• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
no.. each power gives you +1.... and you can only give +10 from adm or dip or mil each month.

and its drained, if you have less than +10, so you are basically going to 0 quickly in power

for your average monarch there, its 20 years..
So if I'm getting this right, a max of 30 progress/month (10 each from each category) is possible each month?

With the lowest westernization cost being 6000 (Eastern group is +20%), that's an absolute minimum of 200 months to westernize, or 16 years and 8 months (not accounting for events as I have no clue how common they might be).

Is that about right?

From the looks of it, it is harder, but less long-term damage. Wheras the current westernization you have to sink thousands of admin points into stability and you dont get those back.
And from the sounds of it, now you have to sink 5000+ power combined into it instead. Distributing that evenly and it is still a couple thousand admin points.

Unless I've misunderstood, which is definitely possible as the explanation of how it works wasn't particularly clear.

Im pretty sure that you gain westernization points alongside monarch points, not in lieu of monarch points... though some clarification would be nice.
Sure didn't sound like it:

no.. each power gives you +1.... and you can only give +10 from adm or dip or mil each month.

and its drained, if you have less than +10, so you are basically going to 0 quickly in power

for your average monarch there, its 20 years..
Emphasis mine.

Other way around, it said the cost was "modified by tech group". So I assume Eastern will be cheaper than New World, by a lot.
From the sounds of it, for the Eastern group it'll cost 6000 (5000*1.2) monarch points, thus taking 200 months minimum at 30/month.
For the New World group it'll cost 12500 (5000*2.5) monarch points, taking 417 months minimum. I know I'm never going to bother westernizing as a New World nation if I have to sit nearly 40 years just watching the grass grow.

And you can med that head start for less than it takes to move from Men at Arms(tech level 5) to Lansknechts(lvl 10), 600*5*3= 9k points.
You're at minimum 8 techs behind, so westernizing is hardly "catching up". You still have to catch up in tech, which costs several thousand more monarch power.

and you don't lose your existing points you could save up 2997 mp and just let them drain for extreme reductions in westernization time.
Seeing as it is seemingly capped at 10/month/category, you can't spend more than 30/month. So the time will be unaffected by saving up as it'll still take a minimum of 80 months to spend 2400 points.