• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(6603)

Historian in Training
Nov 30, 2001
Visit site
For His Majesty of England King Henry V
Dated January 1, 1419

With war on the continent present, you gave me the honor of preparing a new economic plan for the 15th century. I believe that this proposed plan will bring great wealth- and thus great power- to our nation. I propose we submit 50% of our funding to military land research, so that our armies may remain the pride of the world. I further suggest that we cut the amount of coinage produced to only 10%, to limit inflation. 25% shall be set aside for infrastructure, so that we may support the long-term needs of our empire. The remaining 15% shall be devoted to trade. While this amount seems low, I feel that if we gain enough wealth, it will more than compensate for our low trading efficiency. We will give no money to naval research until we have gained a large foothold in France, for there is really no need.

Along with this, I suggest we more our nation towards a more "land oriented" military. {DP +1 LAND}

Your most humble servent,

Lord William Hampshire
Secretary of the Treasury

Yes, I know that there are a number of different English AARs going around right now... but we all have different playing styles, as well as different writing styles. I am not really sure where I play to go with this game, so stay tuned.

As far as the AAR, guest appearences are welcome, if you wish :)

I agree. There's so much to do with England that the possibilities are almost endless.

If you'd like me to do an occasional guest post, I'd be happy to oblige. Perhaps a couple from the French perspective during your first war or two, since I'm intimately familiar with them right now.:D Just say the word.

Lookig forward to seeing what tactics you decide to employ against the rest of Europe.

To His Majesty of England King Henry V
Dated October 18, 1419

It gives me great please to inform you that our forces have won a great battle outside the French city of Reims. My army defeated close to 25,000 Frenchmen, only suffering minor casualties. Our 18,000 remain strong, and have begun the seige of the city.

I was please to hear of your recent captures of Maine and Orleans. When combined with my own army marching through the streets of Paris, I feel confident that England is on the verge a great victory. With Clarence besieging Vendee, Beauchamp in Picardie, myself in Champaigne, and Your Majesty in Berri, victory appears imminent.

I see that at least the Scots have come to their senses. You were wise to accept their petty offer of white peace, for they are a foe who can be dealt with later.

For God, and King Henry.

Your Most Obedient Servent,

Bedford

Last edited:
To His Majesty of England King Henry VI
Dated August 3rd, 1422

It grieves me deeply to hear of King Henry's death. I am saddened that he could not live to see the manifestation of our war effort, which should come soon. France, Bourbonais, and Auvenge have no provinces under their control. All that is left is for the fall of this city, Marseille. This war has been a rousing success, but I fear the cost of losing your father is great.

You are but 9 years old, and I feel that you have a long reign of greatness ahead of you. You have the deepest sympathies of myself and my family on this most solemn day.

For God, and King Henry,

Your solemn sevant,

Bedford

Oh happy day! The Conference of Madrid is working out every bit as well as we had hoped! Our victory is total, and our gains are substantial. Auvengue has seceded us Cevennes, and paid a sum of 98 gold. We recieved 138 gold from Bourbonais, as well as the province of Limousine. Province seceded us Maine and 170 gold. The lands of Orleanis were incorperated into the empire, and France was crippled by having to secede a full two-thirds of its land to us. We gained Picardie, Vendee, Guyenne, Languedoc, Dauphine, and Lyonais.

Our treasury now stands at 591 gold pieces.

I would advise his Majesty to concentrate on the infrastructure of our nation, for any more territorial gains may be scorned by the rest of the world. Our reputation is now "very bad", and I fear the international outcry that would follow any more aggressive conquests.

Your most Humble Sevant,

Lord Cambridge
His Majesty's Foreign Emissary

OOC: I am playing on Very Hard/ Normal... so I want no part of a "dishonorable scum" reputation!

Last edited:
Dated October 1437

I am quite honored to inform his majesty that our diplomatic efforts with France and Scotland have been successful, and they have joined our alliance with Burgundy. The fourteen years of peace and infrastructure improvement have promoted goodwill for us throughout the continent.

The French were most impressed at our tax collection system, as each of our provinces has a tax collector. They were also impressed with the lovely Arts Center in London.

I believe that with our diplomatic situation now stabalized, we can begin to look at expansion again.

His Majesty's Servant,

Lord Cambridge

To His Majesty of England Henry VI
Dated November 1441

In Response to Charles I of Bourbonais' annexation of Auvengue:

I have carried out His Majesty's explicit orders to take advanvantage of the international out cry for justice. Our forces made short work of the two small Bourbon armies, and laid siege to the provinces of Berri and Auvengue.

His Majesty will be most pleased to learn of both provinces recent fall to our forces. I trust that when His Majesty meets with the exiled King of Boubonais, he will take appropriate action in response to Charles' unethical aggression. It is truly the duty of His English Majesty to protect all of those who cannot protect themselves, and as such I humbly suggest that the province of Auvengue be taken into the realms of the English Empire, for protection reasons of course.

Humbly Submitted,

Lord Warwick
His Majesty's Commander of English Forces in France

Go figure... I actually start making daily posts to an AAR, and no one responds :(

more to come though... I am determined to finish one... though I will be starting my next project in the meantime.

Hey! You can't stop now!:(
You evil, evil man...

I really liked this one; short, but informative!:)