• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(11439)

General
Oct 28, 2002
Scenerio is the WWI scenerio.
Goals: (some more far fetched then others)
1.War on my weaker neighbors to increase my strength
2.Invade Austria and gain at least Split and Sarejevo
3.Acheive Great Power Status
4.If there is time left invade OE and take Holy land and Istanbul.
5.Survive

balkan.jpg

Balkans 1914

For Reader Convienience
Character List in order introduced

1.Konstantinos I-King of Greece
2.Alexander-Soldier, 1. Division
3.Christopher-Lookout, Battleship Kilkis
4.General Romanus- Commander 1st Corps
5.Andrei-Bulgarian Pilot
6.Nicholas-Calvary; friend to Jason
7.Jason-Calvary; friend to Nicholas
8.Peter-Greek Pilot
9.Alekko-homeless man from Pleven

Last edited:
I guess no.5 is priority ;)

This will be very interesting to follow. Thought you would prioritise a holy war before a war against Austria though (might be easier too). Anyway, good luck :)

As Istambul is capital of Ottos, you will have to rip them off all other provinces and annex them :wacko:

He could edit the save file when he occupies Istanbul and change the Otto capital to Ankara, or create an event.

Personally, I'd sod Austria, and concentrate on getting Constantinople and Western Thrace from Bulgaria. Makes more sense, really.

1200th post yipee

September 9th, 1914

Konstantinos sat inspecting the budget. Something had to be cut or taxes raised. The people would not like either. "We're gunna need money for our new and big army"

"Sir?"--Konstantinos' aide said

"uh? oh yes all farmers , factory workers, and labourers will now be taxed 70% of their income. The officers, clergy, and clerks will all be taxed 65% and the nobles and factory owners will also be charged 70% taxes. Draw up a bill and i will sign it. Also I want the Royal Army to march north to Kozani."--Konstantinos

"Sir"--The aide salutes and walks out

The war against Albania would begin soon enough. With the war farther north little notice could be spared on Greece. As he sits here empires are being created and destoryed. Now was Greece's second age. An empire would be created that or he would die trying.

9-29-1914
Kozani
1. Artillery Division

The troop train screeched to a halt and everyone piled out. Alexander along with everyone else formed up outside of the train and they saw their Colonel climb on op of the troops train. He was holding a letter. He began to read.

"The Albanians have been threatening Greece for years. Their calvary have raided northern Greek farmers and burned their crops. This will not go unpunished. We will repay those dead for the Albanian crimes. So at 0600 tommorow we will cross the Albanian border.
God go with you,
King Konstantinos I

dismissed"

The Colonel then refolded the letter and stuffed it in his brest pocket. He tried to imagine what to expect from the Albanians but after the speach all he could picture was a calvary rider of the Mongol Horde charging his line. He decided he would find out soon enough. The thought was driven from his mind when he heard the call for dinner.

I was really upset when I read about the Albanians, hope you whack them :D

Please note I have added a character list on post 1
Judge:Time to whack away:D
November 26, 1914
Vlore

Alexander dug his face in the dirt. He carefully considered the mistakes his comrades had made a month ago in the battle of Tirana. The paper called it a success but hundreds had died. Now they were north of Vlore and the artillery and battleships were pounding with everything they had.

The artillery suddenly ceased and a whistle blew. His mouth went dry. He stood up with the rest of his comrades and rushed towards the Albanian position. All at once all hell broke loose and his friends began to hit the dirt, permanently. The fire was centered on his direct area so he continued to run foward.

He hopped into the hastily built Albanian trenches and a firce melee insued. After several bloody minutes the Albanians climbed out of the trenches and charged back into the town.

Alexander and the rest of the men followed them the next several hours were spent going house to house fighting the survivors. But by evening the Albanians were surrendering in great masses. With only a couple hundred casualties.

November 29, 1914

King Konstantinos grinned at the map of Albania. Breakthroughs had been made in Vlore and Corovode. The Albanians were surrendering all the time with over 9,000 captured and more flowing into PoW camps all the time. The entire northern front was left open for the Royal Army to occupy and soon all of Albania would be incorporated into the Greek Empire. With victory assured what next. Montenegro perhaps? Time would tell...
Christmas Day 1914

Christopher rode on the top of the battleship Kilkis flagship for the entire Greek Fleet. He peered through his field glasses over the city of Vlore. he could barley makeout the Greek flag over the city. He then walked to the ther side of the crows nest and peered out over the ocean. Youhad to be careful now with a war on. This wasn't international waters but an Austrian or British ship might stumble into your territory mistake you for an enemy and fire on you.

Through the dense fog he could see little and was satisfied there were no ships on the prowl at least for now. He then looked down at his watch 6:11 now relizing his shift had been over for more then ten minutes after sitting out there all night he began to climb down and prepare to go to sleep. After such a long day he needed it. He was to cold and tired to eat, so he just lay down in his bunk and fell asleep.

Nice start as I can see ! For fighting in those albanian mountains must be quite a desagreement ! Hope you'll go far !

Febuary 22, 1915
Shkoder, Albania (Greek state)

Konstantinos looked the news paper. The Headline was about a grea SErbian victory over Austria. Albania's annexation only ten days ld had already fallen off of the first page with news of the war. THings were falling back to the way they used to be.

"No, we must never go back to the way things were, we are a new Greece."

"Sir?"--The aide had been daydreaming

"Nothing, when will ou new guard division be completed, and how soon can we have our boys flooding across Montenegro's border?"--Konstantinos inquired

"Sir, they guards will be finished with recruitment and training by April at the latest. and we can wire them a message and be in their capital before they can turn around."--The aide looked hopeful of the coming war.

"Yes well Podgorica is only a stones throw from Shkoder. Now the navy has already loaded several thousand of the 2. Division onto transport and they will land at Budva and drive north-east and flank the Montenegrian army while the rest of the Royal Army comes at them from the south. This war won't be any problem..."--Konstantinos
March 12, 1915
Several Miles short of Podgorica

As Alexander and his comrades tried to dig a trench Konstantinos was up in the HQ looking at maps eating like the King he didn't deserve to be. THey hadn't even been at peace for two weeks. The Germans had just signed a white peace with the Belgians. At least they were making peace, the King was looking for ways to kill the peace.

The thought was interrupted when several shells landed nearby. This is the first time the enemy had artillery and he didn't like it one bit. The Montenegrian army was only 1,200 men but they fought harder then any Albanian or Greek for that matter could ever hope.

The troops landing at Budva had gotten stalled only several miles from the beachead and the navy was not do very well to try to dislodge them several times bombarding Greek troops.

Another bunch of shells landed very close.

"Damn, how the hell are we supposed to take that ridge with this artillery coming down on us. And god know the Montenegrians are better fighters. How the heck can we take em'."--Alexander

The colonel of the regiment had heard them talking
"We just have to swarm em'. We have 30,000 men compared to their 1,200 it may not be pretty but we outnumber them 25 to 1 and swarming over them seems like a effective plan."--Colonel

"If that damned idiot Konstantinos ever declares war on Austria what then? What then eh'. They outnmber us, they have better weapons, and after fighting Russia and Serbia they have to be better soldiers then us. What then eh'."--Alexander then relized he had been talking to a Colonel totally disrespecting his rank. He wondered what punishment awaited him.

He didn't have to wait long because after several seconds the Greek fire ceased. Time to go over the top. As they climbed out an aritllery shell landed into the trench blowing up 15 or 20 men. THe Montenegrians held their fire. They were within close range of the enemy trench and still nothing. All at once the enemy opened fire and men went down by the dozen...

Now only several feet from the trench he hopped down and charged at the men working the machine gun but several Montenegrians charged at him. Two from either side. As he brought his gun up to his shoulder. he felt a sharp pain in his back and a heard a gunshot. As he began to topple over a bayonet hit him in the stomach and he lay slumped over against the trench wall while piles of Greeks fought the Montenegrians for a mud hole in the ground. Slowly but surely the Greeks began to win a decisive advantage and the Montenegrians had to pull out. Only then did they notice their comrade leaning wounded against the trench wall holding his bleeding stomach.

Someone yelled out medic and he blacked out.

Traitor!

You forgot our Ortodox brotherhood and you will be punished!!!

LONG LIVE KING NIKOLA!!

Don't worry I will only war on 1 more Orthodox Power. You see the Orthodox Faith needs a united front in order better defend against the Austrians and Ottomans. But i'm sure they'll thank me when I give the health care reforms that put me in debt and takes years to claw out of.:D

First of all I want to express my astonishment when I realized you were writing a new AAR based on Greece :D Very interesting idea, Greece in 1914 scenario while the big brothers are playing their own league. After Montenegro forget Austria, go for Italy, they have beautiful woman and good wine. ;)

i plan to go with this AAR where no man has gone before

I'll tell you if you promise to keep a secret
<everyone nods>

Well alright when the game re....<briefly interrupted>

All right you gotta promise not to tell anyone!

hopefully an update tonight

Alexander awoke and immediantly tried to sit up as if he'd just woke up from a nightmare. Pains in his chest and back made him sit back i his bed. After several moments the pain had become tolerable and he began to look around. He picked up a nearby newspaper.

"Nurse! NURSE!,"he yelled in no paticular direction "a nurse came over to him "Can you read this to me"

Greek Victory in Podgoria 16.3.2003

somme.jpg

Yestaurday Greek forces acheived a breakthrough against Montenegrian forces just south of Podgorica. As the retreat broke into a rout later in the day the forces from the west arrived on the scene finally shattering any further resisitence the Montengrians could offer.

Greek King Konstantinos has traveled to Montenegro in order to create a peace agreement. Celebrations have delayed Greek troops more then the enemy has, one soldier reports.

"Thats enough, thank you ma'am,"--Alexander slumped a little over in his bed.
"Propaganda...thats what it is propaganda. next thing they will say is the Austrians celebrating the Russians driving deeper into their nation." He was still angry but to tired to move and exhausted, he fell asleep despite the moans of the men in the other room.

Hope you will be able to negotiate a nice peace agreement, perhaps annex them, is that possible? :)