• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Joohoo

The sympathique bureaucrat
95 Badges
Nov 8, 2001
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
Captain Joohoo ruins the world​

I am bored and I thought, I should do an AAR that don't take too much time(a week at most) and that is fun but still doomed from start. As I know, Wolfhound has an AAR named Doomed from the StAARt so that is not a choice of name.

The point of the AAR is that I will build up a country a bit, then I will dow my neighbours and what is close to my neighbours, no allies for me.
To be able to dow each nation I will use the cheat oranje to raise my stability. After that is done, I will not use oranje anymore.

I will play as China from 1492, build up my country, wait for the events and then start the BIG WAR. This AAR is not supposed to succeed. Just have fun but get some anxiety and furious thoughts too. :D

House-rules. I will never peace each nation sep. when the big war starts.

I will use vanilla EU2. 1.09 patch.
Settings:
normal
normal

Prelude​

From nowhere, Joohoo was transferred from his safe desk to the throne of China in the 15th century. His call was to make China the strongest power in the world before it would crash down to the bottom of the unknown.

Fun is good. Looking forward to it.

The interlude - 1​

1492 - 1522

China was as any other country in Asia but with the more people, more provinces, more manpower, more riches. So after all, not much is common for the other Asians. China has great potentials.

To start I dowed Manchu and at the same time build tax collectors to raise my income.

china1492gr4.jpg

This is what I started with.

manchuwarkq6.jpg

Soon I dowed Manchu.

I immediatly bought a Fine Arts Academy for the money and moved my troops to the Manchu border. Winter was awful so I didn't conquer all of Manchu, instead only asked for 3 provinces. More to be taken next time with LT 5!
Manchu troops was not much to celebrate for their skills so it was not that much of a problem. But losing men to attrition because of winter hurt as always.

So, now I moved south to Assam and Myanmar, which was in war against each other. I dowed them both to steal their sieges and they were soon divided. Tibet was wp:ed.

dpslidersgi4.jpg

My DP slider policy after first click. Arrows show which clicks I did after first round. Defensive just to spice up the game.

When I was done in south, I went upwards to dow Korea, I wanted them out of the game and to do that, I will take south Korea to make it easier to annex them. ;)

The mainland was easy takings, when I was done, I saw Korea had taken the north island of Japan!
So I had to build a navy to sail there. When I finally arrived. I landed with a small force. Only to be beaten and Japan and Manchu dows them and Japan retake the island... -.-
Japan soon take it totally and I could annex the south province of Korea.

Now I had LT 5 and I could assault fortresses if I had to, which would be useful in the north Manchu provinces. I invades Manchu and start fighting there small armies of 20-30k and I got 40-50k to lose.. Argh, re-invade, just kill them!!!
Soon the armies of Manchu are scattered BUT Japan now invades me and I must say, they had some good soldiers. Their 1k cavalry army beat my 50k army of pure infantry, oh the dishonour. As I don't had built fortresses in middle of China there was none to protect the cities. Japan could take 3 of them, and sieging Shanghai. I built cavalry to beat the damn small armies they spread out over my country and soon they are all dead and then I kill the besiegers of Shanghai.

Manchu agrees to cede all except their capitol and I wp Japan. I will take them later.

Not late. I dow Vietnam and takes 4 provinces from them, as taking candy from children.

china1522xm9.jpg
This is how China looks 1522.

This was a good start for China!

fraese said:
No colonists? That Taiwan looks mighty tempting...
I don't get settlers...yet. well I will click on a -1 merc now because I forgot to click on the sliders. After some years I remembered it. I will make myself a click by edit. I made 3 clicks, played 30 years so I should have got 4 clicks, which is ok soon because of the edit.

Good initial expansion.

China rules, looking forward to the 1600s.;):p

Joohoo writing an AAr? This must be new! I cant miss this! :)

Teach these buggers what you can do. Nice start. :cool:

Nikolai: hehe then hell will start lose!

EGO: I have written some "nice" AARs in thr past. :cool: Mostly failed once. This is my revenge. :)

Update is ongoing, tonight or tomorrow morning Swedish time.

So, with such a start how do you get Doomed from the Start?

Singleton Mosby said:
So, with such a start how do you get Doomed from the Start?
This is just the start, hehe, I will build up my country then give all nations map to me, then I will declare war on everyone at the same time hthe revolts start. :D