• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(48557)

Captain
Sep 13, 2005
October 10, 1778

A crisp autumn breeze swept through the park. The dying trees shuddered as the last of their greenery fluttered to the scarred land below. Dense fog blanketed the city, and anyone outside was penetrated by an icy stillness. It was the one of the coldest fall days in recorded history. This seemed mercilessly fitting to the assembled locals.

The man who stood on the platform above them could be identified as an outsider simply by glancing at him. His demeanor was one of deep satisfaction, that smugness that only a victor possesses. This man was British. Finally, he broke the silence.

“In the name of His Majesty King George III, these men are found guilty of multiple counts of murder, destruction of property of the East India Trading Company, and high treason against the Crown. They are hereby sentenced to death.”

Despite their outrage, the stunned masses kept their peace. They all knew the retribution for any more disorder would be swift and deadly. The burned out remains of their once beautiful city served as a constant reminder of that.

The Briton casually nodded to the executioner. The trap doors swung open and a sickening crack rang out across Boston Common.

The lifeless bodies of Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, and John Adams swung in the breeze.

Ooooo...

So will the British be even more overpowered? :eek:

That can't be good. Without the US's example though, will Latin America assert it's independence.

Now that is a portentous beginning. So the Revolution failed did it? Lots of interesting ramifications there.

GeneralHannibal said:
That can't be good. Without the US's example though, will Latin America assert it's independence.
Trust me without the USA, Latin America would still try to be independent.

Assuming there is still a French revolution. A failed American revolution will truely smash the dreams of Latin America, but a French revolution can inspire. You truely need the Napoleonic wars for Latin American freedom, though. Only severed contact will bring independence.

Interesting start! :)

But didn't the Latin country's seperate from Spain, because of the New Liberal Tendecies in Spain, while the Latin Country's were staunch Conservatives?

That was Mexico. They revolted because the conservative elite were upset over Spain accepting the liberal 1812 constitution. The rest of Latin America was influenced by the enlightenment and French/American revolutions, and were quite eager to be freed from the chains of Spanish oppression. Of course, these revolutions were led by the Mixed bloods and those of European decent born in the Americas. The elite ARE conservative, of course; but they aren't as attached to Spain as Mexico was.

Last edited:
Drake Rlugia said:
That was Mexico. They revolted because the conservative elite were upset over Spain accepting the liberal 1812 constitution. The rest of Latin America was influenced by the enlightenment and French/American revolutions, and were quite eager to be freed from the chains of Spanish oppression. Of course, these revolutions were led by the Mixed bloods and those of European decent born in the Americas. The elite ARE conservative, of course; but they aren't as attached to Spain as Mexico was.
Yes in Mexico the revolution did start like, thought at the end it was influenced by people with more Liberal beliefs.

anonymous4401: I'm afraid so, though the colonials have still developed into a separate Yankee culture. The Americans will no doubt still be a pain in the arse for the King. :)

stnylan: The world is certainly in a very different place, and I wonder what this will do to Japan with no Perry... ;)

Bismarck1: Aside from the revolution and its effects in the colonies the course of history has not been altered. The French Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars still happened, albeit with the British seizing a large chunk of French holdings in the Mississippi area.

hasskugel: Why thank you. :D Though I'm a weak vicky player to begin with and I feel like I've just created a British monster. :(

GeneralHannibal, Anarhco Liberal, Drake Rlugia, Iron_Skull: I see you guys already picked up on my train of thought! :eek:

I will be playing as a Spain (Ricky 1.0) that still possesses its American empire. The devastastion inflicted on the North Americans served as a dire warning to the growing separatist movements, but the sentiments are by no means quelled.

Spain is a backwards nation in a a period of intense decay. The empire is barely held together while corruption and violence run rampant. The recent Brazilian independence has set off a firestorm in the colonies and Great Britain stares hungrily down from her perch in the industrialized north....

My goals are, 1) HOLD THE EMPIRE TOGETHER, 2) Knock Vicky down a peg, and of course, 3) Spread the glory of the one true God and our King.

Screenshots to follow and I think the first current entry will come tomorrow!

Last edited:
screensave0jh9.jpg

Spanish North American holdings as well as British North America. The French were whittled down to the immediate coastal areas of their territory in the wake of the Napoleonic Wars. Spain and Britain have competing claims in Oklahoma and Colorado.

screensave1su5.jpg

Spain controls all of South America except the independent Brazil and the foreign Guyanas. We honored the Brazilian borders established by the Treaty of Madrid, but the King may go calling on them for their rich rubber provinces down the road...

Tomorrow the adventure will begin. :)

IIRC, the British Empire in India came to being as a result of loosing it's grip in America. Will that be portrayed here?:)

Yikes! Poor Adams. He did so much for so little in RL. And now to be hanged in a story? Oh, the humanity!

Mmm, keeping the handle on all that could get intersting.