• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jan 23, 2006
OK everyone....this is my first AAR so any feedback would be great :)

I picked Milan because I want to form the Kingdom of Italy (I'm playing the AGCEEP because it owns you...). Took me fourty years but in the glorious year of 1460, the duchy of Milano became the Kingdom of Italy and set out to re-unite all of the Italian-speaking peoples of Europe.

So without further delay.....the story of the Risorgimento... :)

BTW - I plan on updating this after each time I play, which is almost once a day. I'll take a picture after each day that I play and put it up with the story :)

EDIT: As you can probably tell, I have a real problem switching from past to present tense. It's probably why I'm a History Major....not an English Major :)

Last edited:
Winter 1419:

It had been many years since the Lombards fell upon northern Italy and ravaged what was left of the Roman Empire. The city of Milano, once the capital of the Lombard kingdom and a stronghold of northern Italy, had fallen into decay. The Lombard military was almost non-existant and Milano became one of many weak Italian city-states that compromised what was formerly the heart of the Roman Republic.

But not all is lost. The desire to unify Italy once again burns in the hearts of many Italian patriots. One such patriot is Filippe Maria Visconti, duke of Milan, who is addressing the people of Lombardia....

"Fellow citizens! The time has come for Italy to be unified once again - under the banner of Lombardy! Our ancestors were once the most powerful fighting force in Italy. I hope to continue that legacy by kicking the foreign occupiers out of our native Italy and restoring our old glory! Even now, preperations are being made for the inevitable campaign against our pitiful and weak neighbors. To arms! The time to unify Italy is now!"

With that, Filippe dispatched his most able general, Carmagnola, to deal with their first enemy - the Republic of Genoa.

1421:

Carmagnola, the greatest of all Italian warriors of the time, stood before the gates of Genoa with disgust. It was ancient powers like these that were keeping Milano from restoring Italy to her true glory. Genoa, like most Italian cities of the time, had become weak from the growth of Venice - the most hated of all Italian city-states. Unified, however, these cities would be able to destroy the strangle-hold that Venice had upon Italy.

Carmagnola, at the head of a 10.000 man Lombard army, waited in his camp for the arrival of the diplomat from Genoa. Thanks to the timely arrival of naval and land forces under the banner of Aragon, Carmagnola was able to gain the upper-hand in the "war" against Genoa and was able to force peace terms without losing a single life. The Genoese diplomat approaches....

"Ah, my dear Carmagnola! We have no desire to fight with our fellow Italians - why do you come here with such hostile intent?"

"The days of your kind are over - you will submit to the awesome power of Lombardy or you will be crushed. Your choice."

"Well, it seems like I have no choice in the matter then. We have agreed to become your vassals - but we will have nothing to do with Aragon."

"I accept. As of this moment, you will pay tribute to Milano and open all of your cities to our forces. In addition, we request that you join our military alliance with Romagna and Mantua."

"Genoa accepts. It has been too long since Italy was unified - we wish you the best of luck in your conquest Carmagnola."

With that, Carmagnola secured the vassalization of Genoa and the further glory of Milano. Could it really be this easy? Perhaps the dream of Italian unity wasn't so crazy after all...

But that would have to be decided in the first test.....the first war with Venice....

Last edited:
1432:

Thirteen years since Filippe first announced his intention to unify Italy, little has actually been done towards that end. Genoa has been made a vassal of Milano and the country has under-gone some reforms but other than that, Italian unity is still a far-off dream. All of that would change though, in the First Venetian War (1432-1435)...

Carmagnola no longer controls the forces of Milano - like many Italians of his day, he serves money over loyalty. He has gone over to support the cowardly Venetians, leaving his home country to whatever fate that God has in plan. But fortunately for Lombardia, a new hero has arrived - Nicholas Piccinino. He has sworn at any cost to avenge the crimes against Milano committed by Carmagnola. Fortunately, he will get his chance very soon....

War! Siena has declared hostilities against Firenze! To arms! Romagna, Mantua and Milano have responded to Siena's call for aid while Venice has responded to Frienze. The chance has come for Milano to show its military might and add more of Italy to the future kingdom....

N. Piccinino set out from Milano with 20.000 troops, with the goal of conquering Florence once and for all. As he approached the city, General Piccinino could sense victory....

"Men! Today will be a great day in the history of our nation! Yet another country will fall to our forces and we shall come that much closer to our dream!"

(Un)Surprisingly to General Piccinino, the city of Frienze barely puts up a fight. The people, having been so used to their cowardly and peaceful lifestyle, have no use for fighting anymore. The governor of Firenze hands General Piccinino the keys to the city after a short skirmish and yet another city is added to the realms of Lombardia....

1433:

"General Piccinino! Sire, we have an urgent message from our allies in Romagna. A 30.000 man Venetian army under the traitor Carmagnola has just sacked Mantua and entered the province of Romagna! What shall we do!?"

"Gather up our forces. We set out for Romagna today...."

For several years, General Piccinino had been waiting for this moment. He will finally be able to destroy the traitor Carmagnola and add Mantua to the realms of Lombardia...

After a week of forced-marching, General Piccinino arrives in Romagna. He arrives just in time, for he meets up with his allies as the Venetian army approaches the city. The Venetians have roughly 30.000 men while the combined Lombard-Romagnan force equals about 25.000 men. No doubt this battle will decide not only the fate of Romagna, but also that of Milano and all of Italy.

Confident of his imminent victory, Carmagnola spends little time preparing for battle. With an overwhelming advantage in cavalary, he sends them into a head-long charge after weeks of forced-marching from the city of Venice to Romagna.

"Stand fast men! Pikemen in the front! Crossbows in the rear! Do not break the line!" General Piccinino knew that he would need more than a miracle to win this battle but he just hoped that the courage of his men was enough to lift the day....

Tired and over-burdened with armor, the cavalry of Venice smashes against the wall of Lombardian pikemen like waves against a rock. Time and again the charge is repulsed with minimal allied casualties. Carmagnola quickly tries to advance his infantry but it is too late - General Piccinino is already at the head of his own cavalry charge....

The Lombard cavalry surrounds the Venetian army and cuts off any chance of escape. The Venetian infantry tries to withstand the numerous charges but it is simply too much - Lombard infantry overruns them and cuts them down to a man. Carmagnola tries to escape but is cut down by a crossbow to the eye and will trouble Lombardia no more.

General Piccinino stands in the center of Venice, after a bitter three year struggle. The army of Carmagnola is crushed, Mantua is under the control of Lombardia and Venice has just fallen after a lengthy siege. The First Venetian War is finally over, with Firenze and Mantua becoming the newest territorial conquests of Milano. Siena and Romagna, owing their very existance to Milano, have asked to become vassals of the great Lombard state. Lombardia now stands as the unchallenged power in northern Italy....

Last edited:

After leading Lombardia for many years, Filippe finally dies and is succeeded by Francesco Sforza. After a bitter struggle against the traitors in Milano who sought to establish a Republic, Sforza is able to dominate the city and the Lombard state.

"People of Milano - it is with great joy that I announce today the expansion of the Lombard state! Genoa and Siena have asked to become part of the great Lombard nation! We now control Genoa, Milano, Firenze, Mantua, Siena and Corsica - may God continue to bless our great nation and lead us to victory against all of those who would wish to dominate our country!"

1460 - Milan

"My Lord Francesco...the Austrian Emperor is here. We are ready to begin..."

"I never thought this day would come, Orlando. Our dreams have finally been realized...Italy is once more."

As Francesco enters the cathedral in Milano, he is overwhelmed at the idea of a unified Italy - something that has not happened in Italian history since the 5th century AD. He walks down the aisle surrounded by his fellow citizens - people from Firenze, Genoa, Mantua, Milano. From all over the northern Italian countryside. Forged through the blood, sweat and tears of the Lombard people, the Kingdom of Italy is about to be proclaimed....

"Francesco Sforza! As Emperor of both the Holy Roman Empire and the Austrian Empire, I hereby present you with the crown of Italy! Guard it well - for together, our two great nations shall defend the Holy Roman Empire and lead Italy to a status never before witnessed!"

So it went. In the year 1460, Francesco Sforza became the King of Italy after fourty years of struggle by the people of Lombardia. Once more Italy has been awaken.....

The time for the Risorgimento is now....

Italy-1460.jpg

So you've chosen the Ghibeline Option; an alliance with the BWB sometimes has its advantages. Just a shame you can't get cores on Southern Italy this way.

Santa - Did you get the Event Effect with Aragon that made Genoa your Vassals? That makes everything easier :)

Suebian - is there any way to get cores on southern Italy? I thought none of the options (Austria, Papal States or through force) allowed you to get cores on southern Italy?

Great start. I always enjoy a good Milan AAR. Or should I say, Kingdom of Italy AAR? Keep it up. :D

Alessandro F. said:
Is there any way to get cores on southern Italy? I thought none of the options (Austria, Papal States or through force) allowed you to get cores on southern Italy?

My fault! I just remebered something about getting more cores as an ally of the Pope (reading AGCEEP FAQ helps: the only extra core should be Romagna, but your screenshot tells me you got that one anyway)

1461 - Bologna

King Francesco Sforza stands in the cathedral in Bologna, waiting to hear the address from the Prince of Romagna.

"My dear King. It has been too long since this country has seen a leader such as yourself come along with the strength and the ability to unite us. After your great deeds in the north, I see no reason to stand beside and oppose you in your struggle to unify Italy. I pledge my full support to you, Sire, and offer you the domains of the province of Romagna. Our armies are at your disposal and we shall fight to the death for the glory of Italy."

And so it went. Yet another province has been added to the Kingdom of Italy and the unification of northern Italy has been complete. The only thing left in the way of complete Italian unification is the Papal States. But there are bigger fish to fry right now...

1473 - Milano

"Watch the left flank I don't want them getting through! Orlando - take a detachment and move to the Southern gate. Do whatever you must but just make sure that they do not break through!"

Captain Alessandro thought to himself if this would be the first time in it's history that the capital of Italy would fall to a foreign invader. After a decade of relative peace, the Austrians declared war on Tirol, forcing Italy into a war that she did not want to fight. While the Austrians be-sieged Innsbruk, Tirol's 30.000 man army launched an assault on Milano. The only hope for Italy now was the arrival of reinforcements under General Galeazzo Maria.

"Captain! They have broken through on the right side! We can't hold them back much longer, Sir!"

"Everyone fall back to the church, now!"

All around him Alessandro saw German troops pouring into the city. At this point there was nothing much left to do but fortify the church and hope for the best. The church was a very good defensive fortification with only one entrance that could be easily guarded on all sides. The attackers would have to try and push their way in while being attacked from three sides.

"Archers on the altar, pikemen in the front, swordsmen behind them. Knights, dismount and plug any holes that you see. Whatever you do men, do not give up the church."

Within minutes the German troops were able to break down the door and storm the church.

"Archers - open fire!!"

A volley from the rear of the church cut down the front-line German troops and the pikemen kept the rest at bay. The Germans tried to respond with archers of their own but they couldn't get any shot through their own ranks. This battle would have to be won through courage alone.

Wave after wave of German troops fell upon the tiny Italian garrison but they refused to give up the building. However, the attacks were taking a toll on the Italian defenders and Captain Alessandro watched as his ranks continually got smaller. One more assault and the battle would be over.

But as the next wave of soldiers came, Alessandro looked upon them with suspicion. They couldn't be...yes, they were! General Maria had made it just in time to save the entire city from destruction.

"I heard you needed some help," the general said.

"Yes, indeed Sir. You couldn't have picked a better time to show up."

"Well you will also be glad to hear that I just got word of the capture of Innsbruk. The war is over - Tirol is part of the Austrian Empire."

"Hrm....kind of makes it seem worthless."

"Nonsense Captain - you did well here today and your actions will be known throughout Italy."

For the first time in it's history, the capital of the Italian kingdom had never come so close to capture. Although it was saved at the very last second, it didn't change the fact that Italy was gaining new and powerful enemies. There wouldn't always be a General Maria to save them at the last second. But for now.....there was peace.

Betrayal! The Kingdom of Hungary has deserted her Italian allies and joined the forces of Poland. The king of Hungary died without an heir and the Hungarians chose the Polish king to be their new monarch. The Italians, surrounded by hostile enemies, would now have to do without the most powerful member of their alliance. However, they would find powerful new allies...

Gian Galeazzo II, King of Italy, arrived in Firenze to meet with Ferdinand and Isabella, the new rulers of Spain, on a warm and sunny Italian summer day. They were meeting in Firenze so that King Galeazzo could show off the new refinery that was built in the city, which would be the largest producer of wine in all of Europe. With the loss of his Hungarian allies, King Galeazzo knew that he would have to convince the Spanish to join his alliance or else he would have to face the growing French menace with his only ally - the Austrian Empire.

Ferdinand and Isabella were eager to meet with the Italian king because they too feared the growing power of France, which had recently annexed numerous German kingdoms. Left unchecked, they could easily dominate all of Europe.

"My dear King Galeazzo, it is an honor to meet you finally."

"And you, King Ferdinand. I congratulate you on the unification of Spain and I hope that our two nations will be able to work together in the future. As indicated in my letters, I invite you to join our alliance against the French. Along with Austria and the Pope - who joined a few days ago - we will become the most powerful fighting force in Europe. We can finally put an end to the French menace and ensure a balance of power throughout the land. In addition, you will be promised land in southern France - do we have a deal?"

"How could I possibly say no to that? Consider the forces of Spain to be at your disposal - we shall respond to any call for aid from any and all members of the Alliance."

"We shall do the same for you, King Ferdinand."

With that, the most powerful alliance in Europe was formed. But would it be enough? Although France was diplomatically isolated and hated throughout Europe, they still had the largest army the world had ever known. Would the combined power of Spain, Italy, the Pope and Austria be enough to humble French hegemony?

The disastrous First Piedmont War (1500-1508) is over. Hundreds of thousands have died and economies have been ruined in the greatest struggle that Europe has ever known.

In 1500, the Kingdom of Italy declared war on France, citing their occupation of Piedmont as an excuse. Just as Italy expected, Spain, Austria and the Papal States entered the war on their side. Initially, the war went well for Italy. Spain was able to be-siege several provinces in the south of France, Austria was able to be-siege several German provinces and Italy was able to defend Milano from French attacks.

But then everything went horribly wrong. Austria was kicked out of Germany and her capital, Innsbruk, was captured by the Frnch. The Italians were kicked out of Milano and the capital was sacked. The French continued to attack Austria's holdings in Germany and Italy watched while their 40.000 troops waited for the opportunity to strike against France's 250.000 man army. The Papal States, meanwhile, was embroiled in a war against....Rebels.

Hope was restored as Spanish troops poured into France after they conquered Bearn and Roussillon. 100.000 Spanish troops leveled the playing field in northern Italy and helped the Italians re-conquer Milan. Three times the Italians successfully held Milano against attacks by heavily superior French armies. Finally, at the end of the war, Austria sent 80.000 troops to re-capture their capital of Innsbruk, which they did after seven years of enemy occupation.

The war ended with Bearn, Roussillon and Iceland (yea...) going to Spain and a large indemnity being paid to the other powers. However, Sicily revolted during the war and the Papal States lost control of one of their territories. The first round is over, but all of the powers know that in five years, the Second Piedmont War will begin...

Italy-1507.jpg

Last edited:
That was a bold move to DoW France, even with your alliance. But you look pretty solid in Italy itself.

Let's hope France doesn't find any powerful allies in these five years. But as soon as the war of religion starts it should be easy prey.

Europe seems to develop quite historically; Spain and France are doing well, Austria soon will get Bohemia and share their part of Hungary with the Ottomans. Hopefully you won't regret that your Habsburg "friends" are growing that strong.

The Suebian said:
Let's hope France doesn't find any powerful allies in these five years. But as soon as the war of religion starts it should be easy prey.

France used to have two allies - the Pope and Savoy. They annexed Savoy and the day that their alliance with the Pope expired, I jumped in and invited the Pope to my alliance :)

Other than that, they are pretty much universally hated throughout the world - BB around 30 and no friendly relations. But who needs allies when you dominate Europe and have the largest army in the world? I was debating if I should wait until the war of religion but I'm just too impatient :)

As for Austria - I'm playing the AGCEEP and it's not guaranteed that they get any part of Hungary. Bohemia and Hungary are both vassals of Poland and Hungary can go to either Austria, Poland or the Turks. I would like Austria to get at least Bohemia though because they need to be more powerful in order to help me destroy France.

OK time to go play :cool:

*Phew* - just played for two hours....lots to update :)

A dark cloud is gathering over Europe....Turkish hordes have poured into Hungary and are threatening to destroy the entire country. Sultan Suleyman the Magnificant is demanding the complete annexation of Hungary, which would place forces of the infidel right next to Wien. To defend her interests, Austria has called upon the Alliance to defend Christianity from the invading infidels.

"General Maria - what is the status of the war in Austria?"

"My Lord we could not have asked for a better fight out of the Austrians and Spanish. As you know, our troops have remained in Mantua in reserve, ready to pounce on the Turk whenever necessary. Austrian troops, however, have taken Wurzburg, Presburg, Istria, Croatia and Carpathia from the Hungarian-Turkish alliance. It will not be long now before they seek peace with our grand alliance, my Lord."

As much as he was excited to hear about the Austrian victories, King Galeazzo was unnerved to hear about how easily the Austrians had rolled over the combined forces of Hungary and the Ottoman Empire, one of the strongest alliances in all of Europe. For the time being, he was simply happy to know that Austria was his ally and not his enemy. However, it was something that he would have to never forget...

The War of Hungarian Succession (1509-1511) was a crushing defeat for the Ottomans. Although they were able to gain some territory at the expense of Hungary, the Austrians decimated their armies and destroyed what remained of Hungary. Turkish armies, which had such an easy time destroying the Balkans and Venice, know now what it means to fight a real enemy. Hopefully this victory will keep the Ottoman Empire in its place for a while, although the Alliance will always be ready to strike at them whenever necessary.

King Francesco Maria summons his war council to discuss the possibility of going to war with France again....

"My Lord, now is a perfect time to strike against the French - they are weak from numerous wars and internal strife. Even Denmark recently beat them! We will never get a time like this again to re-claim what is rightfully ours in the province of Piedmont."

"The Navy is prepared and ready to go, my Lord. Just give us the signal and we will defeat the French Navy at Marseilles and support an invasion of southern France."

"Then it is settled. We will attack France when the allies are ready. Inform the Spanish that we will send 60.000 troops to assist in their invasion of southern France. Send 20.000 troops north to aid the Austrians in their conquest of Germany and the defense of Tirol. The Papal States should be able to defend our homeland from attack. Any questions? No? Then may God bless our invasion of France."

General Raffaello set out at the head of 60.000 Italian soldiers to lead the attack on Piedmont. Although the garrison is well prepared and the city is heavily defended, he is confident that they will be able to win the day.

After three assaults on the city, the Italians finally overwhelm the French defenders and claim the city for the glory of Italy. News has also reached General Raffaello that the Austrians have captured Wittemburg and the Spanish have conquered several provinces in southern France. A smile crossed his face as he thought to himself, France will be destroyed.....

King Maria had different goals in mind, however. The Italians, already receiving a negative reputation throughout Europe, settled on simply taking the province of Piedmont from France. Although the Second Piedmont War (1513-1517) was a total victory for Italy, King Maria did not want to see France be destroyed and simply replaced by a much stronger Spain and Austria. Now that England has also entered the war against France, it was time for Italy to withdraw.

King Carlos I has come to the throne in Spain, Burgundy and Naples. Such a growth in Spanish power threatens to de-stabilize the region and presents Italy with the uncomfortable position of having Spain annex Naples.

On the other hand, Naples is a vassal of the Papal States and so Italy cannot just declare war on Naples....or can they?

King Francesco Maria came up with a plan that might just be crazy enough to work. Declare war on Naples, make sure that the Papal States annexes them, then use that as a casus belli to declare war on the Papal States and unify Italy. It was time for him to put his plan in motion....

"My dearest allies - it pains me to see the Papal States fight so hard in our recent wars yet not be rewarded with anything. I hereby suggest that Italy declares war on Naples and allows the Papal States to annex them," King Maria said, as he addressed Spanish, Austrian and Papal diplomats.

"A wonderful idea - Papal forces can be in Naples within a few days," Pope Alexander VI replied.

"Well then it is settled. Spain and Austria will provide verbal support while Italian and Papal forces destroy the Kingdom of Naples and allow the Pope to increase his prestige in Europe."

The Spanish, upset over losing their territory, were in return rewarded with papal support in their dispute with Portugal over colonies in South America.

With that, Italian and Papal armies marched to Napoli to remove King Carlos from Italy and unify Italy under Italian and Papal authority. But King Maria had other things in mind...he ordered his troops to aid in the assault on the city and to completely sack and ravage the city - but most importantly to murder the Spanish prince, who was regent for Napoli in his father's name.

So far everything had gone according to plan. Napoli fell to the combined Italian/Papal force and Italian agents murdered the Spanish prince after the Italian army had withdrawn. The Spanish immediately blamed the Pope for the destruction of Naples and the murder of Prince Juan. King Maria of Italy was only too happy to aid the Spanish in getting back at the Pope....

At the request of the Spanish, Italian forces invaded Rome, Marche, Napoli and Apulia. Because it would take the Spanish months to get to Italy, King Maria informed General Rafaello that he had to capture all four provinces within a year, or else Spain would come to claim their territory.

The war could not have ended up better for the Italians - within months, General Rafaello led 80.000 Italian troops to capture all of Italy, except for Rome, which the Spanish ended up taking. King Maria was able to convince Spain that Italy deserved to take all of the provinces, while Spain was granted a huge indemnity from the Pope with the promise that Italy would never annex Rome.

After a few years of peace in Europe, the Ottomans and their Hungarian allies have once again decided to try and destroy the Austrians. King Maria kept General Raffaello and his army of 80.000 men in reserve as he watched combined Austrian and Spanish forces once again destroy the Turks.

It was at this time that he decided to once and for all destroy the Papal States and return Rome to Italian rule. While Spanish forces were distracted in the depths of the Balkans, King Maria used this opportunity to claim that the pope and his 30.000 man army were threatening to invade Napoli. With Spain, Austria, Hungary, the Turks and France (who was in a war with England, Brittany and Denmark) all distracted, there would be no one to oppose the will of the Italians.

General Raffaello left Mantua at the head of 70.000 men, with the intention of destroying the pope once and for all. The Italians had equipped their army with a new invention - called the musket - while the pope was still largely relying on Swiss pikemen mercenaries.

General Raffaello barely took any time forming up his men. The Papal forces, who had no way of hitting the Italians at that distance, had no choice but to charge. Italian muskets mowed down the Papal lines and several thousand died before they even reached the Italian lines.

General Raffaello relied on the tried-and-true hammer-and-anvil approach that was heavily favored by Alexander the Great in his conquest of Persia. Once the Papal forces were engaged with the Italian infantry, the general personally led a cavalary charge that was able to get around the tiny Papal flanks and completely collapse their line. Within minutes, the Papal forces were engaged on all sides and they quickly surrendered. Within a few minutes, General Raffaello had added 20.000 men to his army.

The fall of Rome was an anti-climatic affair as many of the people in the city wanted to join Italy and the garrison was completely de-moralized. Once the Pope learned of the generous terms that Italy was offering him (he could remain as Holy Father and keep several thousand acres of land in Rome itself), he surrendered and agreed to join the Kingdom of Italy.

Now all that was left was Sicily, Sardinia and Venezia...

The French, eternally angry over the "theft" of Piedmont by the Italians, declared war on the Alliance while they were in the middle of a war with Venice, Sicily and the Order of St. John. However, King Charles III le bon and his general, Fernando Gonzaga, would quickly teach the French a lesson that they would not soon forget in the Third Piedmont War (1549-1551)

After a lenghty siege, Venice fell to the Alliance and General Gonzaga was able to capture and annex Messina, while the Spanish got Palermo. Only three more provinces left....

General Gonzaga took control of the 80.000 men waiting for him in Milano and proceeded to invade southern France. Combined with 150.000 Spanish troops, and 100.000 Austrian troops, France quickly fell apart. General Gonzaga and the Italian army were able to capture Marseilles, Savoy and Lyon, while the Spanish captured nearly all of southern France and Austria got several German provinces.

But once again, King Charles III knew that an extremely powerful Austria and Spain was not beneficial to Italy. After destroying the forces of France, the Kingdom of Italy settled for a huge indemnity from France and the Spanish annexation of the province of Languedoc. King Charles knew that he wouldn't be able to contain his allies much longer, however, and so he decided that in his next war with France, he would stop at nothing short than the forced vassalization of France under Italian hegemony.

Italy-1556.jpg

Last edited:
Couple updates:

- Check out Morocco! They extend all the way to Alexandria...crazy.

- Check out Denmark...Sweden is getting owned :)

- When I annexed Genoa (way back when) I also got Kerch. But I let it rebel because I didn't want a non-religion, non-culture province in my Kingdom. So it's gone...

- I recently promoted all legal people to chief judges. At least I think that's the correct term....

- Spain owns Brabant because they annexed Burgundy, which was only one province.

- My BB is now 25 after all of those wars with the Papal States. A few years ago it was 2....o well.

- I make 200 ducats a year and my inflation is still 0.

- I got two unexpected inventions...the best random effect in the game! :)

- I am completely Plutocracy, Centralization, Innovative, Offensive and Quality. I am like two away from being completely Land. I am four away from Free Subjects and Free Trade. Did I miss any?

- I am Land Tech 15, which is the tied with France for highest. I am Naval Tech 6, which is tied with Spain I think.

- Europe kinda looks pretty historically correct, other than the unified Italy. I love this game so much....all of the wars are huge like Napoleon :)

- After being #2 since the formation of the Kingdom of Italy (way back in like 1450), I finally replaced France as #1. It was probably the three wars in a row that I beat them in :)

Last edited:
Wow! You're doing terrific! Mind if I take notes? ;)

Morocco is doing very well also. I sense a clash of the titans...? nah. That'll be France.

I predict you take Savoy, Provence, and Dauphine in the first war (and Gascogne for Spain), and in the second war you force-vassalize France and annex Switzerland.