• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

J. Passepartout

Shah Space Invader
7 Badges
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
One day, a long time ago, there was a country, named the Timurid Empire, which, in this day and age, would be attacked by the United States of America. Fortunately for us, the U.S.A did not exist then, so the Timurids could continue to oppress the sheep (for both Sunnis and Shiites were tolerated due to the fact that it was too much trouble to oppress people who could fight back) and be particularly unstable. The Timurid Empire was ruled from the saddle by a chess piece named Shah Rukh, child of Timur Lenkh, and a strange person known to history Pyotr Eppsn.

“My lord,” said Pyotr, “I have some plans. First of all, we need to get you out of the capital and over at the easternmost border. For I can see through the mists of time, although it is indeed misty, and I see that the Chagatai Khanate will declare war soon.”

“Yes, Oh Most Grandiose Sire” said Shah Rukh, for he had been most splendidly hypnotized by Pyotr, and could only obey his orders.

Pyotr Eppsn then proceeded to grant home rule to Baluchistan, as the inhabitants of the area were a bunch of morons and Pyotr didn’t feel like ruling them. He also gave bribes unto the Uzbeks, and formed an alliance with the owners of an Indian deli and his friend the Kaliph. Pyotr also decreed that “The army shall only get half of the money they formerly got, since I need more money to settle this border dispute with the Uzbeks.”

Sure enough, in 1421, the Chagatai Khanate declared war, and in the initial confusion, the army got even more confused when they realised they didn’t know where the Khanate was. In his infinite wisdom, Pyotr Eppsn said to just walk east, and they’d find it. And thus started the road to Greatness, Alaska (just south of Juneau).

OOC: Okay, I intend to survive and relate this tale, and I think I will, since I got past the disintegration event. Peter, if you want me to change the title or the main character, say so.

Originally posted by J. Passepartout
One day, a long time ago, there was a country, named the Timurid Empire, which, in this day and age, would be attacked by the United States of America. Fortunately for us, the U.S.A did not exist then, so the Timurids could continue to oppress the sheep

Now that's the statement of the day.... :D

so the Timurids could continue to oppress the sheep (for both Sunnis and Shiites were tolerated due to the fact that it was too much trouble to oppress people who could fight back) and be particularly unstable.

LOL!!!

Great intro - this is going to be a fun right, I think. :)

D'oh! And here I was almost all set to start my own Timurids AAR. Oh well ... I'm sure your experience was quite different from mine, as I made some choices along the way that many would have considered insane. (Personally, I would call them "interesting", but that's just me.)

What patch are you playing with, and how difficult did you find the disintegration? I thought the recent annualization of RR in the latest beta patches made that event a bit of a cake walk. It wasn't until I got two SSREM-inspired Famines (both of which I chose the RR choice for) in the 1470's that it began to get difficult. The Persian uprising was a bit more difficult, as it drained my army enough to provoke Mameluks and Friends to attack.

It will be interesting to see how you do with the Timurids ... particularly how you deal with the almost total lack of money in the beginning. (No census taxes? Whaddya mean no census taxes?) And the frequent border wars with the Khanates. And the uber-expensive fortification costs, thanks to being nearly full offensive at the start.

Alas, I see you decided to free Baluchistan ... tsk, tsk. Such weakness is unbecoming of a true dictator ... even a teenage one. :D Best of luck.

I'm on vanilla 1.07, and amazingly I'm actually earning money each month, for whatever reason.

I don't want to reveal anything ahead of time, but the Disintegration was very easily dealt with, since, as I said, I was getting some spare cash.

By the way, look at Peter Ebbesens The Timurid Sciendtists to see what The Conquerer did with Baluchistan.

Thanks everyone for commenting.

OK, so you didn't have to promote tax collectors to get census taxes. That must've been nice. If you'd played with the first 1.07b beta patch, you'd have been getting about 10 ducats end-of-year tax income, tax collectors cost 55d thanks to 10% inflation, and your monthly income is likely being funneled into stability. Can you feel my pain? :D

I've read the Timurid Scientists, as well as MrT's A Few of My Possessions. I know it makes all kinds of sense to free the Baluchis initially, but as I mentioned I deliberately made some silly decisions. I just couldn't resist the dig. ;)

OOC: Okay, I intend to survive and relate this tale, and I think I will, since I got past the disintegration event. Peter, if you want me to change the title or the main character, say so.
Hell, no. Keep up the good work. :)

I don't want to reveal anything ahead of time, but the Disintegration was very easily dealt with, since, as I said, I was getting some spare cash.
The road of the chicken. Bwaark. Bwaaark.

Re: Re: Timid Timurids? The Post-Lenkh Years; or I was a teenage dictator

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen

The road of the chicken. Bwaark. Bwaaark.

LMAO :D :p :D

Joe

"Bum de bum bum." said Shah Rukh. He was incredibly bored. So bored in fact, that when his manservant woke him up, the shouting scared some people in Lut. Sieges in the Khanate had caused the west to fall to the Empire. It was 1423, and was getting ready to invade yet another province. Then, a guy came up to him and said "Hey, I can get you Tian Shan, cheap."

"Okay."

"Sign here."

The paper said:

The Timurid Empire will receive Tian Shan and peace, in return for which Satan will receive the souls of the inhabitants of the Timurid Empire until Doomsday.

__________ <-------- Sign Here

"Hmmm, sounds good." said the Shah. "Have you got ink and a stick?"

"Right here."

Shah Rukh signed the paper and poked the Devil in the eye with the stick, for it was the Devil who was offering the peace. "See you later, Satan." And the ruler of an empire rode towards home.

Anyway, remember those Luttans? They revolted. When Pyotr Eppsn heard of it, he jumped on his horse and rode to Lut. He then proceeded to kill every revolter by himself. He said "Okay, you guys, I'm going to kill you all singlehandedly, and if you fight back this nine thousand man army here will shoot you and diisembowel you and your family and your descendants until they die. An we will also burn down your best friends house, and rape the first girl we find. So don't fight back." For this act of sheer bloodymindedness, Shah Rukh made Pyotr a Lord Marquis, whatever that is.

i'll wake up my neighbours if you continue on this note:) , and that's a lot of people!

The Timurid Empire has been, essentially, at peace for the past twelve years. The various wars Blade!s Deli started don't count, since the Empire didn't send any troops and spent most of those two or three wars talking the Kaliphate and Baluchistan into actually staying in the alliance.

Then, in 1435, something happened. A bright light was seen in the sky. Rumours spread about what it was, and the Isfrahan Stock Exchange closed for the day, after the market plunged down to the lowest point since the previous week.

"Your Majesty, the Brokers in Isfrahan are revolting."

Shah Rukh jumped up. "I had 200 Ducats invested in Bribery of Peasants, Ltd.! Does this have anything to do with that Space Monster?"

"It's not really Godzilla. Godzilla lives in the Pacific ocean. But yes. The peasants thought he was going to burn down the city with his radioactive breath, and sold all their government bonds and their stocks. The Market closed for a day so that the stocks would recover, and the brokers, having nothing better to do, revolted."

"Well, kill them all."

"I'm sorry, but before I can do that, I need you to bail me out. I lost money in stocks. I need seventy five Ducats."

Do I have a lack of readership or a lack of response?

Don't worry, we're here, waiting for more. This is too funny to see it cut short. :)

Chime me into the "Ready for a fun AAR" crowd.

Duuk

This is actually funny! :D

great work!:)