• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(58733)

Private
Jul 6, 2006
Erm... hello. I'm Back-Picker, this is my first AAR, abut Denmark. Very Easy-Coward. Yes, you heard me.

(No screenies this time. Sorry.)

Encyclopedia AAR: Denmark

Part 1: 1419-1429

Denmark was in the 15th century the leader of a Scandinavian “Kalmar Union” under Erik VII of Pommern, consisting of not only the Danish but also Sweden and Norway. It had a short interruption caused by the Sweden-Novgorod war, but was soon reformed. In 1420, the Union was intact once more after an agreement that Denmark and Norway did notneed to join the Novgorod conflict.

In May 1420 king Erik wanted the german lands of Holstein added to his realm and declared war. Sweden and Norway supported, but only assisted in battles versus Holstein’s ally Pommern. (The Hanseatic had dissolved earler in two parts) The Danish Army, ironically led by Colonel Holstein, captured Hamburg in November. In December, not only was Holstein added to the Danish realm, but Novgorod ended the Swedish war by handling over the Kola Peninsula. The Danish tried to ease their bad reputation by appointing vassal “kings”, puppets, in first Gotland in January 1421 and in August 1423 Skåne.

In July 1424 the war with Pommern, the Holsteinian ally, was ended and war was now declared on the (ex-)Hanseatic lands of Mecklenburg. It was seized in March 1425 and the king was forced to become a vassal to the King of Denmark in April.

In September 1427 a Holsteinian lord rebelled but was soon put down. Two years later, he tried again, only to be executed in October.

Otherwise nothing more interesting happened. (Brandenburg’s down to capital, but I gess that’s not very unusual)

Eh, yes. Have a nice day.

Welcome to AAR writing. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Denmark is always fun to play and so far, so good. A slower start, but sometimes it is better to see how things will shake out in Northern Germany. Good luck on this one.

Slow but steady wins the race ;)

And always good to see a new writ-AAR. Welcome to the club! :D

That's too bad, but luckily we weren't too far along so it should be fairly simple to get back up to speed. Good luck.

A shame, but no problem with going at it again.