1.7.3 - Hotfix Released - Checksum 7d7e

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Support independence minimum opinion should now be -25. (no -1000 AI score)
- Fixed CTD where changing trade in CountryTradeView would assume that the merchant is currently trading.
- CTD when issuing the help command in console.
- National focus now saved.
- Increased precision in fabricate claim discovery, should now be better.
- You will no longer annex Japan when you try to annex a vassal to Japan
- Having national focus unchangeable, the tooltip will now tell you the reason for it.
- Religious unity values will not be super low when legitimacy is below 100.
- Loot & Income from Peace is no longer considered as monthly income for income calculations.
- To become unexiled a unit must be fully loaded onto ships.
- Colonies no longer affect religious unity.

- You now no longer get both opinion bonus & penalty when winning elections in an Elective Monarchy.
- Truce now scales per month, not just per year.
- Legitimacy is now set to 90 if a foreign ruler goes on the throne of an Elective Monarchy.
- In an Elective Monarchy, you now get the same dynasty on your noble if current ruler is local.
- Valid opposing rivalries should no longer cancel for the stronger nation at a monthly tick.

Couldnt have waited until he finished the campaign? That's not nice :(

Oh, forgot about this part.

The patch sounds great! I feel a little bad for DDRJake, but he's a big boy and he knows the risks.
I think that almost all these changes (except the DDRJake ones) were awaited anxiously by the players.

Closing DDRJake's "exploits" again I see...

What, nothing to say about my thread detailing how to trivialize black flags with fleet rights? I'm assuming that's what Johan's listing as patched, though in most cases it simply means you need a few more boats and nothing more, as only in rare circumstances can you not safely make it out to sea then back if you're creative with FBR, and in the case of areas like Scotland you can still just ally them ^_^.

Granted, infinite ADM is a bit more questionable :). Mil access exile is a stupid concept in the first place. There were better ways to handle the actual exploit (IE black flagging if nation honors CTA while you're in their territory) than making the game less historical on purpose.

Oh btw, humanist lets you constantly fire religious civil disorder, which because you actually have unity ends instantly if you pick a tolerant society and gives you a stability. That's not as good as ADM spam from missions, but it is still useful/iffy.

To be honest, the stuff needs to be patched, but he figured out how to dance around the rules, he should be given the benefit of not having the DDRJake based patches released until he is done.

Just my .02

Does the rivalry fix solve the problem where you can't rival nations that have rivaled you at all?

Why is it 1.7.3 and not 1.7.1? Did we have other hotfixes since 1.7, if yes, where to find the corresponding patchnotes? (just watching the forums currently, didn't play for a few weeks)

- Support independence minimum opinion should now be -25. (no -1000 AI score)
- Fixed CTD where changing trade in CountryTradeView would assume that the merchant is currently trading.
- CTD when issuing the help command in console.
- National focus now saved.
- You will no longer annex Japan when you try to annex a vassal to Japan
- Having national focus unchangeable, the tooltip will now tell you the reason for it.
- Religious unity values will not be super low when legitimacy is below 100.
- Loot & Income from Peace is no longer considered as monthly income for income calculations.
- To become unexiled a unit must be fully loaded onto ships.
- Colonies no longer affect religious unity.
- You now no longer get both opinion bonus & penalty when winning elections in an Elective Monarchy.
- Truce now scales per month, not just per year.
- Legitimacy is now set to 90 if a foreign ruler goes on the throne of an Elective Monarchy.
- In an Elective Monarchy, you now get the same dynasty on your noble if current ruler is local.
- Valid opposing rivalries should no longer cancel for the stronger nation at a monthly tick.

Excellent!!! Thanks a lot.

Now the Poland shall rule!
Good thing I abandoned the save until that was fixed rather than entering the 1600's with 20 legitimacy.
Everything is redeemed.

Question: did any added modding functionalities manage to get into this hotfix?

Captain Gars has for example presented this in his Captain's Log thread in User Modifications sub-forum :

Could someone from Paradox please comment on this? THANKS!

I, too, would like to know if these are in and/or when we might expect them.

That said, usually, these come in the major releases, not patches. We can only hope. That said, the comment about him talking to the devs was made right before he went on holiday and he's not back yet...and they were on holiday while he was working...

Thanks for the patch but is there still no fix for protectorates not transferring their trade power in 1.5 save-games? Patch 1.7 fixed the issue for colonies but the protectorates are still keeping all their trade power to themselves. Breaking and then re-establishing will work but I'd rather enjoy Res Publica in my Dutch game without having to re-subjigate the Far East.

This issue was addressed by a Paradox QA intern here but we have yet to see a fix for the protectorates.

I also noticed that some of the AI's protectorates get to keep their alliances in some cases although I have not figured out how.

If it's a DDR patch; they kinda should fix the mission abuse he uses early one. The accumulate money; create an army for our nation, ... that he just does with queueing armies and then just cancelling them to succeed the missions.

what game files were actually changed? just defines? for modding purposes it would be great to know what files need to be updated

Looks like just the binary...