• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(27318)

Sergeant
Mar 30, 2004
Create title action disappears sometimes

The rules for creating titles are a bit.. weird.

Example:

You are King of SomeLand, and have the provinces A, B, C, and K in your demesne. A, B, and C together make up the Duchy of OtherLand. Noone is Duke of Otherland.

You can now create the title of Otherland for the usual cost and give yourself the title. Even if you give away all the provinces but one, you can still create the title. When you go to the title creation screen it will list the provinces and say that you control each that is EITHER in your demesne OR owned by a vassal.

But, if you give away ALL the provinces to different vassals, you suddenly can't create the duke title, even though you obviously control all the necessary provinces according to the previous example. However, if you give away the required amount of provinces to a single vassal, HE can create the duchy forhimself. This is good, but why can't you, his liege lord, also create it and give it to someone else?

It would be *VERY* nice if you didn't need to have one of the required provinces as your demesne to be able to create a certain title, but only have the provinces under your control in any way to have the ability.

Upvote 0
I think this is a WAD, not a bug - I believe you need to control at least one of the provinces in the required area directly to be able to create the title. This is of course a feature you may agree or disagree with, but I believe this works as designed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.