• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(44162)

Private
May 9, 2005
Hi,
This is my second AAR, some might remember that I started an Ottoman a long time ago and didn't finish it. The reason is I had to format my HD and couldn't find EUII CD, but now I installed it and I am ready to give it another shot. Well here's some info about my country settings...

Ruler name: Bekir "The Wise" (born in Mekkah)-This is ME
Title: Sultan
Capital city: Mekkah
The Royal court members:
*Emir Ibrahim (general from Amman)
*Sheikh Omar (general from Mekkah)
I made up all characters to make the story interesting, of course I'll use real rules names (except me)

The settings are: very hard, very aggressive, forc. annex on, fog on...

I am not the best at writing but I'll try my best. my goal is to conquer most of the world.

The story begins in 1419... in a large military camp in an oasis in the arabian desert.... somewhere near Medina. Bekir "The Wise" is preparing to conquer Jerusalem and Damascus from the Mameluks.
Captain of the Royal guard: My lord, Emir Ibrahim wishes to speak with you!
Sultan Bekir: Let him pass!
Emir Ibrahim: Selam Bekir, sultan of Hedjaz and guardian of the Ka'ba.
Sultan Bekir: Selam my friend, what news do you bring?
Emir Ibrahim: I've sent eight thousand man from Jordan, they'll be here before the nightfall of the third day. I could not leave Amman unmanned so I left four thousand man on the walls. I also received news of Omar riding with two thousand riders from Mekkah they will be here before midday.
Sultan Bekir: You have done well my friend, I here have gathered thirteen thousand man and some five thousand bedouins. We must also make sure the Mameluks do not learn about our plan or they will muster an army. Jerusalem must be taken with haste!
Emir Ibrahim: As you wish my lord! Now if you will excuse me I have some important errands to do.
October 1419. The Sultan's army gather in Medina and go to Mekkah first, to make their last prays to Allah before they go to war. 30.000 Arab soldiers are about to change the course of history and to unleash a terrible power that has never seen before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'll make more next time and add some screenies and pics.
PS i forgot I use the GC=year 1419.

Last edited:
3rd Ferburary 1420...Bekir declares war on the Mameluks and the Arabian forces asscault the province of Judea and lay siege on Jerusalem. However on March 27th the Mameluks send eight thousand man from Samaria and attacks Bekir's low moralle army. The Arabian army retreats to Jordan and prepares for another assault.... April 20. 1420 Bekir sends the army to Jerusalem again. Once more the walls of Jerusalem are challenged and once again the Mameluks succesufully defend their fortress..... But its worst than the Sultan feared. Twenty-two thousand Mameluk soldiers cross Sinai from Cairo and attack Bekir's army of twelve thousand man in Jordan.... on July 19th Aden offers a military alliance to Hedjaz. Bekir accepts their proposal and quickly moves his forces to Jordan.... On April 22. 1421. Bekir pulls the Mameluks from Jordan and makes a counter-attack on Jerusalem, is it all that simple, no... Bekir gathers another, smaller yet lighter and faster army to quickly attack Egypt. He knew the Mameluks would take the bait and attack the raiding cavalry instead of his main force. But something happened Bekir did not expect, the Mameluks gathered an army in Syria. The leaders of Hedjaz were troubled and for eight nights they discussed.

Sultan Bekir: I think we should assault Damascus, the walls may be strong, but the cavalry will guard our back!
Emir Ibrahim: Yes, it would be wise I do not think otherwise, but what if the cavalry falls? Do you wish to return victorius from Damascus and find the whole Hedjaz occupied? Aden is weak, they cannot fight. They have less than twenty thousand man on our border!
Sheikh Omar: And what about us, if Aden cannot defend us with three times our numbers than how are we going to assault Damascus? Seven thousand man, wounded, tired... exhausted! They cannot fight. Even the cavalry is weak, we sent four thousand we now have one and a half.
Sultan Bekir: Omar! You will stay here in Amman and protect it no matter what happens! Ibrahim, you will take my riders and charge on Sinai. Understood?
Emir Ibrahim: As you wish my lord!
Sheikh Omar: I do not like the plan but I will stay loyal to you no matter what happens, but what will you do my lord?
Sultan Bekir: Damascus waits! I will see the Turks from Aleppo if all goes as planned. Go now! And do not question your orders, make your hearts stronger than iron!
December 25th, 1421....... Bekir captures Damascus and attacks Beirut. Emir Ibrahim attacks Jerusalem and Sheikh Omar rides to Samaria. The Mameluks have lost Palestine and Syria. By Feburary 23rd, Palestine, Syria, Sinai and Lebanon were captured. And Bekir laid siege on Cairo. Very soon the entire Mameluk sultanate came udner Bekir's control. The Mameluks signed a peace, they gave the provinces of Syria, Judea, Samaria, Sinai, Alexandria and Delta to Bekir. Peace was signed on December 3rd, 1431. **********************************************************

Last edited:
Can you make the names another colour? It's hard to read.

I'll be following this AAR. When will constantinople fall? :D

Snake IV said:
Can you make the names another colour? It's hard to read.

I'll be following this AAR. When will constantinople fall? :D

Thanks, I changed, I hope its better now. Well my plan is to conquer Aden, The Caliphate and the rest of the Mameluks by 1440. So I think by 1460. I will have Constantinople and most of Asia Minor, if posible my homeland Bosnia ;) I have to develop my tech first, its really hard to fight against superior armies in both numbers and tech. The Arabian desert has a population of about 15.000 and a very small tax income. Now with Alexandria and 5 traders in Thrace I should get at least some 1.000-1.500 ducats yearly.
I'll get some screens in my next post.

Last edited:
Thank you! Its nice to know people like your work. Well here is another update!

SULTAN's PALACE, DAMASCUS, SYRIA

Sultan Bekir:Selam brothers and welcome to my new residence and command center!
Pasha Walid:Selam, Sultan of Hedjaz! May your rule bring better times for Alexandria and rest of Egypt!
Emir Ibrahim:Selam, my Sultan, I come from Cairo and bring bad news. We must sent forces to Nile and Mekkah. War is upon as, Aden and Nubia are preparing for war.
Sultan Bekir:That surely are bad news. The generals reported we have could have some fifteen thousand soldiers ready, but Aden alone is far stronger in numbers. We trusted them as our friends and I left no armies in Arabia. Mekkah is weak, only Amman could hold them...at least until reinforcements arrive. Nubia cannot wage a war unless Aden strikes first, they know we do not fear the Mameluks and that they cannot hold us more than a month or two. We must send some forces to Nile, no matter how.
Sheikh OmarIt is not Aden that we shoudl fear alone, but a massive war. If Aden attacks, Mekkah, Medina and Arabia will fall, Arabia might get soldiers from Jordan, but Aden will overrun the heart of our empire. The Nubia will attack. Nile is isolated, two thousand man against thousands of cruel Nubian warriors. Then we must declare war on the Mameluks and they will have at least a few thousand man ready for battle. We will send our forces to meet the armies of Aden and leave the west unmanned. We will lose our trade income and we will slowly walk into a trap. The war will exhaust us and our "friends" will rush to our lands. Sultan, I suggest we take out Aden at once. We cannot wait any longer.
Sultan Bekir:I agree with you, Omar, but if we are going to show our power, then lets gather all our man and attack both the Mameluks and Aden. We can reach their capitals very quickly and take them, that way we will destroy most of their military potential.
I will post my screenshots on this link: My screens

Last edited:
August 21st 1435. Aden offers Royal marriage to Hedjaz, the proposition was accepted. This was a very important event. Aden was now unable to attack Hedjaz and Bekir could completely focus on the Mameluks. Bekir knew that Aden is too strong, they had an army of fifty thousand man. Bekir feared this and he left an army in Mekkah on guard, but he knew he couldn't win against Aden by force. The army in Mekkah had only one purpose, to keep the enemy while Bekir gathers his armies in Jordan. Aden's forces would have to pass three desert provinces and face high attrition. Aden would arrive in Jordan with half of its power or even less. The desert was both Arabian best friend and worst enemy. The same day the proposition was accepted Bekir sent all his forces from Mekkah to Sinai. Bekir's peace treaty with the Mameluks expired on January 3rd 1437. But he waited one more day to declare war. On January the 4th Bekir's forces assault the Mameluks with full strenght.
The Mameluks were defeated and only Cairo remained theirs. In 1440, Bekir declares war on the Kaliphate. The Kaliphate had only six thousand man in Baghdad, but in Basrah, they hid their force of seventy-two thousand soldiers. Nubia, Gujarat, the Timurid Empire and some other countries declared war on Hedjaz. Bekir's main force was in Alexandria. That was the main reason the Sultan had to declare war on the Mameluks again and quickly raise armies all across the country. More than fifty battles were fought across Syria, Jordan, Palestine and Arabia. Bekir was losing many battles but he was slowly pushing the enemies. Unfortunately, a revolution broke out in western Egypt. All provinces except Cairo (which was still under mameluk control) revolted. Hedjaz started to lose the war. More than two hundred thousand man crossed the borders on the east to fight against the weak Arabian armies. Bekir only managed to retreat to Cairo and take it from the Mameluks. The Mameluk empire was completely destroyed and annexed. War also came from the west, Tunisia suddenly saw a chance to take west Egypt and declared war on Hedjaz. On the south the Nubian warriors took control of Nile with a large force. Only Mekkah, Medina, Sinai, Judea, Samaria (for a short period) and Cataract were under Bekir's control. Armies were sent to retake Arabia and to keep safe the road to Mekkah, but after a few months they were forced to retreat. Then Nubia suddenly attacked Cairo and besieged it. With no place to retreat or to build armies. Bekir had to act quickly. He begun with the weak enemies, giving them small amounts of money in exchange for peace. Tunisia didn't had luck, the rebels in west Egypt defeated them and a white peace was signed. bekir sent three armies to war. The smallest was sent to Delta and Alexandria, some five thousand man to retake them and that way increase the income. the second army was sent to Nile and it managed to defeat the Nubian force, besiege the city and hold three Nubian attacks. The last and the largest army was sent to Jordan to try to move the fight to the territory of the Kaliphate. The first two armies were succesufull, but the third lost many battles. Some thirty thousand reinforcements were sent and lost in the desert sand. While the border to Nubia was protected by an army in Nile, the border to Tunisia by thousands of rebels and an army in Alexandria. Bekir sent all his remaining forces on Samaria and later on Syria. Victory was achieved and both provinces were taken. Bekir's forces were pushed from Syria, but Damascus never fall under the control of the enemy. Then he left the east unguarded and moved to Nubia and took control over two provinces. A white peace was signed. Then he gathered more man and all his armies and sent all his forces on the eastern border. Bekir was victorious in all battles and peace was signed with all enemies on July 9th 1451. His army in Alexandria was completely destroyed when Bekir tried to stop the rebels, but Bekir came again with a larger force and destroyed all rebel armies. Then he realised his capital city, Mekkah isn't safe anymore. The capital was moved to Cairo.
SULTAN's PALACE, CAIRO, EGYPT

Sultan Bekir: Selam my friends! We have a new Today we celebrate the victory against many enemies. I would wish to say that now we move north. Asia Minor is waiting and Constantinople. Don't be fooled, we are strong, but Hungary will not waste a chance to get more territory. They already got the entire Austrian empire under their control. The Turkish states are strong, I expect some half a million soldiers in Asia Minor that will resist. Big numbers? That's not the only problem, some one hundred and fifty thousand more will come from the Balcans. We must fight with superior forces, they cannot gather all their numbers at once and thats our advantage. I want to enter Constantinople before I die. I shall rename it to... Istanbul! It shall be our new capital. The peacefull life of Mekkah is not a place for a capital, Damascus is exposed to many enemies, Cairo is too far from our battlefields. Const... Istanbul is the best place. After we conquer Istanbul I will retire and leave my throne to...someone else. I will of course leave instructions for the empire to be managed. Have faith in Allah! And victory shall be ours!

Indeed this does lokk interesting... now we want pretty pictures and updates!! :D