• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr. Capiatlist

Mademoiselle Gothique (she/her/hers)
88 Badges
Dec 4, 2003
nhkendall.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
Yes everyone, another tale spun by Herr. Capiatlist. I can promise much more limited cheating, if any during this AAR. I don#t expect to become a huge Empire or even a small one, I will see if Corsica can stand the test of time to become one of those obolete nations of today's world....

Cosicia that new. Good luck!

January 1, 1419 to November 8, 1462 "Birth of a Nation"

January brought birth to a new nation, without yet a fate, in a world filled with violence and personal glory. That nation is the island of Corsica, a small island off the French and Italian coasts. It was granted its dukeship by the Lord of Genoa on January 4, 1419. Sir Placentia was dubbed "Duke of Corsica" and small, Italian, Catholic island, now a nation. Relations between Genoa and its vassal were good, leading to an alliance on June 1, 1419, where Corsica swore to help Genoa.

In October 18, 1421 Corsica was have an "Exceptional Year," the treasury was booming and inflation sinking. Four months later, on January 24, 1422 3,000 troops were constripted to serve in the first-ever Corsican Amry. A few weeks and a year later, Genoa declared war on the Papal States, and war that would last fifteen years.

Military weakness, and a new sense of national pride (combined with 12 Papal ships off shoar) Corsica dishonored its alliance with Genoa on February 17, 1423. The next day, Corsica declares itself an equal among nations, Duke Placentia is crowned "King of Corsica," relations between Corsica and its former Master, Genoa are destroyed.

Though they were now free from Genoan tyrrany, stability was low, and revolution was always around the corner. Five months past befor Corsica was stable and working at 100%.

On September 23, 1423 citizens of Corsica gathered around the docks to see the launchng of the only ship of the Corsican navy, the RCS Kingdom. That same day the French nation of Provence declared war on the tiny island nation. Helping Provence was France, Scottland and Auvergne.

That day, King Placentia declared people pay war taxes and ordered 7,000 more troops. On December 1, 1493 Provence rejects a plea for a white peace, and the war continues. Citizens laughed at the idea of extending the war taxes (mainly because it was issued on April 1st), but when the King's collectors came to their door, they happily agreed to the defense of their independence. 4,000 more troops were constripted. Then on January 1, 1424, another 1,000 troops were brought into service.

The war brought around Corruption, but the King was busy with other things, so it went ignored. On October 29, 1424 Auvergne troops were sighted landing on Corsican beaches and were forced off and the loss of 256 Corsicans. A week later, Auvergne tried again but was still unsuccessful.

On July 20 and 21, 1425 Provence landed its own troops only to have them repeled by the Corsicans. On August 8, King Placentia asked of a white peace between the nations. Furious at his losses, the Provence King declined.

On Febuary 7, 1926 the RCS Kingdom, captained by Admiral Pisa, engages and sinks two Provencial Vessals before retreating under fire from the Provencial Navy, the Corsicans say it was a victory, but the win goes to Provence. On March 20 war taxes are again collected, and on April 18 a Saint Preforms a miricle in front of hundreds of astounded Corsicans. It was things like this that kept Corsica fighting.

On November 1, 1926 Scottland landed 20,000 troops. With better technolgy than the Corsicans, the Scotts decimate the Corsican Army. On January 2, 1427 Corsica signs a humilitating peace giving up the entire Treasury of 16 Gold. They have no army and 1 ship. On January 26 the last Scotts are booed off the island. They were sent of not with Roses, but with rotten food. On April 1, the lessions from this war were applied to the creation of Land Technolgy 2.

On January 18, funds were too low to cope with, King Placentia took a loan and started what would be a crash and burn scenario. 3,000 troops were hired to defend the island. On February 6, 1429, to the dismay of the troops, maintance was dropped to 50%. On August 30 the nations was thrown into unrest with the arival of a meteor. Panic and fatalism spread throughout the supersticous island.

On July 7, 1432 the original loan was extended and a second one was taken. on January 24, 1433 King Placentia hires mercenaries to defend the island during the times of finalical crisis.

On January 6, 1437 a plague sweeps across the island due to poor sanitation from the low standard of living, the population is reduced to 4193. That year both loans were extended, and on September 1 the national treasury sank below 100.

September 6, 1439 the King is forced to take yet another loan, making three.

On March 27, 1440 the colony on Corsica fails, the King had tried to tempt fellow Italians to seek wealth on the island. On October 1, 1441 the nation was forced to take a fourth loan. A year later on March 13, 1442 the alliance with Genoa is renewed and all loans were extended.

3,000 more troops were ordered as war seemed sure to come in the time of March, 1444, as the Ottoman Empire annexed Tuscany, a good friend of Corsica. In June the inevitable happened, the nation of Corsica was froced to declare bankruptcy. Inflation soared to 60% and troop moral was destroyed. Faith in the government crashed and instability rocked the island.

On February 12, 1445 new land was claimed at the capital and the population increased to over 6,000. This brought more money into the reformed Corsican economy. On November 9 of that year, the house of Genoa was linked to that of Corsica with a royal marrige.

December 2, 1450 the alliance with Genoa ended. Corsica tried to renew it, but was denied. Corsica then went to an old friend, Savoy who had an alliance with Naples and Venice. The house of Savoy and Corsica were linked together on January 18, 1451.

On March 17, 1453 the peasants of Corsica demanded Redress, which the King wsa forced to accept, by August the nation had recovered from the loss of stability.

On January 28, 1456 more land was claimed on Corsica leading to a population boom and an increase of tax income.

On February 25, 1459 Savoy demanded Corsica become a personal vassal of the house of Savoy. King Placentia didn't seem harm in it, but his people demanded that Corsica remain and equal among nations, pointing out Genoan tyranny. The request was denied. In the next month the alliance expired. Corsica descided they needed a big brother, someone in the region. The wars in Italy were a distraction, so Corsica joined ranks with its formers enemies, France and Scottland in ther war against Aragon, Castile and Portugal. This was December 18, 1460.

On January 5, 1461 then again on December 22, war taxes were demanded. On February 27, 1462 France surrended to Castile, and on November 8 to Aragon. No Corsican blood was spilled during this war.

Ouch, war with France, then with Castile - you really need a second province if you're going to survive many more wars with countries like that... Perhaps Corsica should consider going after some of the Italian minors to safeguard its independance...

4th of Eleven said:
Ouch, war with France, then with Castile - you really need a second province if you're going to survive many more wars with countries like that... Perhaps Corsica should consider going after some of the Italian minors to safeguard its independance...
Yes, with my 10 unit army! All of Italy is either part of Genoa, or part of an alliance that could kick my butt! But still, a good idea!

I admit, I am surprised that France did not join in the initial war. Tough waters indeed. Still, I love the idea of this AAR as I have always wanted to try and see how long an independent Corsica could last. Let us hope it is longer than your next war. :)

Maybe annessing Tunisia or some other small and weak african nation would enforce your grasp on the Med... But I dunno what the world looks like, maybe u could post a screenie soon:D
Really cool, keep it up

Th :rofl:

Ouch! A single province island nation it the hardest way to play, with the possible exception of Rhodes. Good luck but I don't see how you're going to pull this off much less survive. :D

Joe

Good luck to you, you'll need it if you want to survive...

Okay, warning I HAD to cheat to get through what you are about to read. :wacko: So don't get on my back, you will understand after you read.... :eek:o (During the actual game play my face looked like all these combined: :wacko: :eek: :confused: :eek: :mad: :( just thought you might wanna know...)

Part Two:
The Wars That Almost Never Ended!

March 9, 1463 to July 14, 1495

( :rofl: Sung to that one "Lambchop" song :rofl: )
It is the war that never ends,
Yes it goes on and on my friends!
Corsica just need some growing room!
And before you know it Europe is on its way to doom!
Now the boreders are all different.
And Corsica is a power on the continent!
Yes it is the war that never ends,
Yes it goes on and on my friends....

March 9, 1463 brought dispair and hope to Corsica. The economy was suffering, forcing many to seek jobs, one job that needed filling was the Corsican Navy, still only one ship. Now it sailed a full 6 ships! Making it a small naval power.

With this new power, King Placentia (whom I believe is immortal (or a congress)) concented with his closest advisors, and declared war on the undefended nation of Siena. All of Corsica's allies abondon it in such a simple war. The day was April 21, 1463. On September 24, the 10,000 men of the Corsican Army were not enough, another 4,000 were ordered. On January 22, 1464 Corsican troops are great enough to siege the city.

The siege lasted 10 months and on November 24 1464 the Country was annexed. On February 1465 a royal marriage was set up between Corsica and Austria, England invaded and was repeled (100 years war became 150 years war.... sigh....), forcing Corsica to join ranks with France and Scottland against England and Eire. March 5 1465 brought about an exception year which put some dampers on the increasing inflation (88%!) and put 100D in the hands of Corsica.

On May 30, 1467 Corsica declared war on Tuscany, Genoa and Modena, France and Scottland honored the alliance. On October 1 7,000 new soldiers were created on Siena. May 19, 1467 brought along the fall of the Tuscan capital (will annex later so I can annex Modena and get some of Genoa's Empire, yum!) France takes Genoa, gets peace. Marche siezed on September 9, troops there move north to take Romagne. On January 23, 1468 Emila was captured and Modena was annexed, and on April 7, 1469 Corsican troops siege Genoa.

Corsica meanwhile was constantally attacked, unsuccessfully, by English troops. Even so, King Placentia gave the English 75D to get them off Corsica forever. On October 26, Milan declares war on Corsica, troops on Romagna move out and begin the siege. At this time, most of Italy was undefended thanks to the following:
Corsica
Genoa
Austria
Venice
Ottomans
France
Castile

On November 3, 1469 Genoa was captured, Romagna and Marche along with 250D were Corsica's prize along with Tuscany's annexation! 15 days later the people donated 500D (Gift to state) to further the enlarging of Corsica. 5 day later on November 23, Mantua (with no units (Thanks Hungary) declares war on Corsica. This is followed by Castile on December 11. Januuary 2, 1470 brings war with Venice. On September 23, Milan and Mantua are annexed, Venice is sieged. On October 11, Austria declares war, all the while France and Scottland are honorable enough to maintain the alliance.

On December 9, 1470 Corsican troops move into Roma, the capital of the former Papal States.

June 2, 1471 brought a white peace with Austria, and on June 13 Rome was taken.

On March 20, 1472 Sweden and then later Denmark (March 26). But on May 7, Venice is captured and Corsica is given Roma and Dalmatia. Corsica is delighted more with Roma then with Dalmatia. The Corsican king orders more fortification built on Roma and Corsica. New troops are built on Dalmatia to defend it from Balkan Insability, something well known to all. .

On October24, 1473 Casile accepts white peace. And it was about time, Corsican armies beat Castile and Aragon on the battlefields time and time again, but Placentia was happy to have peace. On April 13, 1475 redress brought instability to an already revolt torn nation (cheating commences.... now). On June 8, 1476 Sweden gives into a white peace. February 27, 1477 brings a 200D gift to state, funding more ships and troops. June 7 brought another war with Austria. Tirol is sieged, and on September 2 peace returns with the status quo.

June 18, 1481 the Ottomans descide Dalmatia is too tasty to leave alone, and war breaks out. The war will be rather un-eventfull, on contrary with my war with Denmark which they land 1,000 men (1 unit) once every two months on Mantua. They are repeled every time and the peace resolution got up to 24% and they would accept to kind of peace. May 4, 1487 ended this with an inactivity white peace. But on November 28, Bohemia changed that bring with it Poland, Lithuania and Hungary against Corsica, France and Scottland.

On April 20, 1488 a white peace is declared with the Huns, followed by Lithuania on February 10, 1490. June 8, 1490 brought a white peace with Poland and Bohemia gave it up on September 30. (The wounders that can be accomplished by marching a mecenary corps through people's territory!)

On December 8, 1491 Austria tries again, but after having lost Tirol (the "Take Tirol" Doctrine) the accepted a white peace with Corsica on March 7, 1492. On January 2, 1495 Corsica paid Turkey 75D to leave them alone. All that remained was another war with Eire that had surfaced between Scottland and the stated. On July 13, 1495 a white peace was signed between Eire and Corsica. July 14 is now celebrated as "Victory Day;" as July 14, 1495 brought the first dawn of peace on Corsica since the Hundred Year War flared up in 1461, it had been 34 years!

Pictars!

Pictars!

This is the war on the Eastern Front:
8e29f4c7.bmp

This is the Corsican Empire after Peace was finnaly won:
Corsican_Empire.bmp

I'll try to get a better picture of the Empire later.

This is my face:
:cool: :D :rofl: :rofl: :D :cool:

Ahh yeah.... about King Placentia, uh.... he's kinda immortal until 1736.... oops... any Italian speakers?!

Last edited:
Be carefull of those bb-wars..., you better stop expanding for a while....

labalag said:
Be carefull of those bb-wars..., you better stop expanding for a while....

Yeah. I just had my first ever BB war. I was playing Austria in 1460, and forceannexed one too many Italian minors. When I finally gave up it was fifteen (three alliances) on two and I was being attacked from three different directions.

Eek!! :eek:

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Yeah.... :rolleyes: :wacko:
And do something about that inflation... 88% that's high... too high to be succesfull, stop minting and start investing...

But still I want to see this AAR ending in 1819, not much earlier because of revolts... so good luck....