each other?

There were in fact numerous. Check Wikipedia for an overview.

For example, the Scots invaded England before the Civil War broke out, and Charles had to summon Parliament for funds with which to raise an army.

Scotland was still under Charles' rule and government at this point.

Colonial city screen: this screen shows from the founding of the colony the tent and the harbour, which both can't be used. Sadly, in most regions the tent hides the sprite of the natives, so you can't easily distinguish them or get quickly a tooltip. Can you move the sprite of the native warrior to the left of the tent?

Quite obscure is in FTG 1.1 the determination of the level of a colony. The engine divides the total number of inhabitants by the number of people representing a colonist (now 150); i.e. when a colony has 750 inhabitants, then it has a colony level of 5...

I'd like to have a notifier which informs me if my enemies have captured one or more of my provinces. And one which lists my colonies, their growth rate and if the next colonist is already on the way.

If the tooltip of the working colonist/missionary shows the actual chance of success that would be very helpful.

Any comments/chances to get this realized?

Quite obscure is in FTG 1.1 the determination of the level of a colony. The engine divides the total number of inhabitants by the number of people representing a colonist (now 150); i.e. when a colony has 750 inhabitants, then it has a colony level of 5...
Yes, this is not helpful at all. I find myself constantly "opening the church" to see how many people actually live in the colonial city to make decisions about sending colonists or not.

Multiplying by level with 150 is not something I like to do for fun. Sorry for that, 4th grade maths teachers. ;)

Yes, this is not helpful at all. I find myself constantly "opening the church" to see how many people actually live in the colonial city to make decisions about sending colonists or not.

Multiplying by level with 150 is not something I like to do for fun. Sorry for that, 4th grade maths teachers. ;)

Honestly, this is not the fault of the developers. We must ask P'dox why they made a so confusing tooltip...

For faster assessment of the info screen i have modified my buttons.txt:
generic = {
id = "BUTTON_VIEW_PROVINCE"
bitmap = "BUTTON_0016"
shortcut = i
lower = ""
upper = ""
}
Now i have no longer to click on the church, instead i simply press i.

Honestly, this is not the fault of the developers. We must ask P'dox why they made a so confusing tooltip...
It wasn't confusing when every colonist was 100 persons so this has nothing to do with Paradox, it only became a problem with FtG patch 1.1.

Does 100 mean level 1 colony. I never ever took this for fact due to the issue of , you never needed to send the tenth colonist to make a city.
So logically colony level 1 is more than 100 people.

Does 100 mean level 1 colony. I never ever took this for fact due to the issue of , you never needed to send the tenth colonist to make a city.
So logically colony level 1 is more than 100 people.
It used to be "level 1" = 100-199 people in the colony, "level 2" = 200-299 people in the colony etc.
Now with the 150 people colonists it's "level 1" = 150-299 people, "level 2" = 300-449 people etc.

And you needed the tenth colonists if there were no natives left (unless you wanted to wait for the population growth to take care of it for you)

It used to be "level 1" = 100-199 people in the colony, "level 2" = 200-299 people in the colony etc.
Now with the 150 people colonists it's "level 1" = 150-299 people, "level 2" = 300-449 people etc.

And you needed the tenth colonists if there were no natives left (unless you wanted to wait for the population growth to take care of it for you)

IIRC, if you stopped colonising at say level 5 and the province grew naturally , then it would remain at level 5 although in reality it was level 6, so its pointless to say level this represents this or that. The goal is 1000 plus for a city unless you change the city in defines.txt to another pop number.
Some change it to 2500 for a city.

Again pointless to cater for everyones changes.