• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(21896)

Private
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
(Normal/Furious/fog of war off for display purposes)

Chapter One: Humble beginnings.

President Jackson rose out of his sheets after a long rest the night before. “That was quite the gathering last night” spoke Jackson as he felt his hangover from the white house celebration the night before. The celebration was the passage through congress of the homeland construction bill. “Sixty years of independence and finally now we are doing something about our economic situation.” Jackson had planned for a complete industrial explosion for the united states, as he saw that an economy could propel the United States to be the greatest world power known. He called his aid in with political and economic maps of the united states.

http://people.emich.edu/mcaldwel/USA AAR/USA start 1836 political.jpg

http://people.emich.edu/mcaldwel/USA AAR/USA start 1836 structure.jpg

Jackson saw that the United States had one main rail line running from Washington to Boston, Mass. And a southern rail line just started in Charleston, South Carolina. “Our first priority is to build cement and steel factories, we need to build a strong rail network across the whole of the united states, and for that we are going to need all the steel and cement we can get our hands on”.

Lumber was another issue, Jackson thought it not necessarry to build a a lumber mill at this time as we already have two, when ready, Jackson wishes to expand the his two steel and lumber factories.

It will take a year for these factories to be contstructed. In the meantime, Jackson was troubled by the US budget. We were losing 100 dollars (dollars to fit with story) a day, “how could our country stay afloat?” Jackson wanted to avoid going into tens of thousands of dollars worth of debt.

The budget for Education and Crime had to be lowered in order to keep the budget under -100$ per day. Jackson called in his trade advisor and asked what is the import/export situation. jackson sought to revitalize and strengthen our exports, have america become a producer. Jackson sold everything he didnt need, artillery, explosives, everything. This gave the country enough cash to afford the construction of new factories around the country. The first new railroad constructed under the homeland constuction bill was this month in Mannassas, extending the railroad into Virginia! The US Congress admitted michigan as the 26th state of the union this year. By january 15th, We were making 35.5$ a day.

Currently Researching: Market Structure

Budget Statistics as of Jan 15th, 1836
Taxes all at 50% (max)
Education at 100%
Crime at 20%
Defense at 20% (min)
Army & Navy Matienence 100%
Loans: 4400$
Income: 253
Expenses: 218

Construction for Jan. 1836

Fabric Factory in Missorui - clippers and clothes
Fabric Factory in Alabama
Glass Factory in Georga ->for liquor distilleries
Regular Clothes Factory -> upgrading pops
Cement Factory in Maryland
Cement Factory in Michigan (Granted Statehood)
Steel Factory in Indiana

1836 Statistics
Population: 15,713,000
http://people.emich.edu/mcaldwel/USA AAR/USA Start pop statistics.jpg

(I increased the speed of the simulation as I ran out of machine parts to build factories and I was waiting for my Factories to build.)

During the month of febuary. The dutch errupted into a civil war with The Netherlands invading Belgium. From my best understanding the war looked like a draw to me. The netherlands offered a semi-reconition of the Belgian government, making them a satillite of The Netherlands! (The Netherlans having the most industrialized nation of the time as a satillite? wow)

Also in the month of Febuary, Texas offered the United States a Military Alliance against Mexico. The united States was in no position to accept such an offer for these reasons:
1. The budget was barely balanced, Didnt want to increase my military spending and offset my budget (lower my education).
2. Our military could only delay the inevitable, Mexico was sending 50,000 troops roughly into texas, we could only commit 20,000.
3. Im waiting for the event (texas asks for statehood)

Texans invade Corpus Christi on the 23rd of Febuary. The Army of the south under General Scott march to observe the situation along with the Army of obseration already in place along with the Mexican Squadron, consisting of the USS John Adams and the USS United States, both frigates, anchored off the coast of Corpus Christi.

http://people.emich.edu/mcaldwel/USA AAR/MexicanTexas feb23rd 1836.jpg

We are in an election year! Here is the United States Politcal Info. Andrew Jackson is seeking re-election (not going historical, but with what party wins) and it is looking like he will be re-elected.

http://people.emich.edu/mcaldwel/USA AAR/USA 1836 Poltical Information

(accelerated as nothing much happened)
March 13: Kentcuky held slavery debates, They unraveled into fistfights!

April 5th: Hardly improved relations with GB, now at +29

April 17th: Barely improved relations with france, now at +39

May 1st: Political Scandal in Michigan!, 50% of the population saw a +1 increase in their militancy!

May 20th: 50,000 Mexican troops under General Cos retake San Antonio and Corpus Christi. No other Mexican advances. Texas hard pressed to stop the Mexican advance

July 17th: Religious debate in Indiana, Religion is private not public won the day. (50% of pop make secularism most important issue)

September 1: Farmers rose up in demonstration, Jackson ordered the farmers imprisoned by the army. Saving the government 5,000$

Not much hope for Texas, only 12,000 Texans for 55,000 Mexicans

September 26th: Superior crew thesis, +10 MaxOrg to MW/FR

Oct 9th: Jominian Atitude, Ground forces +20 Max Morale

Oct 17th: Liberal Proffessor stirs up liberals in massachucess, +1 conciousness for clerks and Captialists

November 26th: Andrew Jackson Re-elected on liberal ticket.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 1, 1837.
#14 - Independant Nation

Statistics for 1837
Population: 16,520,000
4 Prestiege/ Rank 21
68 Industry/ Rank 8
17 Military/ Rank 6

Biggest Exports: Coal, Grain, Timber

No territorial, social, or political changes

Same basic budget

Last edited:
so many random events..... is it just cause US is so big they get more (scaled)?

Finally an American AAR, that's sweet.

But Jackson was a Democrat and what you've put forth is a Whig program emphasizing internal improvements and industrialization which he would have surely vetoed.

EDIT: Secularism! That's absurd! America has just come out of the Second Great Awakening which turned the South into the Bible belt, and sparked numerous reform movements. Including reform of prisons and asylums, the great movement against alchaholism that cut drinking in half to modern levels, new laws giving property rights to women, reform laws against prostitution to punish male clients as well as the women, and of course the greatest reform movement of all the Abolionist movement.

Last edited:
I know, Im not doing it really historically, the wigs dont even exist right now, and the liberals have a 60/40 majority. Im just using him to describe the story, but yeah, i've gotten alot of random events so far. you guys like it?

and about secluarism, i know haha, i wanted to mix it up a little.

Chapter Two: 1837

Chapter Two: 1837

January, 1837: All factories that were started in 1836 were finished. The USA recieved 25 new machine parts and Jackson could be heard wipping people in joy. (yes Jackson had a whip) Our Industrial power jumped from 68 to 99 with these new factories in place. Jackson decided that 5 new factories need to be built, to establish a base of resorces to convert pops to craftsman/clerks, and to feul our clipper factories.

Fabric in SC
Furnature in SC
Furnature in VIR
Fabric in NJ
Paper in Penn
Expanded Steel mill in Ohio - There was not enough steel to extend railroads, this needed to change fast, Steel is our only lacking resorce.

To the US government's suprise, Texas recaptured San Antonio & Corpus Christi! The only reason why mexico would lose/give up their territory was a cut back in military funding.

The month of febuary flew by with no activity

On the second of March, we discovered "Market Structure". Jackson decided on "Stock Market" as the governments next research project.

A 4th diplomatic mission to france was also launched in march, though less successful as before and only gained 10 points for a total of +46 with the french governement.

Separation of church and state seems to gel quite well with secularism.

Much fun.

You can't just sit back and let Texas battle Mexico all by itself! Go slap Santa Anna around a bit! :D

When's the next update?

Yea, VIVE LA TEXAS

Go take out Mexico

Morpheous506, Next update is today, Just got on vacation :)

To all who want me to kick the crap out of mexico, texas has 4 provences still and they are at peace with mexico, if mexico delcares war again, it's on :). Mexico usually declares a colonial war in a couple of years so hopefully i will be abile to move west and take their land from them.

My goals right now though, railraods and railraod research everywhere, then an expansion to luxury goods, then with that income, expand the military.

Ooooooo did you say whip???;) He only used that if people were naughty...:D (tis true.) Very good aar! GO KICK SOME MEXICAN ARSE! Who do you have for military leaders and how many men???

Continuation of chapter 2

continuation of chapter 2

On the 27th of April, The HMS Gloria was sighted off the shoreline of New York, they preceded into US waters, and were heading straight for the port of New York. The alarm went out to all Naval Vessels in New York harbor to sail out and meet the british ship. Turns out, the british sent a Envoy to better improve relations with us. The military stood down, the british envoy landed safely in New York and rode the train to Washington. (+10 friendship) total of +57

(thought i'd add some flavor story there)

The month of may saw rail improvements in the south and northwest. by July the US government had over a 100 Dollar a day income. The economy was surely growing, President Jackson saw this as the right time to increase military spending, as a way of detering mexico from daring to threaten Texas. Many anti-Military and pacifists in the country were very critical of the presidents actions. This brought the budget back into around +50$ a day.

At the end of july, after the army of the south (Under Scott) was brought back to 100% heath, or 20,000 Men, Jackson bowed to political pressure and brought military spending back down to pre-july levels. On the 22nd of september, in a conclusion of strange friendly diplomatic movements from the UK towards us, the UK Guarenteed our independance! Most Americans are suspicious of this declaration and just feel as if it's just another attempt by the UK to bring us back under their empire. The US Government assured the population that we would fight england if she brought her might upon us to take our lands.

With an improved economy and military, Immigrents were flowing into the country at an unprecedented level! As much as 5% was reported in mannasas!. This workers are greatly welcomed to boulster our economy even more. Rail was expanded in richmond and harrisburg and things were looking bright.

About a week into october, Mexico declared war on Texas again. Our diplomats were on missions in europe and thus we had no play in the affair other then to outrightly declare war on mexico, which president jackson would not accept, the military was not in a position to fight off the Mexicans, as soon as diplomats became available the Army of the South will be sent as an expeditionary force to Texas.

Withonly a force of 8,000 Irregular troops, texas could not hold out for more then a month at best and this greatly worked the US Government. Though we didnt want an outright war with mexico, we wanted texas, the situation looked grim and debates on cutting back our economic spending to fuel a possible war effort were hopping up all over the country.

President Jackson was eating dinner at the white house as a courier with an emergency message arrived in the room. The man looked as though he'd been through hell. Soaking wet, barely able to stand up from fatigue, he presiented the president with a half way salute and colapsed on the ground. Jackson sent for an aid to help the man as he read the letter, Mexico had stopped it's invasion in only two weeks of declaring war! they demanded lubbock as part of their peace agreement which Texas accepted. Jackson was quite confused, he passed the message on to his aids and sat back down in his chair. "Mexico could have easily annexed Texas, are they afraid that we will react? More importantly are they afraid of us?" Jackson retired to his bedroom and he wasnt seen for the rest of the night.

In other news, On Dec. 17th Guatamala declared independance From the United States of Central America.

http://people.emich.edu/mcaldwel/USA AAR/Rebelions in USCA.jpg

Thus ended the year 1837. Here are my statistics as of Jan 20th, 1838, with poltical screenshots. (I traded texas "Market Stucture for the territory of badger, making Oklahoma territory ours, we granted oklahoma colony statis on the 20th.

http://people.emich.edu/mcaldwel/USA AAR/Poltical map 1838.jpg

http://people.emich.edu/mcaldwel/USA AAR/inf map 1838.jpg

Stats as of Jan 20th, 1838.
Population: 18,074,000
Prestiege: 68 Rank: 16th
Industrial Power: 88 Rank: 8
Military Power 17 Rank: 8

Last edited:
Chatper 3:1838-1840

Chapter 3: Continuing Economic Growth and Independence.

(Here's a look at my budget and Political Situation)

Taxes: 50%
Importing: Dye (reg. clothes factories)
Education: 100%
Crime: 25%
Defense Spending: 20%
Armed Forces Mainttenance: 50%
Tarrif: 10%
+30$ income a day. (rose education spending)

Voting Weath
87.1% Liberal
12.9% Conservative
Entire Population
67.2 Liberal
32.8% Conservative
0.01% Anarco-Liberal
Dominant Issue: Pacifism (49.4%)
Secondary Issue: Secularism/ Anti Military (20.1/19.8%)

Feb 1st. France Joins egypt in the Second Oriental Crisis. With European powers declaring war left and right over OTT?EGY, The US has become the 4th Greatest Power! (other power's loss in prestiege in declaring war)

The southern rail line was improved into North Carolina and the Factories from 1837 were complete.

I have three goals for the next couple of years:

Produce Luxury Goods - Artillery, Explosives, Luxury Goods
Expand Rail to all of US
Build up the Army to take on Mexico

In January, Egypt and The Ottomans go to war over Syria. England and Prussia Back the Ottomans.

I love your AAR but due to your location your one of "Them people up north" :D (NO, I'm not a southerner. But I am south of him)