• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I dont think its possible - definately not for MEM which needs solely MP events to create more balance for those multiplayer games where 6-8 people in 1 game try to find all small nooks and crannies to exploit.
The vanilla 38 scen in hoi2 was to be a scen for mp games but due to the engine and lack of balance it was just no fun - just like vanilla 1936.. (at least for me). None the less hopefully there will be a few beta mp hardcore players that will help move hoi3 along balanceable lines.

why discuss about a mod already, maybe they make this game so good and awesome you dont even want to play with one. :)
have some faith in the game developers.

That would be just fantasy.Of course PI will make a good game,but it will probably include only the most important events like Anschluss or the Munich agreement,so mods will be needed for those who want a more historical game.

Jarno said:
why discuss about a mod already, maybe they make this game so good and awesome you dont even want to play with one. :)
have some faith in the game developers.

For AI or gameplay maybe, but for Icons, graphics, new units and a more complex tech tree, I doubt it.

Hopefully I can implement new icons in HOI3..... :eek:o

I like the variety of mods out there. They focus on different things, giving the game new aspects.

Personally I love the tech tree from the mod34. It's a blast from the past (HOI1) and a joy for me. Paradox wanted something different, and so did most mods. If every mod was going to be merged, things like that might have to be sacrificed to come up with a compromise.
At least that is what I fear.

Some like to work in large groups, some alone and others with a few trusted ones.

Mods do a fantastic job for all of us. Let us have more then one flavor to chose from.

A BIG thank you to the mod people! :)

The Great Duck said:
But what is the point in having several mods that want to do the same?

They might have the same goal - making the game better. But as long as they do it in different ways, they have an individual value. Forcing them to merge might remove some of the reason you chose your favorite mod.

Well,I don't see the point in having several historical mods that want to make the game more realistic and historical.If they merged,the mod would be better,and could maybe even be finished!

The Great Duck said:
Well,I don't see the point in having several historical mods that want to make the game more realistic and historical.If they merged,the mod would be better,and could maybe even be finished!

The problem is the difficulty of what is historically. One say CAS should be more effectiv, the others say no, some say subs are to powerfull, the others say they are too weak......
Every mod has its own opinion about this questions....btw me too

Last edited:
The Great Duck said:
Do, instead of talk.

Cpack said:
The problem is the difficulty of what is historically. One say CAS should be more effectiv, the others say no, some say subs are to powerfull, the others say they are too weak......
Every mod has its own meaning about this questions....btw me too
Yeah, you're right but they could use same historical events, same AI, same tech tree and maybe same map.

ozidnz said:
Yeah, you're right but they could use same historical events, same AI, same tech tree and maybe same map.

Sure,but if you only change some unit values, they aren't compatible and you need to install the different ones if you want to play MP.

I would be great if all have the same understanding about values.
For graphics its easy, so everybody can use his own style.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of this idea (or maybe the mod teams should set this as a side project that they all work on with together) mainly because I like to see how different people try to make the game engine work for them, and see their perception of WW2.

Someone popular within the community could try to bring together all these WW2 Modifications but everyone has so many different visions on how to approach Hearts Of Iron.

I've played various modifications but the ones you are insisting is of the few is CORE, StonyRoad and the Compendium Mod. But to be honest, I like all three, but the Compendium offers me a great deal of fun above the rest because it aims for Artificial Intelligence, offers great events, New's, it's own unique and original technology tree, cetera.

What happens if those mod leaders come together and what to do different things that conflict? It just wont happen, you should be very happy that we have so many similar modifications because in actuality, they're extremely different in what they offer, even if they all offered their own original technology trees.

One aspect of the WW2 modifications I was always upset with was how they handled "Heavy Tanks". Like the KV series, Matilda's, IS's, other heavy tanks as technology. If any of them brings this up to me I'd happily share my concerns and suggestions.

orwell said:
I would suggest A Modest Proposal, but that might be stepping over the line of stuff not allowed.
Could you send me that proposal by PM?Or does it just relate somehow to the development of the game and the things that wont be in and that are banned (swastikas,the Holocaust,terror bombing,chemical weapons etc.)