• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 8, 2004
Hello I have just recently gotten my copy of Eu2 working properly and had the sudden idea of trying another AAR. I am going to try a different style of writing on this AAR than my last two so it may seem a little odd for a while. The game will be played as Oman with the ultimate goal of controling all of Africa and India. Considering I can keep up with my other HoI AAR I plan to give my first post soon. Wish me luck. :rofl:

Yes, good luck indeed. I played Oman when I had little experience and it was a big learning curve.
Where I came unstuck was not understanding the impact of manpower properly. After posting for advice, the concensus was that I should have made sure I got some high income/manpower Timurid provinces at the start.

Though I'd drop that in, as the lack of manpower really hamstrung my GC as Oman, even though I tried to address it once I realised what a problem it was.

I look forward to your AAR.

The desert sands shifted and swirled under the feet of Almad's legions. The year was 1501 and the kingdom of Oman had entered a bitter war versus the people of Aden. Thousands of men marched through near endless expanses of desolate land. The only thing that awaited many of these men was their ultimate fate, death. Why the citizens of Oman asked? Why should we engage in a meaningless war versus a docile enemy? It seemed as though the only answer the people could be offered was an unreduced fit of rage from Oman's leader sultan Almad. It seemed as though the people had been betrayed by their normally calm peaceful leader. The rumors that emerged told of Almad entering an angry fit in which he vowed to bring the world to its feet. Before he returned to his normal mental state he declared war upon his peace loving neighbor Aden. To cap of his frenzy he ordered 20 thousand men to their death in the Arabian Desert.

The ultimate fate of these men was to engage the defending forces of Aden in an epic battle to the death. This duel it seemed would decide the fate of the two desert kingdoms. The victory would be the unrivaled master of the Arabian Peninsula. Time past and yet no epic battle ensued. The forces of Oman marched forward laying siege to cities. At the same time Aden's defenders retreated and prepared for the worst. No excitement for ether side just a long slow march through the blazing sun. It was not as if the armies saw no casualties. Men fell daily to the sands from overexposure to the sun, and exhaustion.

Months passed and numerous cities fell to the invaders. Yet no epic battle ensued. It soon became apparent to the defending forces that a major battle had to be made or they would lose control of their country. The eventually battle became an actuality on March 9 1502 the two armies clashed in a violent battle upon the fields of Yemen.

The battle was not a guaranteed win for the invaders. Their strength and numbers had dwindled in the later sieges. It seemed as if with 2-1 odds they against them they would be blasted back in to a retreat. All went as planed by the defenders for an hour or so and the Almad began to show his skills a general. He had maneuvered his powerful calvery on the left flank of this foe and then ordered a full change with divesting effects. While this was going on the armies desert archers had moved to the front of the infantry force. There bowstrings taunt they fired a volley of arrows high into the air, so they would come down upon the heads of their foes. The defenders instinctively raised their shields to defend. As they did this rank to archers stepped in the forward position and fired a divesting volley straight into the stomachs of the opposing forces. Only now did Almad send in his weak infantry to clean up the survivors.

With the province of Yemen taken control of Almad had control of all of Aden. Its leader was more than pleased to hand over Hadramut and Aden for peace. With they war over Almad returned to his capital to plan future wars. He was able to find the money to promote two tax collectors and begin sending off merchants. It was apparent that Oman would need powerful allies if it was two survive the one chosen was the Ottoman Empire. :rofl:

Very good first post, waiting for you to accomplish your goals.

Try to write your post in word with spelling-check on, makes the post better. ;)

I do use spell check, but Microsoft Word would not work this morning when I posted.

Are you using vanilla EU2 not any of the mods? If so I suggest you check out southern India. When the local powers have finished destroying each other's colonies you can move in and secure some very rich provinces...

Oooh, an AAR from the exoitc middle east. I can't resist those. I like when people chose the less played nations. In your first post, you give a good impression of the sands and deserts. Keep up this attention to terrain and region! I will put a lot flavor into the rest of the story.

Great start :) But huge challenges await. This is most interesting.

Seidita said:
nice start sliver legion. lets see how you handle the Omanians

btw I've always wondered was sliver a typo or did you put that in instead of silver legion on purpose

Hehehe I was wondering when someone would figure that out. It's been killing me lately seeing everyone put silver. I was registering fast and did not check anything my mistake, but I have grown rather fond of it. :)

Edit; If your wondering why I have been ignoring this follow my link to the other forum and join!

The kingdom of Oman began to prosper at least some what. Gold followed into the hands of wealthy men, but still little reached the poorest of the peasants. The now subdued Almad took steps to correct this allowing more power to transfer into the hands of the labors and other less wealthy citizens. Still he had a blood craze of sort. Now he released it in another way a silent, but fierce war against the native people of the African horn. Small armies one after another were sent to decimate native villages in the area. All in preparation for Oman to take control. Almad ordered the first colony be made shortly after the province of Somalia was cleared of its native people.

The empire grew and yet Almad could not be satisfied. He kept on raving for war with his neighbors held back only by the pleas of advisors and friends. The pleas were in vain at the end. For as inevitably predicted the kingdom of Oman declared war upon Aden again after their peace agreement was declared false and invalid. The excuse this time was a dispute over the Camche pass that was an important trade route for both nations. Once again Almad's blood craze as it was known was forcing the kingdom in an unwanted direction. The wars end was in sight only two months after its beginning when the defenders of Aden engaged the invaders. This is an excerpt from a manuscript one soldier in the royal army of Oman wrote in his later years.

The cavalry had trouble traveling through the thick sands and we the men on foot had twice that amount. I remember seeing a man disappear into the sands when heat overtook him. You just saw him fall and if you looked to see if he lived nothing he was completely covered in sand. I tried to stay calm throughout the battle, but that was impossible with all the excitement. My unit was very early on ordered into a full charge into the front rank of the defenders. When I first heard this I thought my god were dead. The chances of us making it within close combat were slim surely the desert archers that lined the walls of the simple forts constructed would mow us down.

Then while preparing for death I was informed that we would have a prisoner wall. Not to seem viscous or cruel, but this pleased me mightily. The wall is a row of peasants from the previously captured enemy cities that are lined up in front of the army and forced to walk in pace. Then when the opposeing archers fire they are willingly murdering their own countrymen.

I was still annoyed with the order to charge, but obliged. When the charge began I realized just how accursed the desert sands are. They kept our feet lodged to the ground, and brought others to their doom. I saw a man fall next to me and get trampled by the ensuing men. I could not help but curse all that the war stood for. That to say simply was nothing.

The sentiments of this one man were shared throughout the kingdom. In all truth the stability of the nation was in dire straights. The major victory that second Aden war turned out to be the peasants did not change their mood. Aden was annexed and its land added to the grand realm of Oman. Shortly after the war Almad joined his legions in the sands of time when an assassin took his life. The public was to say to least less than mourning.

Basic the kingdom stands as the only power on the Arabian penn. I have colonized the lands in the African horn to very basic level really just to prevent other nations from taking that land. Trade is the nation’s strong suite. Our own CoT in well under control and we have started to send a merchant to other not and then. I hope to kill the only other Arabian nation in the next upadate/30 years.

Thanks Sarah

Last edited:
sliver legion said:
I hope to kill the only other Arabian nation in the next upadate/30 years.

Thanks Sarah

A little Bloodthirsty don't you think? :D Any allies helping you out or are you going it alone? Good start.

Joe

As of now alone the OE did not want to renew the allience we had when it ran out.

Very good to date. The desert is your friend.

Better go on a SHIITE crusade!!! Watch those ottomans, they can stab you in the back without you ever having known it was them. U know Caesar's tale...
Tu quoqe, fili?
:D:D:D:D
Please continue!

Th :rofl