• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 1, 2001
Visit site
Here's a brief AAR

1 Jan 1419 Use CB to DOW Oldenburg. War is quickly over and they are annexed. Piss poor economy but not to worry, they are where they belong

During the war, I'm invited to a North German alliance with Mecklemburg and friends. OK, I say

Also during the war, the Nordic Alliance declares war on one of my allies. Once I finish with Oldenburg, it's time to combine the armies and see what we can do. A quick look to the north reveals some large Danish and Swedish armies armies so I take a round trip through Bremen. After the Swedish siege of Mecklemberg is weakened by repeated attacks, I fall on them from Holstein and rout them. Now to move north for Denmark. While their armies are busy elsewhere I capture Jutland and receive 200D for peace. This is too easy:D

The rest of the war then goes the way of Denmark and allies with Mecklemberg falling to Sweden (annexed), Bremen to Denmark (annexed) and Holstein to Norway (annexed). My limited CB on all three is overshadowed by the truce from the war so there's little I can do. Pommern and Magdeburg remain in the war but little happens.

Plucky little Pommern captures Holstein from Norway but are treacherously stabbed in the back when Brandeburg (Saxony) takes a bite. Unfortunately they had not counted on the mighty Hanoverian armies who capture Anhalt and then take a round about rout to besiege Brandenburg while around 60000 Brandenburgers, Saxons and Danes are in Magdeburg. A small force is sent to Saxony but attracts the attention of the Saxons in Magdeburg and are forced to retreat to Anhalt.

Brandenburg captures Magdeburg and annexes my ally. Another useless CB :rolleyes: . Still, not to worry as their starving army are routed and I besiege Magdeburg. To keep the Saxons out of the fray I offer them peace for 100D. They hand over one measly ducat.:mad:

Not long later, the Brandenburg army is defeated and all territories are occupied. The price for their treachery is to release Magdeburg to their former allies, Hanover, acceptance of vassal status and a further 100D :D.

That's about where it started to go wrong.

Denmark (Norway, Sweden) declare war and my only remaining ally is now Pommern. To make matter worse, no sooner do I leave Magdeburg than rebels, obviously not realising that they have been freed from Brandenburg rule, rise up in the province. Even though I crush all the Swedish forces in the area on the way to besiege Mecklemberg, Denmarks forces march in Oldenburg and Hanover. Without and free provinces, I attempt to relieve Magdeburg from rebels but am soundly thrashed. Magdeburg falls but the rebels are unable to defeat the danes who have quickly captured Oldenburg. My siege in Mecklemberg is progressing very slowly when news arrives that rebels have taken over.

Now, I will admit that it might have been more fortunate since the war is now over and Denmark take Oldenburg rather than a complete annexation. But how exactly did this happen?

Ah, but the lesson to be learned is never to mess with Nordic people... particularly not Norwegians! :D

Lionheart, please continue! I want to see some able leadership of a German minor. :)

Love your sig, Sgt. Bloomfield.... I read some articles there... cried, laughed... etc. And I think I'm wierd...

Still, Lionheart keep us posted.

Originally posted by Norgesvenn
Love your sig, Sgt. Bloomfield.... I read some articles there... cried, laughed... etc. And I think I'm wierd...

Still, Lionheart keep us posted.
Thanks, Norgesvenn. Did you catch the one about the Chemo-Trails? Scary. And it's all true, of course.

What's the time frame for all this happening? If it was in the first few years you might have been the badboy of the area. You also definitely had bad luck with rebels.:( When playing a minor I 'm really careful in the first 5-10 years and try not to take more than two provinces. But I play on the very hard/agressive game settings. Not sure what you mean by

"My siege in Mecklemberg is progressing very slowly when news arrives that rebels have taken over."

Taken over what?

Joe