• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(4640)

[Something Hilarious]
Jun 29, 2001
Scenario: The American Dream
Difficulty: Very Hard
A.I. Aggressiveness: Furious
Fog of War: On
Forced Annexation: On
Dynamic Missions: On

Nation: United States
Difficulty: Very Hard
Economy: Very Weak
Military: Very Weak
Diplomacy: Very Weak

**NOTE** If the game crashes, again, and I cease to show up for a long amount of time, I've thrown the computer out the window. Lets hope I remember to save the thing...;)

Jan. 1, 1773:

-I sent the Continental Army(12/3/0), led by Gates(2/2/2), to Shenandoah where the US/Shawnee boarder is. Looks as if the British are coming! THE BRITISH ARE COMING! So, I suppose it would be 2 lanterns? Eh?
-I sent the Congressional Army(12/3/0), led by Washinton(6/2/2), to Fort Oswego to halt British advances up that way.
-Went with 'Land' on the DP settings...need the moral and the decreased troop cost.
-Start building an army in New York: 10/3/0
-I start raising 'war taxes', we're not exactly rich ya know. I also put most of my effort into treasury, some into stability and the rest into a bit of research.
-I took three loans to help get me started on building defenses.
-Start building forts in Delaware, Susquehanna, Catskills, and Connecticut. Already have one in New York, Mass., and Oswega.

-Mughal Empire chose to move their throne to Delhi.

Jan. 11, 1773:

-The British chose 'Revoke the Constitutional Freedoms of the Colonies' in the "American Revolution"...Revoke our freedoms my ***! ::starts yelling random four letter words at British::

Jan. 12, 1773:

-Denmark had the 'Regency of Ove Hoegh-Guldberg'

Jan. 20, 1773:

-France chose to let Turgot do his Economic reforms.

Jan. 28, 1773:

-Onondaga and Shenandoah fell to the British, Washington and Gates are marching quickly to take back what is ours.

Feb. 1, 1773:

-Congress asks me to keep Savannah.

-Russia aquire a monopoly in Ingermanland.
-venice aquire a monopoly in Veneto.
-British scum aquire a monopoly in Bombay.

Feb. 12, 1773:

-Gates was attacked in Powhatan by the 5k of British.

March 1, 1773:

-We sent a merchant to Manhattan.
-Gates continues to battle bravely against the British in Powhatan.

-Genoa aquired a monopoly in Liguria.

March 8, 1773:

-Gates beats the British in Powhatan, he now continues on to meet another British force advancing from the west.

March 10, 1773:

-Washington was attacked at Fort Oswego by 5k British. Damned Canadians.

March 16, 1773:

-Gates is attacked once more at Powhatan. Again 5k British.

March 20, 1773:

-Appalache falls to the Shawnee. Ah well, they'll be easy to take, or cheap to buy off.

March 29, 1773:

-Washington wins a total victory over the British at Fort Oswego.
-I sent Washington back to Catskills to protect Manhattan from British forces coming down from Canada.

April 1, 1773:

-Manhattan Army finnished, I send them off to Mass.
-We sent a merchant to Shanghai.
-We expanded our trade in Manhattan! YaY, we're doing some trading in our own CoT.

-Russia aquired a monopoly in Astrakhan.

-We won the war..............april fools.

April 13, 1773:

-Gates barely fought off the British in Powhatan, it came down to sheer number of men. Anyway, he is off to retake Appalache, and then to dive into Shawnee country.

May 1, 1773:

-We sent another merchant to Manhattan.
-Our trade was expanded in Shanghai, ask me if I care about China.
-We sent a personal gift to the Netherlands, maybe they'll be our ally. Relations now at +200.

-Portugal DARES to grant military access to the EVIL British!

June 1, 1773:

-Our merchants expand trade in Manhattan.

June 2, 1773:

-The British 'Monster'(41k) took Penobscot. We'll just leave them alone. ;)

-Denmark declared war upon Portugal, thats what them British loving *bleeps* get!

Congress has invited me to dinner, but I will return.

The Struggle for Independence Continues

June 5, 1773:

-Manhattan Army reached Boston.
-Gates is attacked by 6k Red Coats in Catawba.

June 12, 1773:

-We send some colonists to Oswega(currently level 5 colony).

July 1, 1773:

-Papal Sates change state religion to Catholic...uh...what were they?
-We send a merchant to Manhattan.
-Small group of British ships off the coast of Roanoke...what do they think they're doing? Too bad I don't have a navy.

July 4, 1773:

-We accept peace with Shawnee: We pay 25d in indemnities. Now the British will be unable to attack from the west, which will free Gates to go fight the harder part of the war up north.

July 6, 1773:

-Portugal aquire a monopoly in Tago.
-Denmark aquire a monopoly in Holstein.

July 10, 1773:

-Gates defeats the British in Catawba, total victory. I'll now send him to protect Delaware, very important Delaware is.

-Morocco declared war upon Algiers. Like I care.

July 16, 1773:

-Tuscany declared war upon the Papal States.

Aug. 1, 1773:

-Hessen joined the war on the side of England against us. Like they'll do much.
-We sent a merchant to Manhattan.
-We've expanded our trade in Manhattan.

Aug. 3, 1773:

-Denmark joined the war on the side of Russia against the Ottoman.

Aug. 12, 1773:

-We expanded our colony in Oswego.

Aug. 28, 1773:

-Continental Army arrived in Delaware.
-We go back to taking up war taxes.

Sep. 1, 1773:

-We sent another merchant to Manhattan.
-We expanded trade in Manhattan.
-I start building 3k cavalry in Connecticut, this will be used to run through Canada.
-I also lessoned how much I was putting into treasury, now it's prolly more around 25%.
-Exchanged maps with the Netherlands, I'll be sending a trade next to a colony of their's if I can find one...then ally with 'em.

Sep. 22, 1773:

-The 'Monster' took Sebago
-I sent a trader to Namaqua to be next to Table, which is owned by Holland. Let's Hope I can get an alliance with them.

Oct. 1, 1773:

-Sent merchant to Manhattan.

Oct. 22, 1773:

-Lost control of Adirondak.

Nov. 17, 1773:

-Creation of the Continental Army: I chose Professional. 40k men in Manhattan, and I should get Arnold soon, who is one of the better leaders in the war for USA. That should help me out a lot.

Dec. 4, 1773:

-British beseige Oswego.
-I send Crawford and the 'No Name Army' of 3k cavalry to run through Canada and take provinces. They really have no name.

Feb. 1, 1774:

-British cease their siege of Oswego, go back to Canada. But why?

Feb. 21, 1774:

-Ok, they(Netherlands) got into an alliance with Austria. So I thought I'd just join up in the alliance...NO! Damn thing...I AM LOOKING AT THE NETHERLANDS! I hate that. But I could join up with Prussia, Denmark, and Cologne. I dunno, what do you guys think? And why does this thing do that, anyway?

-I got a RM with Holland.

May 10, 1774:

-Our little 'No Name Army' was destroyed in Megantic.
-I sent Gates to run around and collect all our lost territory.

Dec. 11, 1774:

-England accepted our peace offer: 75d and Bangor.

Now off to build up my nation before I go up against England again. And to get some allies.

Last edited:
Go team USA!

What's this alliance bug thing you're talking about? It won't let you ask for an alliance with the Netherlands? Are you sure that they're the alliance leader? You may have to ask Austria.
And what about France? They were our historical savior. Plus Spain is real close, so they'd be good too.
USA! USA! USA!

Yeah, Netherlands were the leader. So was France. But I grabbed up Spain before they got an ally, so now maybe I'll throw in a native tribe, like the Dakota or something to mess with Canada.