• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(18239)

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas
Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
A 21st century school-boy opens his schoolbook “general history of Europe 450-1500” during his history-class.
“Eastern Europe and Asia-minor during the end of the middle ages” the particular chapter, now being treated by the teacher is headed.

“I like to tell you about the history of the Turks and Orthodoxy, the way in which two religions classed around the Black-sea and the outcome of it.”

The book read;
“Between 700 and 800 the newly developed Muslim religion classed with the Byzantine empire. During the next 400 years clashes appeared more often then not and slowly but surely the Byzantines where pushed back towards their capital and the Bosporus.
Then, in 1150 a new wave of population spread around the Arabic countries and trough their skill in the art of war became the Arabic soldiery class.
From them the Ottoman, Sheep Turk and Mameluk empires sprang.
By 1400 The Ottomans had taken over much of Asia minor, the Sheep Turks to their east spread ever more and the Egyptian based Mameluks spread trough Africa.
The Muslim faith spread and spread and must surely be bound to reach Vienna during a certain time.
The first half of the 15th century saw the capture of most of the Balkan and even Constantinople fell. The Ottomans where imminent to capture the entire east of Christianity and undo the work of Charles Martel in the west.
But then a little kingdom, Armenia stabbed them in the side and charged them from the north in a struggle for their religion of Orthodoxy, in so doing halt the destructive Muslim machine of war……..

Last edited:
Fine start. Be careful of those turks: the ottomans, the black sheeps, the white sheeps and the others!

:D

Ah, the Quara.

More on Armenia will come soon....

Originally posted by ladyfabia
Hmm..the black sheep.
Have you seen the real black sheep?
I haven't and that's why I like calling them The Goat :D

Then you obviously do not have much experience with sheep :D Trust me. Sheep can be black.

I shall let them run like.......

A nice start, SM....looking forward to seeing Orthodoxy return to the Asia Minor!

You really fooled be to believe that I was following a history-lesson, at least for some time. :p

Armenia is surely an interesting minor, during the 12th century it consisted of the EU provinces of Adana, Sivas and Kurdistan as well as "Armenia".

Really hope that you'll kick some heathen-asses! :D

Armenia - first nation to convert to Christianity.

I look forward to much sheep-shearing ;)

Armenia rulez,

Yesterday I played the first few years,
the post will come today (I hope).

I already kicked some ass and shaved a little sheep and pulled some moghuls from their horses.

And my Georgian ally is so good.
Orthodoxy forever.

You really fooled be to believe that I was following a history-lesson, at least for some time.

Armenia is surely an interesting minor, during the 12th century it consisted of the EU provinces of Adana, Sivas and Kurdistan as well as "Armenia".

Really hope that you'll kick some heathen-asses!

Did I fool you....? :rolleyes:

I will get those provinces and get them soon. But first I had to go north a bit.

I hope to have posted iit within an hour or one and a half. Otherwise it will be only thursday.

Chapter 1~ the making of a nation

The beat of drums echoed trough the Kurdish city of Bitlis, Capital of Ak Koyunlu. A long row of a hundred and fifty prisoners walked at the point of the poleaxe. Pushed trough the streets, beaten trough allies and finally kicked on to the major square in front of the great mosque. The square was filled and streets adjacent where crowded all the more. On the centre, in the middle of the square a large wooden scaffold was built. Seven different executioners stood in a circle all of them holding aloft an enormous bloodstained axe.

The spectacle was about to start and the noise of the crowd, screams and yells, raised back and fort trough the city’s centre. When the long row of prisoners came to a halt in front of their executioners the patriarch mounted the scaffold. All fell silent except for the sobbing of a few of the prisoners, a scream and then total silence.

The patriarch started by scraping his throat, a little coach and then; “Men and women all assembled. Behold those raged men before you, they are your countrymen, they are your fellows. They even could be your friends. But they are, they aren’t anymore.
They have forsaken us, they have forsaken our holy country, their country and more important, they have forsaken their holy religion. For this insult they will die. “
Then he fell silent again and descended the scaffold followed by three armed men.
The drums rattled again and reached a crescendo before falling away entirely. The new silence was broken by the blasts of two trumpets. The sounded for ten seconds. And then the blood started to flow.

It was the third of October 1418.