• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(50930)

First Lieutenant
Nov 23, 2005
Plans

We started out smoothly, Castile was booming, We achieved to send merchants to Novgrod and Tago and Joined a military alliance with Portugese. our reletion with the purtogal reached a high when they agreed to trade their discoveries with us.

Soon, Castile was forced to join Purtogal to fight FEZ and Algeirs, we fought couple of Naval battles with algerian naval ships, all lost and hundreds of sailors killed. fearing bankruptcy in the middle of the war, we raised war taxes.

Not longer from our naval failures did we start looking at Granada.... We took peace with FEZ and declared war on Granada after few months of peace.

We asked Portugal to join us in our war efforts, but they failed to reply, choosing neutrality. not longer after that, they were forced out of the alliance and now we seek an alliance with Aragon to take down Portugal, if its possiple.

At the same time, we started out first colony in the canary islands.

The Granada Wars

The Granada wars was the start of taking the islamic religion ( coming from a muslim :oops: ) out of Spain. It would start with the reduction of Granada.

At first We lost one battle against the Granadians in the province of Granada, but the second time was success. Then we besieged the province of granada and when we finished the siege, we spilit our forces and attack Gibraltar. It took us another force to enter to start besieging Gibralatar.

Once Gibraltar was finished, we sued for peace, having 100% advantage, I could not let the Granadians agree on anything, so i let the situation play itself. Soon enough, The Granadians offered us 192 gold pieces and the province of gibraltar. we took the offer.

After the war, we disbanded few forces in our army, to reduce costs, and soon, we will start the increase in trading and the focus on Aragon and maybe.

untitled7oa.jpg

The 2nd Granada War and the Annexation of Granada

Our first major task was as mentioned to elimanate muslim states in the Iberian penensula, I can't really elimanate the Religion itself from the region until later on, when I have load of cash and some stability with no or low inflation.

Our attack was not just on Granada, I have developed a staragey keeping technique learned from reading XHOSA CAMPAIGNS by this guy named tom in EU2's forums, It payed of well... especially reading the whole thing.

The Granadan wars were meant to force peace from get some cash in the process. We new Granada was weak and we knew, if we allied with Portugal, they will honor that will, so we did not accept offers of military alliance with Portugal since they broke in the first Granada wars.

on March 8, 1429, Castile declared war in Granada. I moved quickly to destroy Granada, the initial battle failed, but from there on, I breezed with the assignment. on January 3, 1430 Granada province, the only Province they had, was captured by Castile and on February 6, 1430, We annexed Granada wholelly.

With our Stragetic mingling over, I turned my attention towards the future, My Inflation was at record high 2.1% and I took me almost a whole year to finish one Baliff for Toledo.

Navarra Situation

We were keen to take over Navvara, and primarly that is why we joined the alliance with france. France declared war on england and its alliance, she called for us to join but we refused. we are solely intrested in Navarra and not england, let alone her alliance.

If we honored the alliance, it would mean that we had huge chance fighting naval battle and maybe some of our harbors would have been taken, this was out of the question for me, I would every harbour later on for the aztecs and the other people on america.

Our Stability hit bottom, taxes declined and we were in a bad situation, castile was virtually limping but we have managed to reach level 2 on both land and Naval tech, so were with europe. on April 7, 1430 Argon declared war on Navarra, we saw this as chance, Argon was in full crisis mode, The english were besieging the island province, Aragon province was taken and their only help came from.... you guessed it, us.

Feeling hopeless, I declared war on Navarra on July 27, 1432, her english buddies and the rest joined, We refused portugal's help ( accidently ) and we marched into battle.

The war is started good, we took Navarra Province and then took Béarn, abandoning Navarra province. out thoght process was to help take Béarn and come back quickly as possiple to Navarra, but the Navarrans were there before i came back and I restarted my efforts to get back Navarra.

It was kinda bad because I wanted Navarra and Béarn and Aragon ( which the Navarrans controled ) so that i can have a 100% quick war win and cut down on my maintance costs. it took me 4 years to gain back Navarra and win the war.

February 3, 1436 The Navarrans accepted our peace offer and gave us Béarn made they our Vassals ( Diplo-annexation later on could help me ) and forced Military transit. with that, all of royal marriages, all of their alliances and everything else went out the air.

Murcia Rebellions

Just before our win against the Navarrians, Murcia rebelled and defeated our weak 3K force there. little by little they grew and my inital troops, which came from Granada were only 1k compared to the 5k rebel force. it was easily defeated and went back to Granada. To kill rebellion, I devised a plan. assemble my armies in the south in Toledo, wait one month and assemble to Murcia, crush the rebellion and go back to where they were. it succeded and I created a new army in Murcia... and combined with the some armies I left there. there was a 9k army guiding murcia now, a rebellion was going to crushed no matter what.

screensave35xr.jpg

Ok... I want to finish off Navarra sometime soon.... But I want to wait. I know I can finish them off, but I don't want to get into a huge debt, more than we are in right now.

Almost the whole war was financed with Loans, Inflation is at 2.1%.

Also, What do you think I should do with Aragon. Saved their butt when I helped them. Should Prepare a war with them or wait until later on to join in with Castile.

Aragon-Navarra War

Soon after we accepted peace with Navarra, Argon continued to hammer out the one province of Navarra that was left. It did not take them long to get what they wanted. The Navarrans were truly abandoned by their alliance. Englad accepted peace with Aragon and paid 28 Ducats, and so it was only Navarra that faced the brutal strengh of aragon.

Meanwhile, I was hoping I can bounce back economicially and take on Portugal which, we gained CB on them by an event where they harrased our merchants and we excalated the situation.

Perparation for War against Portugal

Initially we wanted to attack every Province at the same time, and there was only one Province that had 11K infantry. We did not get into a war since the Navarran war and our inflation was a capable 2.6%

As we started to build troops ( Forced Loan.... did not have any money :eek:o ) there was another war brewing up between the Nobelity in Castile, as soon as I started building my Initial troops our Civil war broke out into the puplic.

Civil War

on September 2, 1438 we went with support the Álvaro de Luna against his opponent to start the Civil war, Our Stab decreased to -3, Inflation rose up to 20+% and Rebels came from Anadulsia, Austrias and Roussillon, The First 2 were defeated immidiately, but that last one was the hardest to defeat and it took 3 months to defeat them, luckly we succeded and stopped the Civil there and then.

The Civil war was damaging, not only did it increase Inflation and decreased stability, but it also forced us to stay on route with loans. I hope to start war taxes soon, Prepare the troops I have and go against Portugal as fast as possiple.

Our Goal will be to take and secure TAGO ( CoT ) and then the rest will be east task since Protugal has no defenses on them, once we occupy all of their Iberian porvinces, we will go after the Azores and force the Portugese to a large sum payment, which hopefully we rebounce our economy and our start to colonize the rest of Europe before the game ends.

Last edited:
I want to know one thing.... I was wondering how you transport soldier through the sea?

Even though I have navy and 2 with galleys over 7 and each have transports. I just dont know how to move them, I tried to click here and connect this to that, but it did not work. anyways... I was also wondering if someone could advise... I want to know your opinions and what do you think.

I little push would not hurt.

Last edited:
abdul-jabar said:
I want to know one thing.... I was wondering how you transport soldier through the sea?

Even though I have navy and 2 with galleys over 7 and each have transports. I just dont know how to move them, I tried to click here and connect this to that, but it did not work. anyways... I was also wondering if someone could advise... I want to know your opinions and what do you think.

I little push would not hurt.

Each navy has a carry capacity determined by the ships in it(on the left in pic circled) Warships and galleys have 1 while transports have 2. Land units have a weight 1 per 1000 men or cavalry or 1 per 10 artillery (circled in right of pic). If the land unit weight is less than the navies carry capacity then once the ships are at sea move the land unit into them as you would move them into another province.

In this pic the army is made up of cavalry making a total weight of 28 so would need ships with a carry capacity of 28+

Maybe you should leave Portugal alone for the moment. Let them explore a bit, build some colonies. They are very low on manpower and an easy prey. When you keep them alive, you can steal their maps and/or annex their whole African/ Brazilian/Asian empire. Keep 'em allied to you until then. Portugal is your friend, since they work for you. :)

Keeping Portugal alive is indeed very profitable for you. If you do go to war with them, go for vassalization, without taking any provinces. Then let them do what Suvorov suggested, and annex them when they have a colonial empire.

Be careful with the loans. Use the yearly census tax to build troops, and put your monthly income into research. If you do not have to fight major wars, keep your army maintenance at 50% and keep your naval maitenance at 50% unless you have to fight at sea.

England cannot possible hope to conquer anything from you if you keep the coast well-defended. They will usually put all their forces into one province, and you can just let them siege that province. Even if they do conquer it, you can usually buy them off.

I have done myself a disservice...

I Was playing a long ( Extremely Fast) and I made mistake. England called for me to in their alliance... and taking the chance to get a CB on them later on the game when they will refuse to accept to join me ( I was planning an Attack on FEZ ). as I was going fast, I clicked to accept them ( been clicking a lot of boxes at the time... Stability drops and Bankruptcy ) and joined a war with France... the Proplem is France almost complete finished me... they took every Northern Province... ( I was in Inflation so bad that I could not afford to make 2K cavalry and even if I afforded it... it took a so long time to make them. )

Anyways the fact is I can't continue this game and so I will quit it... and with this I gained some exprience.

One other Observation I made is I like reading the AARs and Writing AARs on my games then actually playing the game sometimes, When I playing , I actually6 think of AAR Stories... I think it comes out of my joy of reading... Expect my next AARs sometime soon, and expect it Professionally done. :cool:

Thanks to all the help too.

:)

abdul-jabar said:
I have done myself a disservice...

I Was playing a long ( Extremely Fast) and I made mistake. England called for me to in their alliance... and taking the chance to get a CB on them later on the game when they will refuse to accept to join me ( I was planning an Attack on FEZ ). as I was going fast, I clicked to accept them ( been clicking a lot of boxes at the time... Stability drops and Bankruptcy ) and joined a war with France... the Proplem is France almost complete finished me... they took every Northern Province... ( I was in Inflation so bad that I could not afford to make 2K cavalry and even if I afforded it... it took a so long time to make them.

I recommend you turn on the option yearly autosave. That way if you misclick you can go back to january,