1.7.3 - Hotfix Released - Checksum 7d7e

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If it's a DDR patch; they kinda should fix the mission abuse he uses early one. The accumulate money; create an army for our nation, ... that he just does with queueing armies and then just cancelling them to succeed the missions.

This.

Johan thinks that 'fixing' the Religious Unity mission 'exploit' by limiting colonies will stop it's abuse, but it won't. He could have taken a hard look at the missions and set appropriate triggers for them (say, 75% for that one), but he didn't. It will be exploited again in the near future.

Plus, as stated, the Prestige and Army Tradition exploits weren't even in the patch notes, so apparently that's expected gameplay now.

Otherwise, they should have just fixed getting exiled period, and not messed around with 'is he on the boat or not'.

else, they really aren't trying to close exploits in this hotfix. Fixing Poland to be 'as designed' (still waiting to see if it's actually fixed) and the national focus bit for Ironman games is good. Japan not being a crazy mess is also nice.

Random side Q:--- I watch Japan change colours constantly as Daimyo's kept winning. Isn't Japan proper supposed to stay Red always?

Let's see if that vassal-annex issue for Japan translates to fix the 'general annex-overlord' bug or if it stops Colonial nations from continuing in a war when their overlord peaced out already.

Closing DDRJake's "exploits" again I see...

So what, those exploits are clearly broken mechanics/missions. Of course there is a "risk" of PDS fixing loopholes when he tells the world about it. If he wanted yet another TM accomplishment, he could have kept quiet about the exploits until he finished his WC.

So what, those exploits are clearly broken mechanics/missions. Of course there is a "risk" of PDS fixing loopholes when he tells the world about it. If he wanted yet another TM accomplishment, he could have kept quiet about the exploits until he finished his WC.
This. All the people saying PDS should have let him finish his WC first or even saying the patch's purpose was to hinder him from achieving it should really sit down and think for a second or two before posting in a public forum. It makes me feel a bit emberassed, like when watching afternoons' Talk-Shows

- To become unexiled a unit must be fully loaded onto ships.
What does "fully loaded" mean? Does this say that you can't split up an exiled unit, and the entire army has to be on the ships?

Because...

A) It's a pain in the *** when I get called into a war by an ally and I have units marching through military access lands (or the HRE if I happen to be fighting the HRE) and an ally calls me into a war so I get exiled.
B) If I can't split up the armies to move them and my cog fleet gets destroyed now I have to wait for a whole new fleet.

Edit: I tested it, and apparently "fully loaded" means fully shipped out to sea. Still shows an unwillingness to address the fact that exiled units create loads of problems in order to fix one small MP "exploit" (if you view it as an exploit), but at least it's not making it significantly worse.

Last edited:

If he didn't already have the achievement I'd say wait since him pointing out some outrageous exploits is helping Paradox out. Since he already got it there's no reason to wait...

Point was to silently criticize Pdox internal game testing, their current DLC model, and overall approach to direction of this game.

Decrypting my earlier post for those who did not "get it".

Plus, as stated, the Prestige and Army Tradition exploits weren't even in the patch notes, so apparently that's expected gameplay now.

To be fair, I'd rather this over more missions becoming worthless. I don't even know how they'd make the prestige-giving mission worse but they'd find a way.

Point was to silently criticize Pdox internal game testing, their current DLC model, and overall approach to direction of this game.

Decrypting my earlier post for those who did not "get it".

Nope, those points were totally absent from your post. I absolutely agree with you on your criticism, though.

This.

Johan thinks that 'fixing' the Religious Unity mission 'exploit' by limiting colonies will stop it's abuse, but it won't. He could have taken a hard look at the missions and set appropriate triggers for them (say, 75% for that one), but he didn't. It will be exploited again in the near future.

Otherwise, they should have just fixed getting exiled period, and not messed around with 'is he on the boat or not'.

else, they really aren't trying to close exploits in this hotfix. Fixing Poland to be 'as designed' (still waiting to see if it's actually fixed) and the national focus bit for Ironman games is good. Japan not being a crazy mess is also nice.

Random side Q:--- I watch Japan change colours constantly as Daimyo's kept winning. Isn't Japan proper supposed to stay Red always?

Let's see if that vassal-annex issue for Japan translates to fix the 'general annex-overlord' bug or if it stops Colonial nations from continuing in a war when their overlord peaced out already.

That, or just set a cooldown of say, six months, before you can get the same mission again.

Who says DDRJake automatically updates his game? <smh>

*I* certainly don't. ;)

Well some bugfixes and some DDRJake fix.
The latter don't address the main points risen by that run and simply address the most painful to use trick I ever saw. Come on, colonies don't count towards religious unity, who the heck cares about it!
You could have let it be for now and programmed a later patch which could rework the mission system and finally tell us all what the hell protectorates are in the game for.