• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chengar Qordath

General
101 Badges
May 18, 2001
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Since days unnumbered, we have been on the plains. We follow the buffalo, from them we gain food, shelter, and all things we may need. We are the navaho...

One day, I went to the spirit guide's tent, and found him deep in concentration. After a while, he left his trance, and spoke to me.

"Much has been learned today, and much done."

"What do you mean, spirit guide?"

"People in a distant land called Spain threatened to destroy our people one day. I went to the cheif of the Castillian tribe, and spoke with him in the world of dreams. Now he has led his tribe on a dangerous path, which will end their threat to us."

"I have never heard of these Castillians..."

"They are far from us, but they never threaten us now. I will protect our people from any threat from foreign invaders, the spirits have shown me the way..."

Game notes:

This game will mostly be observation, but with an interesting new twist. Every ten years, the spirit guide will reach out and use his powers to either destroy or aid one nation. Castille, a inevitable threat to the Navaho, was the first to face the powers of the spirit guide. Who will be next?:eek:

Replies suggesting nations to aid or destroy are more than welcome.

By the way, how do you get screenshots into your AARs?

Sorry, first time I've written one.

Hmm, so you are going to play Navajho, but every few years or so you are going to controll what you see as a threat and stop them? Sounds cool, in any case.

As to your question, find some webspace, upload the image (preferably in JPEG image form, takes up alot less space), and then find the exact web adress, put it in this forum, surrounding the url with

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I'll be able to add some screenshots eventually. I am thinking of having the spirit guide's next target be England.

What happened to Castille

Castille has lost Andalusia, Murcia, Estramadura, and Toledo to Granada.

Castille lost Asturias, Leon, Cantabria, and the Canary Islands to Portugal

Castille is reduced to Castillia and Galicia, it will probably not become a major colonial power.

For those curious about what I did to simulate the spirit guide's attack, here is a brief description.

1. I reload the game as the country to be attacked.

2. Disband all military

3. Declare war on all neigbors.

4. Make peace with anyone who has shields, giving them all territories possible. Then immediately declare war again.

When it becomes possible Iwill change state religion to something really bizarre (Calvinist Popes!)

Wow. Cool. ;)

An Indian AAR with a spirit that nukes the Europeans. This should be a fun read. If you wipe out the Europeans this way, I wonder who will threaten you first?

Nice start.

Stroph

England, March 1st 1429

King Henry VI woke up with a horrendous headache, and had some difficulty remembering what had happened last night. "Must have had a bit too much ale," he groaned through the pounding is his head.

He then heard a soft knock on the door of his bedchamber, and quickly went to open it. "Your Majesty," his cheif advisor said, "are you well?"

"No," the king groaned. "I have a terrible headache, and I can't remember anything that happened in the last two months...

"Oh," the cheif advisor cried, sounding most relieved, "You are yourself again, we were all so worried..."

"What are you talking about?"

"Well sir, for the last two months you have been acting most strangely."

"What did I do?"

"Well, first you ordered us to give Northumberland, Lancashire, Yorkshire, and Meath to the Scots. Then we gave Gascogne, Normandy, Calais, and Caux to the Bretons. You also ordered us to grant Wales independence. Then you ordered the total disbandment of the army and the navy. Shortly after that you declared war on Eire, Scotland, Bretagne, Wales, and France."

"Dear lord, we must raise a new army immediately!"

"We don't have any money for that, sir, your ordered us to spend all our money on insults to the pope. That reminds me, you have also been excomunicated."

"Oh god, how can England survive this?"

In a small tent in the middle of the great plains the spirit guide smiled "another threat to my people eliminated."

Last edited:
Update on England

As a result of the wars, England has lost Kent to France, and Bristol to Ireland. France seized all of the territory given to Bretagne, and looks to be the spirit guide's next target.

1448, The Vatican

"What news from France?" Pope Nicolaus V asked the French ambassador.

"None good, I fear." came the expected reply replied. "It has been nearly ten years since the king's...episode, and chaos still reigns. King Charles' authority does not extend beyond the Ile de France, and everywhere the nobles make war upon each other. Orleanais controls Orleanais Normandy, Picardie, Caux, Vendee and Poitou. Bourbounais only controls a small region around their capital. Auvergne controls Auvergne, Limousin, Guyenne, Cevennes, and Gascogne. Burgundy has Bougougne, Lyonnais, Franche-comte, Calais, and Artois, plus their dutch possessions. Provence controls Provence Languedoc and Dauphine. Britanny controls Morbihan, Maine, Bretagne, and Armor.

"What of the French territory in England.

"The English have retaken the territory they lost 19 years ago to France. On a side note, the Scots have lost Meath, Lancashire, and Yorkshire to Portugal. Is there any other area which you would like to know of Your Holiness?"

"No that is all."

After the ambassador took his leave, Nicolaus signaled one of the pages and said. "Send for my advisors."

*15 minutes later *

"In 1419 the King of Castille suffered an inexplicable bout of insanity, and lost almost all of his kingdom." Nicolaus told his advisors. "In 1429 the King of England suffered a similar attack, and lost more than half of his kingdom. 9 years ago, in 1439, France suffered the same fate. Each collapse seperated by a ten year interval, each one striking a major European nation. Does anyone else find this suspicious?" There was general nodding and agreement around the room. "Now," the pope continued, "we must discover who is responsible for these attacks, and how they are being executed. Any thoughts?"

"The Saracens?" One voice stated tentatively.

"I think not," the pope replied. "If they had such power, they would not turn it on England or France. They have other enemies much closer to their borders."

"An agent of Satan?"

"Yes, it could be that, I suppose. But I would expect greater subtlety from so dangerous an opponent. Besides, exorcism was attempted on the King of France, but had no effect. No, I think the enemy who strikes at us is one of flesh and blood. What baffles me is that there is no clear link between any of the nations. France and England are enemies, and Castille has no dealings with either of them! There must be some connection, but I fail to see it..."

"The next attack should come within a year, perhaps it will provide us with an answer..."

"NO!" The Pope shouted angrily. "The Vatican will not idly watch as Europe disintegrates! We will find the force that strikes at all of Christendom, and we will destroy it! We have two priorities, we must seek to find those who threaten us, and we must do all that we can to stop any further attacks, or at least lessen the effects...we must send those priests who are closest to God to the strongest kingdoms in Europe. Hopefully, they will be able to combat this force, and overcome it. Whether it be Turk, devil, fallen Christian, or even Cathay or some other distant land, we will be victorious in the end!"

The Great Plains, 1449

"You summoned me, Spirit Guide?"

"Yes, my apprentice, sit."

"What is it, oh wise one?"

"For thirty years, the spirits have helped me defend our people from all enemies. Thirty years is a long time to fight, and soon I will walk with the spirits. Before I go, I would like you join me in one last battle."

"Who will we face?"

"I will strike at the tribe called 'Portugese,' you shall attack 'Aragon.' Remember what I have taught you, it will serve you well."

*Later that year, the Vatican*

"I am told the attacks happened, as expected." Nicolaus stated. "Though with a new twist this time. Portugal and Aragon, at the same time. Our enemy grow bolder. Portugal weathered the storm, loosing only Algarve to the Moors, and their possesions in the British Isles. Aragon was not so lucky, they lost Valencia, Gibralter, and Murcia to the Moors, and Rousillon to the French. In addition, Messina and Sardinia broke away from their rule and declared independence (though Aragon's loss of power in Italy does not displease me). Have we learned anything new of our enemies?"

"We still do not know our foes. But we have gained valuable information. I think, that with some practice, we may be able to duplicate the method of attack used by these opponents."

"That is good. Even if we do not know the identity of this foe yet, we still have many other enemies to strike down.

This sounds like fun!

Warning - its best to not be fighting a war when you switch to the country to be attacked - your proxy leaders will do daft things like accept cheap peace offers, or march all your warriors back to the capital, or spend all your money building fleets you don't want!

Do the Ottomans next, that should throw the Vatican off your track!
:)

The Great Plains, 1459

The old Spirit Guide had passed on, and was now one with the spirits. However, his young apprentice had taken his place, but not without some doubts. Western Europe was in chaos, and would not rise to threaten the Navaho for some time. Perhaps now the Spirit Guide, and all future Spirit Guides, could rest and attend to simpler matters.

Perhaps not.

*Rome, private residence of Cardinal Giovanni*

"We have worked for ten years to reach this point." Cardinal Giovanni told the gathered priests. After much study, we have now discovered God's greatest weapon, and we will use it to strike down our most hated enemy, the Turks.

"Why the Turks?" One of the priests asked.

"Well, as you know, the Byzantines have accepted the authority of the pope. We must aid our Catholic brothers in the struggle against the infidel Turk. Aside from that, the Byzantines have threatened to revert to Orthodoxy if they do not receive aid from Catholic Europe. Thus, we will not only strike a blow against the foul Turk, but we will also keep Byzantium in the light of the Holy Catholic Church. Are you ready?"

"Yes Cardinal."

"Then begin."

The specially trained priests, who had spent the last ten years learning to use the power of God, now directed that power towards Bursa, capital of the Ottoman Empire. At first, the attack seemed to be going well, but then things took a sudden turn.

"It's too much!" One of the priests suddenly cried. "Such power, such raw power! I can't control it! NOOOOOOOOOO!"

The entire room disappeared in a sudden bright flash.

*One Week later, the Vatican*

"So you see, Your Holiness, the explosion at the residence of Cardinal Giovanni was likely the result of his research into this new power which God has shown us."

"I...see," Pope Pius II stated. "Was the test successful?"

"Yes, your Holiness. The Byzantines now control Thrace, Macedonia, Hellas, Morea, Bulgaria, Smyrna, and Rumelia. A significant setback for the Turk."

"Very well then. Continue to research this new power, but try to be more...subtle...in the future."

Good target idea, Weedy Diamond. Certainly interesting to have a powerful and Catholic Byzantium around.

Thought for the day: Imagine what the Borgias will do with this power!

Re: The Great Plains, 1459

Originally posted by Chengar Qordath
"The Byzantines now control Thrace, Macedonia, Hellas, Morea, Bulgaria, Smyrna, and Rumelia. A significant setback for the Turk."

Bwahahaha! I'd call that a severe setback, yes. :)

Clearly China is now the greatest threat left to both Europe and the Navaho.

Sorry

Midterms coming up:mad:

It will be a while before my merciless professors will give me any time to work on my AAR.

Still busy studying for midterms. To try and keep people a little interested, I'll share some of the many odd things that have happened in some of my games.

Ragusa once became a colonial nation.

Georgia gained independence from Bremen.

The Knights of Saint John were elected Holy Roman Emperor.

The Mameluks diploannexed the Golden Horde.

The midlands defected to Castille.

Tuscany gained independence from Eire.

The Papal States gained independence from the Knights of St. John.

The United States has gained independence from (in different games) Genoa, Granada, and the Cherokee.

Now I have to go back to studying, foul devil spawned college examinations...