• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LordLeto

Indipidipenditant
62 Badges
Apr 20, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
This will be my second AAR, my first(see sig.) fell short on two of its goals, this one will be on a smaller scale, as I am playing the Papal states, the Med will be where my attention is drawn to most. Wont be doing any colonys till after the Edict of Tolerance(gotta abide by my own rules, even if those other countrys dont). And even then, not on a large scale.

Game Specs
Version:1.07(no betas)
Deficulty:Norm/Norm
Scenerio:GC
Main Goal:Take back the Holy Land and North Africa for Catholicisim.
Side Goals:possible own every Italian Province. Convert some/many/most Protestant countrys back to Catholic.
Rules:
No Military Annexing Catholic countrys.
Abide by my own Edicts/Treatys/Etc.

Hehe... Go ahead!

Good luck again!

A small observation: change the sig link to "completed"...you kinda put some new letters in it:D

Martinus V 1417-1431

Oddone Colonna was elected unaimously Bishop of Rome after a conclave of three days on November 11, 1417 by the representitives of the five nations(France, Spain, England, Germany, and Italy), he took the name Martinus in honor of the saint of Tours whose feast day fell on the election day. Being then only sub deacon, he was ordained deacon on 12th, and priest on 13th, and was consecrated bishop on 14th. On November 21, 1417 he was crowned pope in the great court of the episcopal palace of Constance.

The church had just passed thru its most challenging event, the Western Schism, and Martinus was invited by King Sigismund of Germany who used every effort to induce Martin V to reside in a German city while France begged him to come to Avignon, but, rejecting all offers he set out for Rome. He gained teh support of Queen Joanna of Naples, who was in possesion of Rome, by consenting to recognize her as Queen of Naples, and to permit her coronation by Cardinal Legate Morosini. After Rome had risen from its delapidated state thru famine, plague, and schism, with the help of Florence Martinus regained the rest of the Papal States, who during the schism had become an incoherent mass of independent cities and provinces, or were under the control of the famous condottiere Bracco di Montone, who had gained mastery over half of central Italy. And upon his death the lands Martinus had reserved for him joined the Papacy.

Martinus set about further strenghting the Papal States position in Italy, with the help of his kin the Colonna family arranged an alliace with Genoa and Milan(who would later be vassels). Martinus showed great forsight in this endevor for the Turks had expanded at the expense of the Duchy of Athens, who called on its allies Modena and Tuscany. The former of which was invaded, besiged, and formally annexd by the Turks. Having a moslim power so close was unacceptable to Martinus, and the day after Modenas annexation war was declared.

Tuscany soon joined the Papal League in their war with the Turkish alliance. The Turkish army in Modena was set upon by the Army of the Holy Cross on April 29, 1422. The battle raged for near 20 days, and was almost lost, but reinforcements from Milan turn the tide and the Turks, to the last man, were captured or killed. Modena was put under seige, but the majority of the papal army was recalled to Rome, for on May 11, Siena, a stronghold of support for the emperor, declared war. Matrinus declined support from the Papal League, asking them to focus on defending Italy from further turkish incursions. Siena besiged Rome with an army of twenty-five thousand men, mostly infantry, so when the Army of the Holy Cross arrived in January with its strong cavalry contingent it drove the Sienese from the walls of Rome after a 7 month seige. Emilia fell to the forces of Milan soon after.

The wars with Siena and the Ottoman Turks continued to rage and the Papal Fleet was sent to the Ligurian Sea to aid the Genoans who were fighting the Turks there. After several naval excursions the Turks were driven from the Emilia coast on Febuary 5, 1428. Rome was again put under seige in October of 1427 by Seina, the seige wasnt lifted until August 12 of the next year, and in November Siena itself was besieged. Before it was put under siege Siena managed to curry favor in Mantua and Naples, and both declared war in support of the Sienese. Though Siena fell a year after the start of the Siege, it was made a client state of the Papacy. Martinus delgated these wars to his allies, Genoa was asked to aid in the defeat of the fleets of Naples and Aragon, who had honoured its comitments with Naples. While Tuscany was given the task of humbling both Mantua and Naples on the land. The former of which was allowed to be annexed by Martinus by Tuscany. The later was driven from Naples and capitulated to the Papal League after the fall of Naples, paying 250 ducats, which was divided between its members, on August 8, 1429.

The Turks arrived in the Ligurian Sea, besieging Corsica, while the Papal and Genoan fleets were battling the Aragon fleet. A force was dispatched to Corsica to releave the island in October of 1430. The force was thrown from the Island by the Turkish cavalry and returned to Emilia for reinfocements. Again on Febuary of 1431 a Papal force arrived on the shores of Corsica, this time defeating the Turks, the surviors were massicared by the Papal forces, in retribution for their brothers in arms killed during the first attack. He died 3 days after the battle of Corsica, on Febuary 20, 1431.

During his reign he also endeavored in peace. He had a hand in Zigmunts accention to the throne of Bohemia. He also opposed the secular encroachments upon the rights of the Church in France by issuing a Constitution, which greatly limited the Gallican liberties in that part of France which was subject to King Henry VI of England, and by entering a new concordat with King Charles VII of France in August, 1426. He also negotiated with Constantinople in behalf of a reunion of the Greek with the Latin Church. Though in vain as that city was soon captured by the Turks.

Eugene IV was elected by the conclave, assembled at Rome in the church of the Minerva after the death of Martin V, they elected him to the papacy on the first scrutiny. He assumed the name of Eugene IV, possibly anticipating a stormy pontificate similar to that of Eugene III. Stormy, in fact, his reign was destined to be.

Last edited:
Interesting, it seems my BB points cant go down fast enuf, and i controll most of Italy right now, and I just have a tarnished rep.(this was after I military annexed Triploli)

Eugene IV 1431-47

Gabriello Condulmaro came from a wealthy Venetia family. Coming at an early age into wealth, he distributed a great amount to the poor, he turned his back on the outside world and entered an Augustinian monastery of St. George in his native city. At the age of twenty-four he was appointed by his uncle Bishop of Siena; but since the people of that city objected to the rule of a foreigner, he resigned the bishopric and, in 1408, was created Cardinal-Priest of St. Clement. And he was eveuntaly made pope.

During the begining of his reign Genoa had expanded the alliance to include Gelre, and when they draged the alliance to war all its I talian members declined to participate, with the exception of Genoa. A second Papal League was formed, with the member states of Milan and Tuscany, as well as the title member. The new client state of Siena also joined the alliance several months later.

During this the Papal League was still at war with the Turks, who were staunchly refusing to reliquish Emilia. In December of 1431 the Papal fleet set sail from Marche to Asia Minor, stoping in Corfu, Crete, and the Island of Naxos. While enroute the fleet eganged and defeated several turkish fleets, and news of the stunning defeats brought by the ships of the Papacy growing ever closer forced the sultans hand and he agreed to give Emilia to Milan in return for peace. The war ended Febuary 1, 1433.

Though in April of that same year the Turks conqured Constantinople, though they allowed the current Patriarch to remain he was effectivly under their control. It seemed to the reunion between the Greek and Latin churchs wasnt to be.

Eugene now turned his attention to Rome and Italy. The Colonna family had been given high positions, land, titles, and fiefs by Martinus V when he was still and landless rule and had only his kin to support him. None the less Eguene had a firery hatred for nepotism, and this brought him into conflict with the Colonna family. Which would have resulted disastrously for the pope, had not Florence, Venice, and Naples come to his aid. A peace was patched up by virtue of which the Colonnesi surrendered their castles and paid an indemnity.

Milan was persuaded to become a Papal state in September of 1434, bringing Lombardia and Emilia, as well as a large port, under to direct rule of Pope Eugene IV.

Eugene had a few years of peace to deal with a possible second western schisim. The Council of Basle reasserted the Gallican doctrine of the superiority of the council to the pope. Eugene was almost forced to flee Rome because of a rebellion formented by his enemies, but that quickly subsided with the news of the Turkish alliances new aquistions. Naples Aragon and Albania had been fighting the Turks for sometime now, but the war had finaly turned for the worse. Naples was striped of Apulia by the Ottomans and Albania was unsanctimonously annexed by Dulkidir in January of 1439. This was entirely unacceptable, what ever Eugenes views of Martius V he agreed that a moslim power could not be allowed to make gains in Italy, possibly threatening the Holy See. So war with the Turks was again taken up, Tuscany honored the alliance while Siena needed a bit more proding to fight for their new lords. While Teke, the Ottomans and Karaman rallyed behind Dulkidir.

The Papal fleet with an beseiging force of six thousand men set sail from Marche in Febuary of 1439 and arrived in June after some minor skirmishes with some of the faster ships of the Turkish navies. Apulia was besiged and heeding the call from their pope Aragon reinfoced the contingent. The turks tried in vain to life the seige.

The war raged on for six more years. The papal fleet was reduced to a shadow of its former self. Italy was secured and on Febuary 5 1445 the Ottomans reliquished Apulia to Eugene IV. In July of that year peace with Dulkidir was also reached.

Soon Siena was inudcted as a Papal state and Eugene could focus on religious matters. The Schismatics had quited during the war, but they hadnt gone away. But support for another great Schism was no where to be found. The council declared Eugene suspended and finnaly deposed. Duke Amadeus of Savoy was proclaimed Pope Felix V. But the Christian world repudiated the revolutionary step, and, before his death, Eugene had the happiness of seeing the entire Christian world, at least in theory, obedient to the Holy See. He died in Rome on Febuary 23, 1447.

Nicolaus V was made bishop of Rome on March 6. His rule would be dominated by war. And he would guide the further expansion of the Papal States.

Last edited:
*pokes LL*
Have you read my AAR yet?

You seem to be doing quite well, but then, most popes are pretty good diplomatically are they not?

:D funny aar

so far all have had at least 4 green dots iirc

Also, are you having problems with the UP forums? I am, cant seem to post, or send messages(so how the hell am i sposta tell them about this.....)

copitulated? I almost fell out of my chair! I thought for a minute I had read wrong and somehow sex got into an AAR. I finally figured out you meant capitulated. No biggie, but I had to twit you about it.

Great start to your new AAR!

yea well, i cant spell worth a damn. :rolleyes:

Sorry...didn't mean to sound disparaging...just couldn't resist since it DID make me laugh. Don't you have MS Word? I use it with my AAR for spelling(except for the spellings of various nations since it doesn't recognize so many of them). Not that spelling is all that big a deal. As long as you keep up your normal exceptional quality I don't care how bad the spelling is...:)

I write in the reply area.

Ah...Don't care in the end...The quality is great, so keep up the good work!

Originally posted by LordLeto
:D funny aar

so far all have had at least 4 green dots iirc

Also, are you having problems with the UP forums? I am, cant seem to post, or send messages(so how the hell am i sposta tell them about this.....)

I seemt to have no problems, no idea why.