• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(12594)

Second Lieutenant
Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
Ryazan, fighting off the oppressor (and Baden)

Ok, if you read my other AARs you'll probably think I won't finish any AARs but this is Ryazan! My favorite country (I like the flag you see:D ) My goals are: Become Russia and get all of my core provinces (In events I'll take the one I'll get the most core provinces in) and conquer the province of Baden.
Playing on normal-normal.
Btw, my test plays rocked! The Otto's went with break the agreements in the blablabalbla with the center of trade thingy and with keep the old one in the city of men's desire:D
gonna play now...later

Last edited:
Originally posted by Judas Maccabeus
One of these days, we're going to have an MP game, with me as Baden and you as Strassbourg... :)

You'd still win, though. ;)
strassbourg:confused: i hate damn strassbourg...i'll annex you with nippon:p

he and Judas, why do't we play an MP game:confused:
if you give me your msn we can do this:)

Last edited:
btw, a monarch is a chapter, does a monarch die a new chapter begins......i'm starting with Fedor III who is a pretty normal monarch, 4-3-3 in dots...i'm a country south of moscow, vassal of golden horde. i like vodka so i might throw in a bottle or twenty.....text between *.....* is whispering

Last edited:
Chapter 1: Fedor III and his neighbours

Ah yes, 1st of January 1419, a memorable date. Fedor III sent a diplomat to the Khan of the Golden Horde which read (in Russian):

Your mother is so old, she's older than you.
Yours sincerely, Fedor III of Ryazan.

Ps, you won't have our money anymore.

This ofcourse meant that Fedor had canceled his vassalization with that stinking Khan.

'Vasily! when do do we have another diplomat with guts?
One who dares to run to Poland?'

Vasily immediately checked his log and informed his king that it would take at least a year before someone suitable was found.

'Damned!!!' Fedor shouted. We need an alliance quickly, when Moscow is done with Novgorod we're in deep shit.
Tell me when you have someone. *God I hate orthodox people*.

A year later someone was found and he was immediately sent to Poland with the request of letting Ryazan in the alliance with Poland, Lithuania and Bohemia. Poland sent the diplomat back with a note which read:

Fedor III, monarch of Ryazan. You are welcome to join our alliance. Just get a better army...

The diplomat was useless now, he was still shaking of could and fright. On his way back he had been attacked by a group of wolves and only by his sword he had survived. He got a bottle of vodka for the help as Fedor checked his army.

'7000 infanterists and 3000 cavalrists. Well, we can only support this much but we must listen to the words of the Polish so disband all those damn infanterists and retrain them to cavalrists.
Also, wright down: Send next 3 diplomats to alliance members, 1st to Lithuania, 2nd to Poland and 3rd to Bohemia.'

What must be done, will be done and the next three years the sucke....I mean diplomats were sent to the alliance members for royal marriages. Only Bohemia had to be stubborn and rejected the royal marriage so Fedor had his daughter killed. She was probably to ugly, even for Bohemians...
Yes Fedor wa a harsh man, if he liked you, you would live a great life, but if he didn't your life could stop very soon.

'Ow dear Lord up in the sky! I hate merchants! First they just walk into my palace as if it was allowed to anyone and then they want me to impose a new tariff. Screw them God, I won't!
Can't a rich monarch have any peace without being disturbed by some stinking merchants, you know what?
Vasily! Get those merchants and get them killed.'

'Yes milord.'

Vasily was a loyal servant, he had served the royalty for three generations and now far in his eightees he was almost done for.
Fedor really liked the man, and when it was his time he would get a memorable funeral.

As Fedor was checking the map, a loyal servant walked in with a message from Lithuania:

Friesland has expanded too much by annexing both Geldre and Oldenburg, will you join us in our war against that dishonorable scum?

A smaller note was also attached which was luckily seen by Fedor's keen eyes. This one said:

Poland and Bohemia have betrayed us, but we can count on you or not?

Fedor got a bottle of Vodka from the closed and began to drink and after his sixth bottle he thaught he was funny by telling the diplomat to **** off and to screw Lithuania.

Ofcourse the simple diplomat obeyed and before Fedor had a chance to become sober the diplomat was long gone.

The Lithuanians heard the storey off the diplomat and thaught that if Fedor was sober he would gladly help them in their crusade and they were right. Fedor could use the help off such a big ally so close to his enemy's: Golden Horde and Muscowy, so once again he joined the alliance.

Now Fedor thaught the time had coem to declare war upon Muscow, they were wrapped in a war against Novgorod and all their troops were freezing. The Lithuanians joined the war and even finished Yuri Patrikeev off without merci. It was probably the help off the few thousand infanterists that Fedor had just ordered
that had turned the tied. But who cares, with yuri dead nothing could stand in Ryazans glorious path, not even the peace off Lithuania with Moscow in exchange for a few gold pieces to Lithuania so that Ryazan could now take every single province.
Fedor's troops had now already taken Vologda and were marching towards th next province when a Frisian diplomat arrived at the court offering a white peace. Ofcourse Fedor accepted as yet another diplomat ran in. He rold Fedor the civilians had established some cantonments and that the manpower of Ryazan was a thouisand men more.

But, when things go great something has got to go wrong, and so it did. A stupid meteor was sighted and all those narrowminded believing people thaught God hated Fedor.
Rumors went through the province and the revolt risk got higher.

(Any suggestions of adding some xtra things to the AAR, let me know. I could probably use them)

Now, in 1428 the only Muscovian province remaining was Nizhgorod. Ofcourse this could not last long and when the city finally fell on December 1st 1429 the war was over. Fedor sent a generous peace offer demanding only militairy acces, Nizhgorod, Olonets, Vologda and 125 ducats. As the Golden Horde was quickly loosing power and rebels were the only army's in that land Fedor had no fears of getting attacked by that land that rested on ancient glory. It once had conquered Ryazan, Musow and Suzdal but now it was a shame for the world.
Ofcourse Fedor wouldn't have to be afraid of anything anymore because a month after the peace offer........he died.

End of chapter 1.

Last edited:
Re: Ryazan, fighting off the oppressor (and Baden)

Nice

Originally posted by NotALlama
...My favorite country (I like the flag you see:D ) My goals are: Become Russia ...

If you like the flag so much why would you become russia :confused: :D

Very good question.... indeed, why not settle for an Imperial Ryazan, no leaders, no conquistadors, no events, but the flag of men's desire in your hands all the way to the (un)bitter end? :p

Very funny style -- I enjoy reading your stories very much! You really have a thing about Baden, don't you? I loved the "Kill Baden" thread a few days ago.

In my game as Muscovy I wiped out Ryazan pretty early. Looks like you're getting revenge here. Fair is fair, I suppose. Good luck!

And if it were up to me, I would say: Forget Baden. Kill Lithuania!

Originally posted by jwolf
Very funny style -- I enjoy reading your stories very much! You really have a thing about Baden, don't you? I loved the "Kill Baden" thread a few days ago.

In my game as Muscovy I wiped out Ryazan pretty early. Looks like you're getting revenge here. Fair is fair, I suppose. Good luck!

And if it were up to me, I would say: Forget Baden. Kill Lithuania!

cool:cool:, you like my AARs:D, but I would like to keep Lithuania as an ally. Ineed them against Golden Horde and stuff. But when the time is ripe...that means they dishonor my alliance I'll go join Georgia and Armenia and stuff...... btw I saw Mameluks in an allianc with the knights, cyprus, georgia and venice or something. Damn weird dude!:eek:

Chapter 2: Ivan IV and his Muslim neighbours

As Ivan checked out his lands, mostly conquered by Fedor, He got a messenger from one of his spies in Novgorod. He heard that Novgorod had annexed Moscow. Ivan was no fool, he knew that if a country had money AND Moscow, it was almost unbeatable.
So, to prepare for war he ordered 5000 infanterists.
Then, as relatians were pretty low, he sent personal gift of God knows how many ducats. A few months later he ordered 6000 more infanterists. Now a person, his name was Vilhelm, made an appointment, in 2 days he and Ivan would meet and 'discuss' some matters. This just ment that Vilhelm was rich and he wanted a high position in the realm. Therefor he granted the state 100 ducats so that he could be the new minister of finance.
The old one sucked anyway...

On April 20th, 1432 Ivan declared war upon Novgorod.
Immediately marching his troops to Moscow so that no more men could be built there. After a few battles which were won by Ryazan Moscow was theirs. Novgorod had been conquered by Lithuania. Then, great news arrived at the court. A peasant from the region of Saratow claimed that he and his fellow citizens had revolted and wished that Ivan could rule their province. Ivan would ofcourse do this and the peasant got 50 bottles of the finest vodka home, just to say thank you.
As another city fell a diplomat from Novgorod arrived at the court offering peace for Moscow, Karelia and Kexholm.
Ofcourse Ivan accepted this offer as he was running low on money and high on revolts.

Then there was the issue with Sweden. Ivan had not the money to settle this is issue so he damaged the relations between Ryazan and Sweden. But war was the only thing Ivan didn't want so he immediately wed his son Fedor II to a Swedish princess.
Then it was time to expand the colony of Karelia.
Ivan sent 2 succesful colonists.

Ofcourse, not everything went smooth in the land and the nobility demanded some old rights. Ivan didn't care and granted them (centr - 1).
As Ivan was preparing another colonist he received a message from the Golden Horde:

We have finally deciphered your message and we didn't like that insult. We will not stand for this. VENDETTA!

Ivan was not terrified...yet as his ally Lithuania joined the war we discovered the capitals of Golden Horde's allies. Emba, Uzbek and Karshak. Immediately Ivan ordered 17000 cavalerists in Moscow and moved his current troops into Tambow. The city was easily taken and his troops marched on to Ufa. Another 4000 cavalery were built and after this also 8000 infanterists. Which were followed by 17000 infanterists more.

The Danish started a war against some stupid country and naturally they wanted militairy acces through Ryazan. Well, why not thaught Ivan. Another enemy gone.

Then the Ryazanic troops conquered Ufa, another issue with the Swedish made sure that the relations between Ryazan and Sweden were screwed for life.

Now the war went downhill fast. Loosing almost every damn battle Ivan had enough and raised the quality of his troops.
New troops were ordered (2000 inf and 4000 cav) and as Lithuania conquered province after province Ryazan went for a white peace with that stinking Golden Horde.

'AARGH, damn allies!' Ivan screamed. 'The Golden Horde is gonna pay for this! Send a dipl....'

At that moment a messenger walked in. He carried a letter from Suzdal. This message read:

Ivan IV of Ryazan. Our country must expand and you are one of two neighbours, probably the weakest. Nothing personal, but war it is.

'Forget that last thing,' Ivan said as he put a bronze coin in the hands of the messenger. 'We move for Suzdal.'

With Lithuania marching through our lands the Suzdallians saw their mistake nd offered peace for 64 ducats to Ryazan.
Ivan accepted and with the new money he sent another 2 colonists to Karelia.

Now Ivan thaught it was time for a sneak attack on Golden Horde. Although the people didn't like it (-7 stab) they did agree.

In these northern lands stars were seen more brightly than anywhere else. That includes comets, a stupid little boy spotted one and screamed murder (that's an expression right?).
The whole city and all the towns in the province sent messengers to relatives in the whole country and soon the revolt risk sprung.

In the war, finally that damn Khazak Horde wa beaten and forced to grant Ryazan 64 ducats. Lithuania was once again conquering a lot of provinces and Ivan didn't want Lithuania to become to powerful so he accepted peace for a mere 50 ducats.

After all those issues with Sweden Ivan thaught it would be nice to be friends with them again and with his expert diplomatic skill he pumped up relations with Sweden (diplomatic move).

Now as Tambow was revolting Ivan thaught it would be easy to get those peasants to join his realm. WRONG!!
That stinking Kazan had declared independance and Tambow had joined their lands. Ivan immediately built 15000 infanterists to sent for those soldierless ************* and conquered the lands quickly. Demanding Tambow and 50 ducats it was peace again.
But Ivan really hated those damn Muslims and sneak attacked Kazan once more to annex them within that same year.

Ofcourse, with all that bloodlust in his mind Ivan went temporarily insane and the Tzar of Tver saw this as an opportunity to take lands from Ryazan. Lithuania immediately went for Tver and Ivan accepted a white peace before Lithuania would annex the land.

In this land with a still insane Tzar ofcourse comes a political crisis
and therefor stability dropped again.

Now Ivan looked into the future what would come next....

ok...in my last few hours of gameplay everything went very sucky and i thaught about lieying (<--or something like that) but i won't have to because the piece of paper i wrote everything on is missing:confused: i'm gonna have to play from the last post, you don't mind right?

Last edited:
Now, the land was in peace. And Ivan wasn't planning to change this (for long:D ). The rebels seemed to have the lower hand for now but also this would change soon, so Ivan ordered 10000 cavalerists and 5000 infanterists.

Ofcourse, when you want peace you can't have it and so Poland declared war upon Pommern, my former ally and because Ivan didn't want wars against Golden Horde without allies he joined the war. Immediately he sent a diplomat for peace, no tribute to either side but the foolish Pommernians rejected this offer. After a month or two the white paece was signed anyway.
Soon thereafter the Teutonic Order proposed a white peace which Ivan gladly accepted.

Ok, this is serious question between, I have Kazan in my possesion as you al know, there is 3% revolt risk there. How come they revolt 4 times in 5 months?:confused:

Now on with the story...

Another 10000 infanterists were ordered so that they could slaughter the 23000 rebels in Kazan, the filthy peasants there would just not lay low.
As all of the troops were kicking ass (for once) in Kazan heretics appeared in Kexholm (for the hundreth time), not that it mattered because there were only 3000 of them and they would die of cold.

With this a big army of 25000 men more ducats had to go into the treasury. Ivan didn't like banks and he liked loans even less so now half the ducats earned went to the treasury.

Now as Ivan had no more angry peasants because of the wars he was planning a short war against Suzdal which had ofcourse their capitol Vladimir and a colony, therefore the country could immediately be annexed when Ivans troops had taken both provinces. As all the troops were on the border, Poland declared war upon Prussia.

'Rats!' Ivan screamed as he heard the news. Now we will have to wait another few months, we don't have all the time in the world.
Stupid Polish. They will feel it, trust me, in the future, it might be far but thy wil feel it. Now, send some diplomats to the Prussians, I want peace now!'

The Prussians were somewhat smarter than the Pommerians and they accepted the first peace offer. In Ivans lands stability was up to +2 again and there wasn't even any sight of revolters in Kazan or Tambow.

On the 6th of April 1455 Ivan declared war upon Suzdal, without calling his allies for help he immediately slaughtered the 4000 troops Suzdal had and took Arkhangelsk. Ofcourse this did not end the war because those damn Northerlings had built a small fortress around Vladimir. Very annoying.

Now once again, the peasants were complaining and revolted in Olonets. Also stability went down to +1. The troops that were not besieging Vladimir went for the revolters and won! :)D )

As Ivan was watching the city of Ryazan he noticed a beautiful lady. She was so beautiful he wanted to run for her immeditely, too bad he stood on a balkone and fell down. Ivan was dead.

End of Chapter 2.