• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(8830)

Colonel
Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
This is my next AAR, hopefully you can appreciate my humour or this'll be utterly dull and boring to you.

Type: a Fantasia mod, known as Fantaszia 3.
Driving Purpose: I was looking at Mr.T's thred wlak FAQ, and thought, how about a funny AAR based on an insane king who wants animals for his zoo?

Off we go!

Please note, this AAR may have some script making fun of various institutions. Please take it all in humour. Please.

Prelude

“ Sir, do you really think you are up to governing the Papal States and being Pope at the same
time?”

“What! Are you an idiot! The Papal States is headed by the Pope! It exists for the sole purpose of
the Pope!”

“I disagree, sire.”

“What! Well, I’ll have my Swiss guard throw you out, heretic! Guards!”

“They are rather tied up at the moment.”

“You little!”

It was rather interesting to see the eighty year old pope try to strangle him.

“Ahem, I think you’ll find the Italian countryside too settled for you. We’ll exile you to, oh, say,
Oahu.”

“But you don’t even know where that is!”

“Exactly. Explorers are so expensive nowadays. We send exiled people wearing funny hats doing
a funny wave.”

“But that’s discriminatory!”

“No more discriminatory than your ban on frogs, which was disguised as a ban on “small slimy
things that hop on lily pads, are amphibians, and lay gregarious quantities of small eggs in a jelly
like substance that progress into a fish-like tadpole into the mature stage.”

“That wasn’t precisely against frogs!”

“Neither is ours. It also fits the Caliph and King of England. Very useful law, I think.”

“You can’t do this!”

“Wanna bet?”

ScreenSave7.JPG

He turned to the another of the council.

“Now that the Pope is gone, we need more animals to adorn our zoos. I like them. They are fuzzy
(which may have been due to his eyesight)You are to find some men willing to adventure to find
new animals. Say, the Phoenix, the Wlak, the Unicorn, Griffin, and any others that may be of
interest.”

“Aye aye, cap-i-tain!”

“This is not a 17th century pirate ship. Pull yourself together!”

“17th Century! You don’t even know if this planet’ll survive to the 17th century!”

“Yes I do. Look at this.”

A musical appears: “Somewhere, over the rainbow-!”

“Wrong one!

Ah, see here, written account by alien time travelers that the world survives to 2003, Christian
Calender.”

“Alien time travelers?!”

“Haven’t you heard all those alien encounters stories from Tuscany?”

“What!?”

“That’s right.”

I like this one... Soo, I bet you won't be able to get a Polar Bear! Neither will you get a Panda!

Eochaid: Yes I will, and wlak or two as well :D.

RH: err, good. Is that a good thing? :D

(OOC: so many of my inquisitions failed that I think it is a bug in this scenario. I think I’m going
to edit out the Catholic religion in all provinces because even when one of mine succeeded, The
province remained Catholic. And a -30% tax is very irritating.)

“OK, so it has been 12 years since I told you’re your quest. And how have you succeeded?”

“Ummm.... errrrr....”

“Exactly! Not one animal. Not even a lion, and those are common in Southern Italy!”

The king looked remarkably like a two year old having a temper tantrum.

“Sire, I’ll get right on it!”

“You’d better!”

As he walked out, he saw the king fawning over a baby lion. The lion was not enjoying it. In fact,
the lion was trying to have the king for breakfast. He rushed back in.

“Oh, it’s OK,” said the king, who had blood streaming from multiple lacerations, “He’s just
cuddling.”

As the lion continued to eat away at the king’s face, he sighed. Even those aliens from Tuscany
in the zoo did nothing to placate the king. And for some reason, some people still worshiped the
Pope in Oahu. It was rumored the Pope had taken up a local custom, surfing, whereby one was to
stay upright on a board while, ‘riding the waves’.

(OOC: feel free to give criticsm.)

The advisor stood and waved goodbye to the Ottoman Sultan, bound for the island of St. Helena.

“It kept in Napoleon, so it should be able to hold him.”

“Who’s Napoleon?”

“Napoleon Bonaparte, famous guy from France.”

“France?”

“Translated into archaic Latin, of the kind we use, Gaul.”

“So he’s from Catalonia?”

“No. Don’t you get it? This world is a fantasy world, not a real one.”

This was lost on the king, who went back to stroking his lion, who in turn went back to eating the
king.

Have you ever been stuck in a world that you know never happened, have no way of getting out
of, and being stuck with a king who seems to love deadly animals? The advisor had, and was not
happy about this singular distinction.

“So, anyway,” said the king, playfully trying to wrestle the lion of his last remaining leg, “where
are the animals you have brought back from this expedition?”

The advisor had been dreading this question.

“Um....” in truth, they hadn’t got any animals back.

“So,” the king said, turning red, partly from the blood on his leg, “So. No animals!? Look at the
zoo! Can’t you see how many animals are lonely and in cages by themselves!? I want animals!”
he said, now turning purple.

“Calm down. We have destroyed some heathens, are poised to strike into Africa, and are
generally doing well. We’ll get some animals.”

“You’d better.”

The king’s face gradually went down the spectrum, finally turning to its normal color (which was
no better, being a blood-red).

Having convinced the king, he walked down the halls-and wrinkled his nose in disgust.
Apparently the king was so taken with his animals, he couldn’t resist bringing some of them
inside. Sitting down heavily, the advisor drummed his fingers on the desk-and quickly withdrew
them away from one of the more favored shrews, who was sitting there, nibbling his forms.

Aware that killing an animal was a crime punishable by death, he peeled off the top form (with
the shrew sitting on top of it) and set it down, whereupon the shrew started chewing on the floor.

You couldn’t ever win.

To get the protestant conversion you have to enable Luther. cheat 'event 2' ought to do it. Prior to Luther provinces can't turn protestant.

edit: it's 'event 1' isn't it. Event 2 is Calvin.

Last edited:
Careful with the Wlak. Rictus and Sgt. B. may ask for royalties. :) Good work, so far.