• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(6160)

Member of Parliament 1900
Oct 24, 2001
Visit site
This AAR is based on the conversion of Mork's Danish CK game. Things are a bit odd at the start.

Part I: A Nationstate

Henry V looked from his balcony at the Palace of Westminster, rain, cold and gray fell around him. The world was bleak, the English nation was rich but divided. Mainland England was English except for Cornwall which swore allegiance to a Prussian-Lithuanian duke and Yorkshire which was ruled by a Frankish noble. The Frankish lands had fallen away except for Flanders, Calais, Caux and isolated Dauphne in Southern France. The Frankish state was strong, stretching from Nantes to Tyrol with the vassels of Anjou and Brittany in the North, and another powerful but English friendly vassel in the South. The Dutchy of Savoy was Frankish as was all of Burgundy and Switzerland. The German Nation was dead and Venice had gained control of many rich Dutchies along the Rhine. Saxony controlled the North with the Danes occupying the pagan lands of Prommeria and Estland. The Pope had retired to Asia Minor to help lead crusades but the most Holy Church controlled Normandie as a papal fief.

England had rightful claims on Maine, Burgundy, and Normandie in France and had claims throughout the Dutch counties. Henry studied this and believed the best course of action would be to subject the weak Dutch states then turn against divided Saxony as a messanger hurried in.

"Your Majesty, Denmark has annexed Norway and France has declared war."

Damn, thought Henry he had not expected that but he quickly ordered an invasion of Yorkshire and the building of an army in Calais before the French could reach the city. To secure his realm he ordered all English Provinces and most Frankish ones to fortify.

Part II: The war in the North

Brittany, Anjou, Venice and several others Dutchies followed France and declared war. Henry quickly ordered his generals in Calais to prepare to seize Paris and force the Dukes of the neighboring provinces to surrender when he received terrible news: Caux had been seized by the Britons and English Normandy began to unravel.

Yorkshire surrendered and Henry rushed to make peace but the Frankish diplomat meerly responded: "My Lord, Charles haz no desire to make peace with thoz who claim hiz throne. Good Daie."

But Henry was in luck, Paris fell along with most of the North East and Caux was recaptured. Charles being the fool he was sued for peace even as his advisors assured him he was winning the war.

"Dear Lord Henry,
King of England and Ireland, Duke of Normandy and Dauphne, Count of Flandern,
I beseech thee to accept my humble peace: Terram Artois Cepisti, Terram Lynnois et Savois Cepisti, Terram Picardis Cepisti (Take the land of Artois, Lynnois, Savoy and Picardie).

Your humble servant,
Charles, King of France, Duke of Valois and Count of Ile De France."

Henry happily took the land and began to improve the fortifications of these provinces. Charles continued to lose support as the South and North East were now English.

"Dear Lord Henry,
King of England and Ireland, Duke of Normandy, Savoy and Dauphne, Count of Flandern, Artois, and Lyonnis,

I, Emperor of the Romans, King of the Germans and Italians do thank you for returning Savoy and Artois to the Empire. I sincerly hope this is the beggining of an alliance between the King of the Western Isles and the Empire. I offer you my daughter, Victoria as the wife of your son Henry.

Lord Albertus, Imperator Romanarum, Rex Italiarum et Germaniarum, Dux Austriae."

More soon.

Please post if you like!

Looks very interesting. I've only had a quick look at Mork's thread in the CK forum, so all I know is that you start in 1419 with a Europe that looks A LOT different than we are used to seeing. In fact, I would guess that nearly all of the standard historical events in EU2 will make no sense at all in this game. In particular, I have to wonder how the 100 years war is set up.

In Mork's pictures I saw England has no culture. :p Did you change that?

It's disappointing that the French caved in so easily, as it appeared they had a pretty good setup. I'll be interested in seeing more of this. :)

Sounds exciting, I assume what you8 have done is play the game to 1419 from the mongol scenario and play normal EU2 from there?