• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(53862)

Captain
Feb 11, 2006
Ahem,this is my first try at making an EUII AAR.I just started a new game as the Byzantines a few weeks ago,so I decided to write this.I've got the AGCEEP Fantasy Events on here.By the way,this won't have any characters,description of terrain,etc.I hope you readers don't mind that.I don't know how to take screenshots,or how to upload them,so I hope no-one minds not seeing any.I'll try to write the descriptions of what I'm doing as best as I can.

So,here I go:

I first start off as a vassal of the Ottomans.I spend some of my money making a few all-cavalry armies and toughening up my fleet before I declare war on the Ghazi.However,I wait it out to 1425,so I could get Trebizond and Athens into my Alliance,and to get some extra cash.Er,ducats.

So,in May 15,1425,I declare war on the Ghazi.The Ottomans pay no attention whatsover to this,'cos they're just too busy fighting a war against the Hungarians(which they're losing).The Karamans ignore the Ghazi's request for help and just sit there.My allies--Athens,Morea,and Trebizond--honor the alliance,and Athens heads for Antalya.Morea has made an impressive fleet to transport their one army.

I was the first to Smyrna,and I besieged it.The Trebizonds,however,get caught up in a war against those guys in Sivas(I can't remember their name),but they didn't ask for my help.Soon,the Trebizonds win that war,annex the Sivasites(I'll call them that),but I already got Smyrna after an actually-brief siege,and help the Moreans out in their siege of Antalya.

Soon,Antalya falls,and in the peace I made Ghazi my vassal and took Smyrna from 'em.Trebizond's "reward" (they didn't really do anything in my war) was Sivas,and I sent Morea a Letter of Introduction to thank them.Meanwhile,it's time to punch Karaman...

In 1434,after I rebuilt my forces,I refused to become a Catholic at the Council of Florence thing.I declared war on Karaman,and I immediately besieged Konya while Trebizond struck at Taurus.Morea,however,dishonored the alliance,while Athens tried to beat me to Konya(but failed).I made a mental note to annex Morea later.

I soon won the siege and captured Konya,while Athens and Trebizond were busy besieging Taurus.I stole the siege,they helped me,and after a pretty long siege,Taurus falls.I make Karaman my vassal and grab Konya for myself,sending Letters of Introductions to Athens and Trebizond for their "help".But then,Ghazi declares war on me,thinking the war vs. Karaman had weakened me.Yeah,right.I swept into Antalya(didn't ask no-one for help),captured it,and annexed the Ghazi.Take that,traitors! :cool:

The next few years,up to 1445,were pretty peaceful.I vassalized Athens in 1435,and diplo-annexed them in Sep 23,1445.But then,my former master,the OE,declared war on me...the 1st OE War,comin' up next.

How did you get Athens and Trebizond into your alliance? They are pretty much allied up with Georgians and Venetians respectively AFAIK...

Nice start. Good luck with the war against OE. It can be tough often it comes down to luck.

To takes pics press f11 in game. You won't see any confirmation of having taken one in game but have a look in the AGCEEP folder and you'll find them. You can't take pics while an event message is on screen BTW. To upload pics use a site like imageshack or photobucket. Then put the link in the post where you want it.

Georgia got into a war with the OE(and Athens dishonored the alliance),while Venice got into a war with Hungary and Trebizond dishonored the alliance there.And Mettermrck,thanks.I wish myself good luck,'cos the OE's so large and it's got tons of armies--thankfully,Georgia is putting up a decent resistance and the Ottomans have a long siege ahead of 'em at Sochi.Every OE attempt into the Georgian capital has been repelled(miraculously).

So now,it's Nov 18,1445.I sent an army into Macedonia and Rumelia,while Smyrna and Antalya's holding out well enough fo now.However,Konya has been besieged.The Trebizonds are attacking Angora,so I'm calmly letting them handle that siege.I'm focusing on the Ottoman balkans for now.

In May 12,1446,Macedonia falls.I send the army that had captured it into Kosovo,but since they don't seem like they're gonna have much success,I send my Hellas Army(2000/2000/0)to help them.Meanwhile,I also lay siege to Dobrudja.

But then,just as Kosovo falls in December 3,1446,the Karamans declare war on me.They laid siege to Antalya before I used a big army to annihalte their meagre force there,besiege Taurus,capture it and annex 'em.Rumelia also soon fell after that,and I laid siege to Anatolia as soon as 1447 starts.The Trebizonds capture Angora in March 12,but I owe most of this success to Georgia.They've annihalted quite a few Ottoman armies and navies,and broke the Siege of Sochi with a huge force.

But now,the OE makes peace with Georgia by paying them 200 ducats.Now I guess me and Treb'll have to face the full might of the OE... :(

gorjak said:
No,I've hit F11 at least 20 times in the past five minutes and I get absolutley nothing :( .And the OE are making weirder moves every second (i.e trying to take Smyrna when I had 3 big armies there),so you're probably right about the losing impetus thing.
Did you check in the AGCEEP folder? Thats where the screenshots go to.

The OE makes peace with the Trebizonds by offering them Kastamoa (captured by the Trebs in August 15,1446),Angora and 12 ducats.The Trebs accept--besides,the OE had an army in a ship ready to punch the undefended capital of the Trebs,anyway.However,I soon finish the siege of Anatolia.

I demanded Rumelia,Bulgaria (I captured it in Sep 18,siege started at April 12) and Macedonia,as well as 20 ducats.The OE accepts,and I pull my forces outta Anatolia and into Konya and Adana.I waited out until 1453,only having a little war with ally-less Morea and force-annexing 'em,when the Byz Renaissance thing happened to me.Finally,I've been waiting for that! :)

At Sep 18,1473,I had an event I made up called Conflicts over Religion.I had 3 options:A,I could accept the Turkish population,lowering their revolt risks and raising their taxes;B,I could force them to become Orthodox,which depopulates Adana,Konya and Taurus,sharply raises the revolt risks in these places and also lowerstheir taxes,but makes them Orthodox;or C,I won't make 'em Orthodox,but gaining 3 Missionaries and slightly raising the revolt risk in Adana,Konya and Taurus.I chose B,since I can easily crush the puny Rebels with ease.

In 1474,I vassalize Trebizond and pull Wallachia into my alliance.

OOC:Yep,I checked the folder.Nothin' there.

Last edited:
Yeah,I know.But anyway,right now,I'll list who owns what from my map of Anatolia,the Balkans and the lands surrounding Anatolia:

-Byzantium(me):Thrace,Rumelia,Bulgaria,Macedonia,Hellas,Morea,Smyrna,Konya,Adana and Taurus

-Trebizond:Trabzon(or Trapzon,I mistake its spelling all the time),Sivas,Kastamoa and Angora

-Georgia:Georgia,Sochi,Azov and Kerch(how they got the last two,I have no idea,I didn't pay much attention to them after the peace)

-Mameluks:Judea,Samaria,Sinai,Egypt,and Alexandria

-Hungary:pest,Magyar,Carpathia,Croatia,Serbia,Bosnia,Istria and Ruthenia

-Venice:Veneto,Dalmatia and Ragusa

-Wallachia:Wallachia and Bujak

-Moldovia:Moldovia

-Austria:Austria,Ostmarch and Tyrol

In 1478,I declared war on the one-province OE.I didn't want,or need for that matter,anyone's help.I quickly thrashed the poor army in feeble Anatolia,capture it by December 14,and annex the Ottomans.Ah,so much power...it's too bad Venice suddenly declared war on me when I had chosen Option B,Introduce Imperial Minting,in another made up events.My choice sharply pulled up Minting,raised Aristocracy,lowered Mercantilism + Innovativeness and opened up a CoT in Thrace.

Venice's allies,the Papal States and Cyprus,honor the alliance.I sent a large army to besiege Dalmatia,while my forces in Hellas and Morea would attack Ionia and Corfu,respectively.Meanwhile,I struggled to build up a decent navy(I've been neglecting that for a bit...)when Cyprus suddenly struck at Antalya!I annihalated the puny army there,but the Papal Sttes was a tougher nut to crack.I couldn't even reach Italy! :(

Meanwhile,Dalmatia had fallen.I attacked Ragusa with a small arm,sending my bigger one to besiege Istria,but the PS dropped a huge force in Ragusa via a fleet.My army got butchered.However,Corfu and Ionia soon fell,and I hope that at least one of my fleets can make it safely to Crete...

You are off to a nice start. I don't know why you can't print the screen. You might want to post your question in the main EU forum and let the experts help you.

Be careful with you BadBoy rating as you expand...

:)

Hm,I think I'll ask a bit later.I'm just gonna finish one last chapter.And Bohemia became the Hussites,while England won the 100 Years' War,Burgundy expanded into the Low Countries and France does exist(yeah,in Ile de France and Caux only).Muscovy became Russia,thrashed Kazan and raped Sweden.Ryazan set up colonies in Timor and Palembang(?),and China annexed Korea and raped Japan.

Meanwhile,Castile was annexed by England,sealing Aragon's hopes of turning into Spain.The Austrians annexed Bavaria,Wurtemburg,The Palatinat and Thuringen,but got engaged in BB Wars vs. Brandenburg,Teutonic Order,Poland and Hesse,with its only allies being Hungary and Styria.

I had Crete captured after a short siege.Phew,I expected a hundred enetian fleets to stop me.Anyway,I attack Cyprus,and capture the island.I forced Cyprus to hand over Crete and also force-vassalized 'em.Meanwhile,Istria falls,and Venice is next.I ripped Romagna off the PS,but they just handed it over to me in their peace treaty,which I gladly accepted.

Venice soon stops the fighting,surrenders,and offers Ionia,Corfu and Dalmatia.I happily accept,and turn to the North.Moldovia was fighting wallachia,who was on the losing side.I DoWed Moldovia,Trebizond followed,and soon the tide turns against the Moldovians.Wallachia ended up annexing Moldovia.

You really should not have vassalized Cyprus. There is little point vassalizing island nations as you'll never be able to annex them diplomatically, and you'll have to take a huge stability hit to break your vassalization agreement in order to invade. Otherwise, good job. :)

I'm just vassalizing them to get half of their incomes.I plan to annex the Koyonlus.And I also made a lot of events today,including one that'll spawn a nation I made up:the Western Roman Empire.I'm not kidding--when one of those Italian nations(Papal States,Parma,Tuscany,Naples,those guys in Apulia)hold Sicily,Messina,Modena,Apulia,Naples,Romagna,Roma,Corsica,Sardinia,Liguria,Lombardia,Veneto,and Steirmark,they'll get an event called "Restoration of the West".It gives them 3 choices:

a)Yes!The Western Empire shall retain its glory!(turns whatever holds those provinces into the WRE)
b)No!Every other nation will bcome barbarians and hunt us own to the ends of the world!(nothing happens)
c)We'll be the Western Roman Empire in name,but name only...(name changes to Western Roman Empire,nothing else happens)

I used a red flag with a golden eagle with a cross behind it for the flag.If they become the WRE,all of their army guys get red,light blue and yellow clothing and major VPs.Right now,Parma's in the lead with Modena,Romagna,Roma,Corsica,Liguria,Naples,Apulia and Messina under their belt.They've been expanding due to BB Wars.

Also,the Big White Blob's pretty blobby right now,having annexed Bavaria,Wurtemberg,Palatinat,Thuringen,and seconds ago,Cologne.They force-vasallized Hesse and way raped Brandenburg.And the BB War with a bunch of other German minors have just given 'em the chance to expand even further,maybe even into Burgundy's Low Countries and the British Isles.

I halt my expansions,thinking that I've gone far enough for now.I go to India and set up a colony in Mangalore after a fleet of transports dropped their troops there(who massacred the natives),while also setting up Colonies in Savannah,Isle Royale,Nova Scotia,and that place which will house today's Indonesian capital.I also make good friends with Georgia and Ryazan.

Wait...Parma just ripped off the last few bits of Italy and declared war on Styria!What're they doin',challenging an alliance with Hungary and the BWB in it?Oh well,I pray for Parma as Hungary and Austria honor the alliance.Meanwhile,the stupid Mameluks DoWed me,bringin' in Wallachia(they have Bujak now)and Trebizond.I hammered away at Judea while the Trebs lashed out at Samaria.Wallachia has sent a fleet to Alexandria.

The Mameluk armies were no match for me and the Trebs,however they have naval superiority in the Medittearanian Sea.Any litle navy the Wallachians send there got sunk.So,I decide to tak matters into my own hands,and sent a formidable force on an equally big fleet of warships and transports to teach these sea dogs a lesson.

Soon,I drop my army in Alexandria,and the begin besieging it.However,I wondered where all those Maeluk navies had gone,and why they had no army at all down in Africa.My question was answered soon;they used the flets to drop the armies in Thrace,and were besieging Constantinople...