• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An AARcoholic AAR? :D

I like those goals of yours. Sort of reminds that I should probably go searching for those tobacco provinces with Oman again. :)

English isn't my mother tongue either. More of perhaps a sister tongue, or an aunt's tongue at worst. You're doing just fine, as far as I can see.

Constantly drunk kings and Pagan religion? :eek: You certainly know how to create a challenge, Echoaid! :)

Good luck!

Count of Provence

I wannja *burp*. I wannajana. I wanna bje.
Fu-Hick!
I wanja be Count of *Proooo*.
'Scuse Me.
I pledgedge allegiance to ze new regilion, gerilion, rel*Hick*gion,
if I wanna be Count of Provence.

Ad sais *Hick*,
I muin,
I mon,
I mean,
I said it !

Cat

OOC PS: I am also French, even from my Londoner exile :D

"- We knight thee Sir Wyvern.

*People cheering in the background*

- Sir Wyvern, You shall be granted new estates in Gascogne and will therefore receive the hereditary title of Count of Gascogne."

Please stand up so everybody can see you! Here is your bottle of wine, symbol of your new rank."

:D

Last edited:
Steadying himself, Norgesvenn cleared his throat.
“Ahem… I’m honoured, very honoured and humbly accept these awfully nice titles be…bestowed upon me by your majesty. Jolly good show, old chap!”
Norgesvenn grabs firmly around a post, smiles sheepishly, and takes a swig off the bottle. *hick*

“Regarding my policy on tobacco, we have considered making smoking compulsory. However, I would also like to see all tobacco provinces conquered, annexed, rolled up and lit. Take all coffee provinces as well, so that we can stay awake all night smoking and never pass out from the bevies…”

Norgesvenn burped.

“Man, what kind of wines is this? So bubbly…”

Very, very deep in the king's darkest, dankest dungeon there is a man. His clothes are soiled, his skin black with the years and years of constant exposure to soot and ash. His soft calf-skin boots have long ago moulded away to nothingness and he now *pat* *pat* *pats* around the cold stone floors on calloused and slightly-too hairy feet. His back is arched, as much due to age as to the constant need to bend at the waist to avoid bashing his head on the low ceiling.

His name, if he ever had one, has long since been forgotten. By the mad king, by the dukes, the counts, the barons, and, indeed, even by his mother. And so they call him by the only appellation to which he responds...Monsieur T.

There no redeeming features to this poor discarded offal of life, save one: Monsieur T is known to make the one special brew that the king loves above and beyond all other things. It was for that expressed purpose that he had been knighted by the king himself. As he trundled about his chores of preparing a new batch of his special brew, T thought back that wonderful day….

“We knight thee Sir…err…umm…T,” the king had said – obviously stammering with the joy of the occasion.”

*People jeered in the background, commenting on English breakfast drinks*

“Sir…ummm…T…ahhh, You shall be granted new estates in…that is to say you shall be granted a new room in the du…no…wait…I’ve got it…I’ll have someone sweep the dungeon once a week for you, and you will therefore receive the hereditary title of…of…err…master T….MrT for short!" the king concluded with triumphal (if not maniacal) glee.

“Please stand up so everybody can see you! Here is your bottle of wine, symbol of your new rank."

T wiped a tear from his eye, and squeezed another few rats into the vat…

Re: THE REIGN OF CHARLES VI "THE MAD"

Originally posted by Eochaid
- I'm sorry sir but he died a hero's death yesterday.

- Defending wine supplies against the ennemy?

- No,cirrhosis.
LOL! What a great way to go! :D

We knight thee Sir Passeportout.

- Sir Passeportout, You shall be granted new estates in this general vicinity and will therefore receive the hereditary title of Duke of whatever happens to be available.

Please stand up so everybody can see you! Here is your bottle of wine, symbol of your new rank."

Nice idea.
[edit: yours, not mine]

"- We knight thee Sir Stroph1.

- Sir Wyvern, You shall be granted new estates in Nivernais and will therefore receive the hereditary title of Count of Nivernais."

I know I had a bit much to drink (hickup), but won't two Sher Wyverns confuse ush even more?

:D

Nice settings, reminds me about how I was going to play Lenape with Catholic religion and german (only) culture.

I'll have you know that my .sig once read 'Inter bibendum large fumandum' which should mean 'Drinking demands much smoking'

About the game, if you really get mad (or unlucky and press the wrong button) you'll get protestant or some other strange religion from an event, so if you are of that mind you could enfrench europe. (It is entirely possible that some events will force you to readapt christianity, but I guess you just have to make the next king drunk enough to retake the faith of his father)

And I think that distilled spirits have far more important uses than the making of gunpowder, so I demand that we abolish all research in gunpowder weapons and instill all our research for distilleries.

Oh yes, and of course I could help in overseeing this if I just had a nice title and a stipend or some lands.

*Huge foolish grin*
*Holds celebratory bottle of distilled grain alcohol ready for use*

ooc

Eochaid,
pour fermer les tags en général, et faire de l'italique en particulier, il faut utiliser [/I] pas .

Tu peux utiliser le bouton "edit" en bas de chacun de tes précédents posts pour modifier ceux qui ont ce probleme. Aussi, tu devrais mettre un lien a ton AAR dans ta signature et dans ton annonce au bAAR (si tu veux je te Private Mail, pour te montrer comment; une autre fonction du forum)

Pardon pour l'intervention en francais, j'aurais du t'envoyer ca en PM, mais je suis pas sur que tu saches utiliser la fonction :eek:. Si tu préfere on peut aller discuter de tout ca en Francais sur le forum Franco.

Mais comme ca les autres comprendront pas :D

J'espere que tu vas mettre des screenies dans ton AAR, c'est toujours plus mieux pour les lecteurs :cool:

Sorry, guys, a little French interruption...

Cat