• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 25, 2004
The 50 year Age of Anarchy has finally fizzled out with the Rebel Scum victorious and the old order has been completely swept away. The order that has risen to replace it, is strikingly similer, but a lot more divided.....

Europe, North Africa and the Near Middle East are carved up into hundreds of petty kingdoms, each with it's own rulers, administrative systems and religious instritutions. The rest of the world has reverted to barbarism and worship their god-king Kaigon.

Unfortunatly for the people these petty states have armies, and borders are yet to be, shall we say...... fixed.

Lappland is but one of these states. It has a king, Philip VI, it has an army commanded by Field Marshall Harold Lilgencratz, General Sven af Trolle and the king of course. What will be it's fate, will it survive, expand and prosper or will it become victim to it's neighbors ambitions?

ScreenSave1.jpg

Lappland in January 1419

The Story of Lappland- 1419

Philip VI king of Lappland survayed Kirunya, his capital from the tallest tower of Kiruna keep. During the chaos and distruction of the Age of Anarchy Ugric refugees from the east had poured into Lappland turning this land from a sparsly populated wilderness into a bustling metropolitan land. Meanwhile the collapse of Sweden at the hands of the mob led to the land left this land with no masters.

Jamtland to the south-west had thrived under Ivar VI finding wide markets for it's furs and achieving the status of centre of trade. Philip VI consulted with his minsister of diplomatic affairs.....

"Oy Erik" the king shouted at his minister.
"Yes your majesty" came the reply
"Have you got your diplomat trained yet?"
"Yes I think I have"
"Send him to Ostersund and inform Ivan VI that forcible border reasignment will soon be taking place"

The diplomat comes into the room and Philip VI almost jumps out of his skin in shock.

"You've trained a girl as diplomat!" the king exclaims
"Anything wrong with that?" Katrina asked innocently.
Philip VI stuffs a letter into the young woman's hand and tells her the to go to the palace of Karl VI in Ostersund.
She doesn't dissapoint.

Philip leads his army to victory in the swamps of lappland against the entire Jamtlander army repelling it and forcing it into flight. He then goes on to advance into Jamtland and puts Ostersund and other important Jamtlander cities under Siege. However the winter forces them to retreat in December and the army goes home for Christmas in Lappland.

It's called Indepent Europe Scenario, and it's quite fun. BTW, good luck!

The story of Lappland- 1920

The sun never shined this time of year, it was too cold to fight and too cold to finish off Jamtland. So the king and his servants were left in the massive wooden hall that the king called his "palace".

"I'm getting married!" he announced loudly one "night"
"Who too?" Erik asked.
"Trondelag"
"Troddelag!" the advisor exclaimed.
"Yes I heard Vidkunn VII of Trodelag has a daughter left over from his first marriage and I want her hand in marriage"
"That could be arranged? But for what reason do you want her?" Erik asked.
"Well, she's young, about half my age I think and she'd bear me loads of sons and Trondeleg may be a usefull ally too" the king replied.
"That makes sense, I'll send someone to arrange it immediatly"

In May the weather finally improved enough for the king and his army to go to war against Jamtland once again. Leaving the new queen Margereta (now pregnant) in charge as regent, the Lapplandian army marched into Jamtland...

The Jamtland army under the command of Karl Blodoks had, had all winter to recover from it's earlier defeats and the army was reinforced by many fresh soldiers. Karl Blodoks and his army faught hard, but Philip proved to be no less deadly than he was before and they were unable to prevent thier capital Ostersund from falling under siege. An emmisary from Karl VI offering a lucrative amount of money was dismissed and ten days later Vidkunn finally decided to formally join my alliance (and the war), he had rejected the earlier offer. The Trondeleg army arrived in September but the stubborn Jamtlanders held out in Ostersund well into December as copious amounts of snow began to fall. On December 14 the white flag was finally raised over the battered walls and the gates opened.

Philip finally came face to face with Karl king of Jamtland. Flanked by guards he laid his sword at the kings feet and kneeled awaiting his fate.

"You have a simple choice, Karl, former king of Jamtland, you can leave Scandanavia and go into exile to a far away land, maybe to Ireland or Spain and swear an oath never to return or my executioner can take care of you," Philip told his defeated opponant.

"Malta, I always wanted to go to someplace warm, and I can meet Ferrante VI, the most clueless king in the meddateranian, who by some miricle is now holy roman emporer"

The king was taken to Trondheim harbor under heavy guard and placed on a ship headed for Malta. Meanwhile Jamtland, the greatest Trading Centre in Scandinavia fell into the hands of the victorious Lapplanders.

ScreenSave2.jpg

Jamtland is brought into the Lappland realm.

Great idea! But why Lappland?

It's not a troll, it's a giant, if my memory doesn't fail me.

The story of Lappland- 1421

Filip VI survayed his newly conquered lands. His glorious armies had triumped against the Jamtlander army and their king Karl VI was now in exile in Malta. Things were going well he decided. The opululance and luxary of Ostersund were still clear to see, despite the looting that his troops had subjected it too despite the best efforts of his marshalls. A fine prize indeed.

ScreenSave3.jpg
[/IMG]
The Jamtland CoT

On May 12th, back in Kirunya the king consulted with his advisor on diplomatic matters Erik and asked him.

"Do you think the people will tolerate another war?" he asked
"Lots of our neigbors, indeed the entire "civilized" world are at eachothers throats and would be easy pickings, divide and conquer as it were" his advisor replied
"I would say we attack Gastrikland, but they've got themselves hooked up to the so-called Scandanavian Leugue, and Bergslagen, Sjaeland and Vastergotten may intervene on their behalf, Narvik and Osterbotten are at war and Osterbotten seems to be winning the war at current"

"So which do we attack?" the king asked
"Osterbotten, my king, their ports will prove more useful to us, plus we want to side with the loosing side of the conflict so as to keep them even" the advisor replied.
"Osterbotten it is then!" the king agreed.

It was June and the Osterbotten army put up a desperate counterattack of their country as the Lapplandians, joined with a few thousand Narviks covering the castles there. They faught hard as their abilities and training allowed, but were no match for the more numerous Lapplandian troops and were repulsed back into Narvik.

"The new king of Finnmark, Orland I is unmarried correct?" the king consulted with his diplomatic advisor Erik in a siege camp arround the Osterbotten capital.
"Yes I think he is," the advisor replied.
"So he might be a way to get rid of my sister Ulrika then"
"You mean a royal marriage with Finnmark to stabalise the situation once Osterbotten is annexed into glorious Lappland!" the advisor replied with enthusiasm.
"Exactly!"

However the king didn't seem to understand that, having been married to the sister of the king of Lappland he was supposed to form an alliance with me. He then went along and allied himself to Finland and Ingermandland (traitor!)

"There is a problem your majesty!" Sven af Trolle broke into the royal tent suddenly.
"What!"
"The Osterbotten, majesty, they have Kirunya under siege"
"How many!"
"My scout says 12,000 and he's usually right on such matters" af Trolle replied, "We have only slightly more than that,"
"The siege race begins then, I suppose, if we can take Vasa before they take Kirunya and Karl I of Osterbotten captive then the war's over and we win, we have a head start afterall"

"How goes the siege?"
"Vasa's beginning to crack, but I'm afraid to say, we may be out through the winter"
"That's bad!"
"Yes, but as our troops are dying of frostbite and hyperthermia, we can rest in the knowledge that so are the Osterbotten around Kirunya" af Trolle joked.
Nobody laughed.

this one is great. i must download that scenario right away :)

and that red "giant" or "troll" as you put it, is called "Vildmannen" "the Wild man" and is the county weapon of Storuman (kommuner, blir det county? :rofl: ) but ofc, its the weapon of Lappland as well.

Quinton said:
this one is great. i must download that scenario right away :)

and that red "giant" or "troll" as you put it, is called "Vildmannen" "the Wild man" and is the county weapon of Storuman (kommuner, blir det county? :rofl: ) but ofc, its the weapon of Lappland as well.

No "kommun" in english is municipality and I think county is "grevskap" :confused: