• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Warspite

Admiral of the Kings Fleet
62 Badges
Jan 3, 2001
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
Well i just got a rough lesson handed to me tonight. I played a game with the Duchy of Athens starting out in the year 1419. Athens was a one province state with byzantn and turkey and albania around it. In 1419 turkey waisted no time and invaded the remnants of romania (byzantine) and i thought, hmmm, perfect way for me, little athens, to get morea to my south so i declared war on romania too.

Well my 6000 man army defeated the roman recruits there and i layed siege, but in 1420 turkey crushed romania and took morea for peace, so my siege ended and i had to go home empty handed. I stayed in the war though because romania was down to just one territory, the rich city and COT of constantinople or thrace. MMMMMM i said, that would be nice to have, but i had no way to get to thrace except cross turkish territory.

Well i politely asked for access from the turks and they said "nyet" :).... anyways i had to find a way to thrace to win the war against romania, so i gave turkey 100 ducats and my relations went to +100 with them, so i asked to cross through there land again and they denied me twice. well i said, thats just downright rude, ill teach them.

So i declared war on turkey after they had entered another war against serbia. This way i could walk accross their land whether they liked it or not hehe:D pretty clever idea i thought, this a1 is stupid anyways....or was it?

Well my plans didnt work out and before i knew it, 22,000 turks were storming my fort and killing my 10,000 man army. I got butchered while turkey took serb land and their expansion was lightning quick. Well guess what? I soon realized i was part of that expansion when i was sent to the window of my palace overlooking the aegean and my burning city, I LOST :mad: and badly at that.

Well they could have at least let me be a vassal so i could play more.:D

On to the next country, :cool:

Last edited:
Is Romania really the name used for the Eastern Empire? If so, good, because it is indeed the most accurate name. Furthermore, I hope that Turkey is changed to Ottoman (or Uthmanli) Empire.

Last edited:
Loosing in EU2

Well my plans didnt work out and before i knew it, 22,000 turks were storming my fort and killing my 10,000 man army. I got butchered while turkey took serb land and their expansion was lightning quick. Well guess what? I soon realized i was part of that expansion when i was sent to the window of my palace overlooking the aegean and my burning city, I LOST and badly at that.

go here to continue my thought :)
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17565

Last edited:
Originally posted by Jools
didn't i make this as a seperate thread??? damn... it's some paradox conspiracy!!! never succumb!

:) thanks for the thought jools, im glad you caught that thing about the defeat window or screen. Just one of many goodies you will enjoy.

As for the conspiracy, well lets just say they call me the cleaner;)

Hah! My thread is now under uglyduck's jurisdiction! Hah!

BTW, Can your next AAR be with Poland? Or some other eastern european nation. Be yourself warspite! EVERYONE DOES BYZANTIUM. It's like so last tuesday :) BE THE TRENDSETTER, Do Poland :)

Fine Lithuania! Kick butt with their Light Cavalry!

Anyway, I personally think that Poland and Lith should be linked to each other. I mean they had the same kings for 150 years and then merged into one country. I just wanna see how Paradox managed to do this...

And who will rule Lithuania post 1569??? What about all the other countries that historically didn't have any kings or special leaders?

Originally posted by Jools
Hah! My thread is now under uglyduck's jurisdiction! Hah!

BTW, Can your next AAR be with Poland? Or some other eastern european nation. Be yourself warspite! EVERYONE DOES BYZANTIUM. It's like so last tuesday :) BE THE TRENDSETTER, Do Poland :)

I plan to do more stories yes, and no i dont want to do another Romania AAR as that was in the multiplay already. Um....... yeah Lithuania sounds good but i will do some other exotic world countries too. Thanks for mentioning it jools and yes ill be myself:), see ya later

No, but I ain't no genius...

Maybe have a random monarch engine...

Random names, surnames and stats... or a fictional dynasty...

i would like to see sweden, aztecs, mongols and some arab nation!!!