• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(8830)

Colonel
Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
Just so you know, this is my first time playing this style. I always play at normal/normal, and
some might think this a cakewalk, but it is not. Honest. This is my absolute first time playing
Peter Ebbesen style, I normal do not resort to loans, bankruptcies, and other such things. I am
normally a cautious, careful player. To hell with that. :D

And so our story begins....

In the beginning there was a mad king. His name was: er, well, some history buff knows his
name. We will refer to him as “the mad king”. We will refer to all kings in this AAR as “the mad
king.” For they are all mad. All of them. Every single one. As am I. The coherence and sense
(what little there is) of my posts may deceive you, but I am mad to the core. A mad raving
maniac. Not only that, as you may have noticed, but I repeat myself, am repetitive, and over all
superfluous.

I am also, unbelievably, a newbie at this playing style. So some accidental bankruptcies,
turboannexations, and the like should be given leniency. If I do use some loophole/exploit/cheat,
I hope to notify you.

And, so, again, we try, I stress try, to start our story in Napoli, 1419-1432.

“Do or do not, there is no try.”

Hey, who are you!?

“I am Yoda, great Jedi Master, yes.”

Yoda!? Aren’t you supposed to be somewhere else!? Like, say, Star Wars!?

“What!? Done me wrong that driver of cabs has!”

*Yoda beats the driver over his head with his cane*

Well, you know, this is my thread, so you had better leave.

“Leave? Agree I do. Go to Coruscant I will, yes.”

Right, now that we have that business settled... Where were we? Oh, yes, that’s right.

So let’s look around dear old Naples. We see two provinces: Napoli and Apulia. Both are rich by
Europe’s standards, poor by Italy’s. It takes a decade before I realize peace is bloody boring, so I
look around. Aragon is too strong, so I look north. The Papal States. I wait till their alliance is
done, and I attack. I realize I’m not gonna win this by the usual, so I take out a loan. And another.
And another. And another, until, oops, bankruptcy!

But still, my mercenaries smash the Papal armies eventually, and we seize Romanga, Marche,
and take a few ducats from the Papal States. Yay! Slightly more than one decade, and I have
doubled my size, reduced the Papal States to a shadow, and was only reduced to “Slightly
Tarnished.”

Snow King,

Neat. World Conquest by the insane, through the eyes of the insane. :D

I'm looking forward to it.

Originally posted by HolisticGod
Snow King,

Neat. World Conquest by the insane, through the eyes of the insane. :D

I'm looking forward to it.

WC? I was hoping Italy and Africa. This is my first time playing evil aggresive. :D If I manage my first WC (yes, if I did it it'd be my first), with Naples, of all contries, I'll be very suprised. But Naples will conquer, I promise you that.

Good choice!

I played with Naples a VH/furious grand campaign. I enjoyed it very much, apart early years, when they suffered from isolated position and weak allies (Albania, only because Queen Giovanna II was daughter of one of the warlords of Albania)...

Good luck, I'll go on reading your AAR!

SK,

You mentioned Peter... Guess that got me all riled up. :D

Still, best of luck.

So I played to 1446. And not much happened, so I won’t tell you the boring stuff. So I’ll just tell
you we joined Genoa’s alliance, and annexed the Papal States. So now, a strange proposal has
drifted down. Maybe we should move the capital to Rome once the revolt risk goes down.
Maybe, I thought.

In the meantime, we are at war with Dulkadir, the Golden Horde, and Ak Koylunanananayn, or
something like that. Maybe we should attack them and seize Azov. Cool idea, I thought, but it’ll
have to wait until I play s’more.....

PS: I think I'm going to play until 1550 or when I unify the penninsula (excluding the isles, those those'd be a nice add on), whichever comes last.

Moving capital to Rome?

What's this? is it a new feature of EEP or something similar?

That would be a simple "cheat", involving me going into the save files and moving the capital ID from Naples to Rome. Rather simple. And, BTW, I don't have AGC, EEP, or any of those, just a EU2 heavily modified by myself.

I am bringing this to a close.

So anyway, Aragon attacked me repeatedly, and when I couldn't get a decent peace offer, I was thouroughly sick of this particular game. Why doesn't Paradox make a patch where it is actually easy to make a sensible peace. For one or two provinces you have to rage through half of their other provinces! In real life, Aragon would have given up sicily easily, it was far from their home land and mostly useless to them.

Sorry, I'm done ranting now. Goodbye, and if you like my sense of humor (however unlikely that is...), look for: War, Trade, and Peace 2: War War War!