• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(18239)

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas
Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Within a year the Aztec empire was subdued and trampled into the ground, Croatia had become a large colonial empire. But still Atlantis had not been found.

It is somewhere in the early 1640's Croatia has grown out from a one province minor to a large slavonic empire spreading from Thrace to Krain and incorporating Louisiana and the Aztecs. (as depicted in my Croatia AAR.)

From this point I will split the AAR into two diferent ones. One of them will be a snatch for World conquest while the other will stay historical.

So soon to come.
The Croatian world conquest.

Yeah men, I tell you there is an AAR and you just imagine there is and read the best AAR you have ever read straight out of your mind.

I had planed to labour on my Croatia game left in 1652 and conquer the world swiftly.

And so I played yesterday. To be honest it all gave me a lot more trouble then I had expected. At the outset I just DOW'd Spain and Portugal to grab a few of their colonies in which I succeeded only partialy, and next to this my invasion of Spain was beaten back into the sea. Great. After four years of war I only conquered Sardinia and gained it in the peace.

Well, that is what I call World conquest.

So my next step where the Navaho's. i ordered 10.000 men to the north and invaded their territory. *(land tech 17 v.s -2)
20.000 indians had gathered themselves for a welcome party and they, almost threw my army back, slaughtering them until there where only 2.000 left. Fortunately they ate dust themselves.

It took my another three years and 25.000 men of whom 15.000 perished to conwuer all four Navaho provicnes. WHooo!

So after those first two failures I gathred myself and looked for another oppurtunity. And there it was. Perisa had conquered all of minor Asia (from me) and I would therow them back.
During the previous Navaho war I had build some 40.000 men in Thrace and now they simply crossed the Bosporus and besieged the first enemy province while my 15.000 men in Aleppo attacked eastwards.

Smyrna, Anatolia, Konya and Kastmanou easily fell while my ally Genoa attacked on their front.
Meanwhile 36.000 Persians attacked my Alleppo army and slaughtered them. Great!

Two years later Knoya, Smyrna, Anatolia and Kastmanou went to the Croats.

After a three month reorganization we declare war on the Mameluks just days before our causus belli expires.

Their two remaining minor Asia provinces are swiftly besieged while our Samaria garrison marches northwards into Lebanon. In Thrace a large army and fleet are assambled to strike at the Mameluks Egyptian heartlands.

18 months later we poses Delta, Lebanon and all of minor Asia and recieve those provinces in a peace treaty.

The war to the east has been fruitfull, giving us a total of 8 provinces with a trade center amongst them.

Four wars and fifteen years have passed. Seventeen rovicnes have been inherited into the Croatian empire. Altough it is a start I do not witness it as a good start. We have to speed up our conquest. Prepare to fight at two fronts at a time and still maintain our stability trough force.

Luckyly the BB wars have not started yet so I might have a little space of time before the entire world falls upon our heads.

Maybe our new Russian neighbour (who just conquered Ukraine and vassalized Moldavia) might be our next target before we turn again on the Persians and Mameluks.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was playing my WC game as Croatia and totaally failed when I was already at war for some four years with the Pope when an enormous alliance of a massive Russia, Poland-Lithaunia, Prusia-Brandenburg, Austria, Venice and Genoa declare war on me.

For a time I hold out but then my armies crumble under the pressure and my heartland is overrun.

After four more years of war all my new gaines revolted swiftly, all my American possesions walked away swiftly followed by my Asian possesion.

And so I failed in my WC.

Originally posted by Singleton Mosby
Yesterday I was playing my WC game as Croatia and totaally failed when I was already at war for some four years with the Pope when an enormous alliance of a massive Russia, Poland-Lithaunia, Prusia-Brandenburg, Austria, Venice and Genoa declare war on me.

For a time I hold out but then my armies crumble under the pressure and my heartland is overrun.

After four more years of war all my new gaines revolted swiftly, all my American possesions walked away swiftly followed by my Asian possesion.

And so I failed in my WC.

When you are attacked by a massive alliance, and you have a good income (owning the Aztecs should get you quite far) you should immediately offer the alliance leader a peace offer 51% over the war score (1300 gold should do the trick immediately after the DoW). That`ll give you 5 years of peace with them, which you can use to trash some small nations or break up the enemy alliance. This is a lot cheaper than letting their armies run over you and letting rebels wreck your overseas possessions.

It's a shame it all turned to dust...perhaps you should have given away a quick province or two to the leader of the alliance against you to get a quick peace and a chance to rebuild...

Well, the problem was the Dow's kept streaming in one after another. There where so many enemies I was unable to concentrate on them. And then there was the regular instability of a tree-religion empire.

To bad. But I still hae the savegame from which I started so maybe something for the future.