• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(2970)

Emperatore Daciae
Apr 13, 2001
I hope you will find interesting to read my first AAR. :)

Game Settings: IGC (v1.9) - Very Hard/Aggressive, Random & Historical Events, No Missions, Free Ireland, Free Brittany and Spanish/Austrian Lowlands. Turkey is not a major.

Persia. Part I: 1492 - 1497

Year 1492

Great turmoil in our country, previous wars expanded our territory by annexing Iraq, Armenia and other small city-countries, like Samarkand, but now stability is low [-3] and we have provinces with three different religions. Most of the provinces are Shiite - our official state religion, but Armenia is Orthodox and 4 provinces are Sunni [Iraq, Kirkuk, Kurdistant and Karakum]. Receiving reports from province khans, we saw an alarming high revolt risk in Orthodox and Sunni provinces. Reporting this to our monarch, Rustum, he replied to me [The High Vizier of Persia] that we couldn't afford religious revolts in our country when our neighbours hate us and are powerful enough to get our nation on the knees. We decide to raise our tolerance for these heretics, for time being, as we have other more important things to deal with.

In a private meeting with Court Foreign Advisor, I have learned that Turkey has grown to a mighty country with huge armies and ambitious generals looking at the neighbours, like predators at their prey. And the worst thing is that Turkey hates us very much [rel. -200]. Also Uzbeks hate us very much [rel. -200]. Our other neighbours, Oman and Crimea are also our enemies, but they will be not the first to strike on us [rel. -120 & -100], while Mameluks, The Hedjas, Astrakhan and Georgia are neutral to Persia [rel. -60] and no friends at all.

Financial Advisor brings also not a pleasent report - inflation at 10% and our treasury is only 200 ducats. He is quick to assure me that with stability going up our income will grow, both from taxes and from our gold mine in Armenia. But for myself I think, "This gold mine will also increase the inflation, that is already high". Taking into consideration the political instability in Persia, I order the Financial Advisor that starting from today all monthly income to the treasure to be spent on improving life conditions in our country and organisation of various celebrations. I dismiss the Financial Advisor, so that I can think on the options our nation has.

Military Advisor has better news for me - we have 3 armies, totalling 85 000 soldiers:
- Royal Persian Army under col. Kairwan [20k/30k] in Persis;
- Tabriz Army / col. Husein [10k/15k] in Azerbadjzan; and
- Persian Expedition Corps / col. Fayoum [5k/5k] in Balucht.

Today I decide how to spend the 200d we have at our disposal. Karakum province borders the aggressive Uzbeks and its city, Samarkand, does not have even a minimal fortress, so the construction of one is ordered [110d]. Some 55d are spent on promoting a Tax Collector in our capital province, Isfahan.

Jan.1: Col. Husein is ordered to move Tabriz Army to Kurdistan, to calm any Sunni rebels in province or Orthodox in neighbouring Armenia. Also he is instructed to watch over the 21k Turkish army, stationed in Sivas province.
Col. Fayoum with Persian Expedition Corps is sent to our colony in Baluchistan [level 3] to prevent the extremely aggressive natives [-9] from massacring our colonists.
Col. Wessera is given command of Persis Regiment [10k/15k], detached from Royal Persian Army and he is ordered to relocate to Elbruz province until the fortress in Karakum is ready, where he will move next year. He is instructed to guard Uzbek border and Sunni rebels in Samarkand.
Col. Kairwan with the Royal Persian Army [10k/15k] will move into the province of Kirkuk, where the local Sunni heretics might rebel, as well as in other nearby province of Iraq. Colonel Kairwan will send scouts over the Mameluks' and Hedjas' borders; because even they are neutral towards us we cannot trust them.

Jan.27: Tabriz Army has arrived in Kurdistan and Persis Regiment in Elbruz. In the same day col. Husein from its garrison in Kurdistan informed me that Turkey decided to move its 21k army from Sivas to unknown direction, but most probably to Southern Europe. It can mean that for now Persia is of no interest to Turkey.

Mar.1: Our Foreign Advisor has brought to my attention that Muslim State of Granada in the south of Iberian Peninsula was annexed by Spain - the end of the Moorish Expansion in Europe.

Mar.11: Persian Expedition Corps arrived in Baluchistan, where in the same day were attacked by natives. Our Corps [4670 / 4934] in only 5 days completely annihilated the native army [1000 / 1000], taking only 67 foot and 13 cavalry losses. Because of the harsh weather conditions and insufficient food for our horses in Baluchistan, col. Fayoum ordered his regiment to relocate to the Hormouz province.

Mar.23: Turkey declared war on Mameluks. In this war both are standing alone. Appears to be a good opportunity to strike on Turkey, as its armies will be busy fighting the Mameluks. Moreover, we will be helping our only Shiite brothers. Only the low stability in Persia and still high revolt risk in the national provinces are stopping us from interfering in this war. But our time will come.

May 8: Persian Expeditionary Corps arrived in Hormouz, where the recruitment and training of 1000 footmen was started.

May 19: England declared war on Scotland, only Milan joined to support England, but I do not know how, maybe in spirit. Spain dishonoured the alliance, most probably still licking its wounds from the last Moorish war.

Jun.27: Mameluks invaded Sivas province, but their 5k army was beaten by an inferior Turkish army and was forced to retreat to Mameluk territory.

Jul.4: A Turkish army of 21k invades Aleppo and on the same day an assault to the fortress was commanded.

Aug.10: Aleppo is conquered in one assault and the Turks move to Syria, where later a small skirmish with Mameluks is won and a siege on the fortress is laid.

Sep.22: Russia declared war on Kazan. All its allies [Denmark, Crimea, Ryazan, Pskov] joined the war, but Crimeans will be only watchers, as they do not border Russia or Kazan to be of any help.

Oct.5: Another Turkish army of 70k marches through Aleppo to Syria for assistance to already besieging Turkish army. Legendary Turkish general, Sinan, leads this reinforcement.
Because Syria province cannot support an army of 91k men, very soon some 20k died from attrition. What a waste.

Dec.1: Turkish army in Syria is counting only 53k men, but the fortress seems to be falling apart.

Year 1493

Tax 91d. A tax collector is appointed in Persis, he second richest Persian province after Isfahan. 1000 footmen are trained in Hormouz for the Persian Expedition Corps. Also 1000 foot are trained for Tabriz Army and 1000 for Royal Persian Army.

Jan.1: Mameluk army of 22k men under the command of their monarch, Al Kansur, tries to liberate Aleppo. Besieging Turkish army in Syria is now at 41k.

Jan.30: Poland-Lithuania declared war upon the Teutonic Order. Also join Spain and Moldova. Teutonic knights are supported by Prussia.

Feb.19: We send our first diplomat to Al Kansur to arrange a Marriage between our royal families, he agrees [rel. up from -60 to -45].

Mar.6: Austria with Hungary declared war on Teutonic Order and Prussia. It is not clear to us what reasons Austria had and how do they plan to attack - they do not border the Teutons.

Mar.20: Turkey now controls Syria and its depleted 34k army (these Turks do not have any respect for their soldiers) is on the move again.

Apr.26: Aleppo is liberated, but Turkish armies capturing defenceless Lebanon is moving towards Aleppo, while Mameluks move to free Syria.

Jun.3: Turkish and Mameluk armies, without meeting, laid sieges to Aleppo and Syria, respectively. Sinan in Aleppo received reinforcements.

Sep.6: Prussia bought with 178d a peace treaty from Moldova.
Sep.20: Denmark decided to end his war against Kazan in return of 107d.

Oct.20: Syria is liberated and the Mameluks, reinforced up to 43k, move to relieve the besieged Aleppo, liberating on the way Lebanon.

Nov.3: Aleppo falls for the second time.

Nov.10: Poland-Lithuania capturing Prussia decided to annex it.

Year 1494

Tax 92d. The Bailiff of Tabriz is promoted to Tax Collector. 1000 foot recruited for Tabriz Army and 1000 for Royal Persian Army.

Jan.16: Fortress in Karakum is ready and Persis Regiment relocates to this province.

Feb.1: After sharing our explorations with Poland-Lithuania, we have learned about British Islands and Scandinavian Peninsula. But the Poles rejected our wish to join their alliance with Spain, Moldova and Mameluks.

Feb.14: Teutonic Order cedes Kurland to Moldova and peace is signed between them.

Apr.2: What a surprise! – Poland-Lithuania invites us to their alliance. What made them to change their mind? [rel. is up to +54] A strong anti-Turk alliance is formed.

Apr.22: Kazan pays 207d to Russia and their war is over.

Jul.4: Austria signed a return to Status Quo with Teutons.

Nov.1: Persis revolts, population is not too happy with a Tax Collector. Persian Expedition Corps are sent to stop the rebellion before the fortress falls.

Dec.15: Col. Fayoum [6043 / 4809] is defeated by the rebels [2024 / 4273], also taking heavy losses. For the dishonour inflicted upon Persian army, our monarch orders to behead the colonel.

Year 1495

Tax 81d. We appoint a tax collector in Iraq. 2000 footmen recruits are trained in Elbruz, where the remnants of the Persian Expeditionary Corps are retreating.

Jan.1: Persis Regiment is sent from Karakum to finish what Fayoum was not able to do.

Mar.3: Very strange outcome to the Turk-Mameluk War. Even holding 3 Mameluk provinces and besieging Cairo (Mameluk capital), Turkey pays 137d to the Mameluks and the peace is restored.

Mar.7: Persis Regiment taking high losses [4500 foot and 500 cavalry] ends the rebellion and is sent back to its barracks in Karakum, while Persian Expedition Corps [3279 / 3856] are sent to Persis to guard against future revolts.

Jun.1: Teutonic Order paid 117d to the Poles to end their aggression.

Oct.17: Manuel I is the new King of Portugal.

Year 1496

Tax 82d. Persis province is still looted from the last rebellion. A tax collector is appointed in Hormouz. 3000 footmen are trained in Persis. And we send our first merchant to Centre of Trade in Isfahan to increase the presence of other 3 Persian merchants.

Jan.14: Pommerania [Hanseatic League, Holstein, Portugal and Teutonic Order] declared war upon Poland-Lithuania. The Poles are in big trouble. Maybe as a relief will be the assistance of Spain, Mameluks and Persia (but we do not plan any military actions – we are too far from the theatre of war). Moldova declined to assist its ally, mainly concerned for the safety of its newly conquered province – Kurland.

Feb.3: Our merchant expanded the trade in Isfahan.

Feb.12: Algiers declared war on Pommerania. They have a long journey to the Baltic Sea from the coast of the Northern Africa, but most probably they will battle only Pommerania's allies.

Feb.27: A resolution of England-Scotland conflict: Yorkshire goes to Scots.

Apr.19: Poles are besieging Teutonic capital – Dorpat, while a 5k Teutonic army besieges the Welikia fortress. Pommeranians besiege Western Prussia.

Jun.15: First resolution in our war: Portugal pays 170d and transfers the ownership of Oporto province to Spain.

Jul.29: Portugal having enough thrills from this war, asks Poland-Lithuania for a white peace. Conditions are accepted.

Aug.1: We have researched the methods of producing artillery units [Land Tech 3: Field Artillery].

Oct.4: Crimea [Russia, Denmark] declared war on Golden Horde [Astrakhan]. We think the battles will be fought on the Crimean border.

Oct.6: France declared war upon England and Milan had the guts to support England in this unequal conflict, as on France's side are Savoy, Papal States, Brittany, Navarra and Lorraine.

Year 1497

Tax 94d. A tax collector is appointed in Basrah. 1000 footmen are trained for Tabriz Army and 1000 footmen for Royal Persian Army. A merchant is sent to the CoT in Isfahan.

Jan.1: Rustum pasts away and Murad is our new monarch.

Feb.15: Welikia is controlled by the Teutons. The merchant we sent to the CoT in Isfahan simply took our money and disappeared on its way to Isfahan.

May 5: Teutons captured Tula, but our ally is doing nothing to stop the germans.

May 15: Milan is captured and later in the day annexed by France.

Jul.19: Understanding the mistake it committed, Crimea pays 16d to Golden Horde and peace is re-established.

Oct.29: White peace is signed between Algiers and Pommerania. Algiers finally understood that this war would not bring it any glory or conquests.

Last edited:
I agree whit Hartmann, nice AAR. Keep it coming!

Stability

Originally posted by Hartmann
Nice and detailed. Keep it going! :)

Hartmann

Btw what is Your stability by now? Still -3?

Hartmann, The Danish King,

Thanks for encouragement, I really apreciate that :)

Regarding stability, in 1497 is already -2. As a result the tax income increased from 82d in 1496 to 94d in 1497.

Thanks again,

Cornelius.

Sorry, if you find any mistakes, English is my second foreign language.

Persia. Part II: 1498 - 1500

Year 1498

Tax 95d. Another tax collector is appointed now in Basrah. Another 1000 footmen are trained for Tabriz Army and 1000 footmen for Royal Persian Army. And another merchant is sent to the CoT in Isfahan.

Feb.-May: Our merchant competed a Turkish merchant from our CoT, what could be better than this? England in a diplomatic move annexes Hannover and Louis XII is the new ruler of France. Pskov became a Russian vassal. The conflict between Spain and Pommerania is resolved with a white peace, leaving the Poles on their own.

The new king, Louis XII, wanting an end to the French-English war, demanded Calais from England in a peace resolution. The Peace Treaty is signed.

Teutonic Order already controls 3 polish provinces and the Western Prussia is controlled by Hanseatic League. Golden Horde, inspired from the victories over Crimeans and supported by Astrakhan, declared war on Kazan.

Jul.25: Another war breaks out. Georgia thinking that Persia might be distracted by the war with Pommerania, declares war on us. We can understand their wish to liberate their Orthodox brothers from Armenia, but I think that their spies forgot to informe Georgian King about the nearby Persian Army - ready to strike when someone threatens Persian borders.

Sep.6 – 22: Tabriz Army [13291 / 14859] commanded by col. Husein invades Georgia province and engaged in combat a small Georgian army [9703 / 941 / 10]. Col. Husein waited until the last cannon stopped bombarding Persian positions and led the Persian cavalry to charge Georgians. Only one charge was enough to completely demoralise Georgian army. We are Victorious! A small regiment [2784 / 3215] is left to besiege Georgia fortress, while the bulk of the Tabriz Army commanded now by col. Anaba will pursue Georgian army of 2654 footmen to Sochi. Col. Husein was severely wounded during the cavalry charge he commanded, and now was let to retire to his estate. Persia will not forget its heroes.

Oct.18 – 28: Tabriz Army [7196 / 10982] has arrived in Sochi and charged the 2500 foot Georgians. Georgians fought like lions, because their capital was behind them. For 10 days and 10 nights Persians and Georgians fought in Sochi Mountains, and even the superior number in foot and cavalry was not enough to bring the second victory for Tabriz Army. Demoralised Persians retreated to Georgia.

Nov.24: Col. Anaba was commanded to move again to Sochi, but with a specific order – to bring victory or die fighting. In the province of Kars is stationed Royal Persian Army, just in case that Turkey will not seat and watch how we fight Georgians, but try to use this opportunity to strike on us.

Dec.20 – 22: Col. Anaba invades Sochi for the second time and attacks the Georgian army. This time he is victorious and wanting to regain honour for himself and his family, he leads the assault on Georgian capital.

Year 1499

Tax 95d. The Bailiff of Awhaz is promoted to a Tax Collector. We ordered our garrison in Azerbadzjan to recruit from local population 3000 foot soldiers. A small regiment [1759 / 1952] is detached from Royal Persian Army and sent to enforce besiegers of Georgia fortress. Col. Minya will still be waiting in Kars with the Royal Persian Army [12k / 13k], even if he wants to prove himself in action. We can only reply to this brave colonel that the time for his army has not came yet.

Jan.-Feb.: Last Georgian warriors are defeated first by our besieging army in Georgia and later completely annihilated in Sochi. To get the Teutons from the war, Poland-Lithuania gave them the control of Polotsk and Welikia provinces, but the Poles will still be fighting Pommerania and Hansa.

Feb.16: Besiegers in Georgia are reinforced and the colonel in charge reports that the fortress will fall in 9 months [-2]. I will believe him when I will see it happened. Assault of Sochi fortress [lvl.2] has failed and it stands very strong [4].

May 19: The defenders of Georgia fortress laid their arms and surrendered. We will spare this fine men, and when Georgia will be annexed, and I think this time will come soon, this mountaineers will be an excellent addition to the Persian armies. Besiegers of Georgia now move to Sochi to speed the conquest of the last Georgian fortress. 3000 foot recruits from Azerbadzjan are also moving to Sochi.

Jun.12 - 15: Poland-Lithuania paid 163d to Pommerania and peace is restored. Besiegers of Georgia arrived in Sochi and soon will arrive Azer recruits. Tabriz Army, now consisting only of cavalry [9324 horsemen], is ordered to retreat to Azerbadzjan, because Anaba's cavalry is useless in assaulting fortresses.

Jul.23: Golden Horde has not been so successful in its war against Kazan and was happy to pay 10d to end the war.

Aug. – Sep.: The war with Georgia is already too long; we have to end it as soon as possible – we are just very lucky for now not to be attacked by anybody else. We decide to use some of our reserves and send a regiment [12k footmen] detached from Royal Persian Army to assault the Sochi fortress.

Oct.30: 12 000 reinforcements arrived in Sochi and an assault was commenced. After taking heavy losses of 4000 in dead or wounded the assault was stopped.

Nov.28: The newly created Georgian Army is completely annihilated by our armies in Sochi.

Year 1500

Tax 96d. Failing two assaults on Sochi fortress and the besieging methods we use are not bringing any results we decide to train in Armenia our first 10 artillery pieces together with 1000 footmen. Another 2000 footmen are recruited in Kars for Royal Persian Army, now 100% consisting of cavalry [13k].

We achieve first breakthrough in the Sochi siege [fortress at 3]. We order another assault on the fortress, which is stopped at the end of January. Inefficient assaults and harsh winter in Sochi Mountains have demoralised our by now depleted army. At the end of February we hardly have under our command in Sochi more than 4500 foot and 3500 cavalry warriors.

Mar.20: We decide that annexation of Georgia is not possible for this time and we send our diplomat to Georgian Court with a peace offer, but demanding Georgia province for ourselves. Our offer is rejected and we continue with our siege of Sochi.

May 1: Our artillery is ready and we move it to Sochi and maybe with its help we will finally take that damn fortress.

Jun.15: What?! – I something misunderstood from the report of our Foreign Relations Advisor, or I was not ready to hear such news: POLAND-LITHUANIA DECLARED WAR ON TURKEY. Very bad timing indeed. The good news is that Turkey has no allies and Spain, Mameluks and Kazan joined the Poles. We enter in war too. Maybe it is not so bad. We revise our forces: Persis Regiment is left on Persian-Uzbek border, Royal Persian Army [mainly cavalry] supported by Tabriz Army [only cavalry] will guard Persia-Turkey border and try to intercept any Turkish intruders. Persian Expeditionary Corps, stationed in Persis, are sent to Sivas to capture its minimally fortified city.

Jul.14: Turkey offered us a white peace, we refuse not wanting to anger our allies.

Aug.14: Turkey also offered a white peace to Poland-Lithuania and they accepted. Why they started this war and only 2 months later sign a white peace, but the Poles are leader of the alliance and we do not dare to ask them. We redirect our Persian Expeditionary Corps to move to Sochi, the war with Georgia becomes too long and expensive.

Oct.23: On their arrival Persian Expeditionary Corps assault the Sochi fortress [now at 1]. The Anaba with his horsemen returned back to Sochi from Georgia province and also joined the assault.

Nov. - Dec.: After two more assaults colonel Anaba on the last day of this year captures Sochi fortress. On the same day we send our diplomat to Georgian King, he has no other choices but to accept the annexation treaty.

Last edited:
Hartmann,
Thanks for the good words.

Originally posted by Cockney
Excelent AAR, I hope to see the Turk getting slapped around in later installments :)

Cockney,
Thanks for reading my AAR, I hope you enjoyed reading my AAR, as I enjoyed your Knights AAR :cool:. Regarding the Turks, wait to see the next part. What do you think about pics? Should I continue to insert them in my next installments?

Cornelius.

Great aar. What's next? Keep kicking Turks while they are down, or take out smaller guys around you (Uzbeks for example)?

Wow! Exceptional job! Expecially for someone for whome English is not your first language. Believe it or not, I failed to notice even the minor mistakes until you yourself pointed it out at the beginning of your second installment! :D

I really like the AAR. Nice, clean style, and great little edited screenshots inserted right into it! Super job!

Hehe....Turkey's in very deep trouble now. :D You've actually managed to out-expand them early on, and they'll be in deep trouble if you can get some of the Balken countries (like Poland) and the Mamelukes to gang up on them. :D

Originally posted by nalivayko
Great aar. What's next? Keep kicking Turks while they are down, or take out smaller guys around you (Uzbeks for example)?

Nalivaiko, Thanks for encouragement :)

And if you do not mind answering my question: Are you our Persian Military Advisor in disguise? You seem to know already Persian military plans :D

Sindai, Thanks to you too for good words and ... for not noticing my minor mistakes :D

Yeah, the Turks are really in deep trouble. In standard game Turks are successful because their neighbour states fight them alone, moreover in my other games Persians even fought Mameluks (the only one Shiite state except Persia).
Now the Turks have to face Mameluks, Persia and Poland-Lithuania fighting together against them.

Hey, but wait for my next installment and you will see what happens to them.

Cornelius.

Last edited:
Persia. Part III: 1501 - 1513

Year 1501

Tax 111d. Annexed Georgian provinces brought a good contribution to our yearly income. Also our citizens are more content [stability +2], working better and in the end paying higher taxes. But not only an additional income, but also 3 fine warships were inherited from Georgians. These warships will form the core of our first fleet: Sochi Fleet.

Jan.1: Col. Anaba is ordered to garrison Tabriz Army [5280 / 0 / 9] in Armenia, where it will be refitted with additional 2000 footmen and 10 cannons. Also for him a recruitment of 2000 footmen is started in Azerbadzjan. Messaud with Sochi Regiment [7081 cavalry] is left in newly conquered provinces to quell any future uprisings.

We send yet another merchant to Isfahan in order to reach the admissible 25% market share.
Aleksander Jagiellonczyk is now ruling the Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth. We send our formal congratulations to the new king.

Peace. Only France is at war against Milan that recently revolted and declared independence. But France can do nothing to re-conquer Milan, it is no more supported by its former ally Savoy, therefore French armies cannot reach Milan.

Feb.1: Our merchant expanded trade in Isfahan and we now have 5 merchants in our Centre of Trade. Until we can find progressive trading techniques, we are not able to gain a monopoly.

May 5: I called the Military Advisor for a report on the status of our armies – Tabriz Army [9097 / 0 / 19] in Armenia; Sochi Regiment [7081 cavalry] in Sochi; Royal Persian Army [20k cavalry] in Kurdistan and Persis Regiment [5973 / 14195] in Karakum. Persian Expedition Corps lost most of its men in the last conflict and the survivors were transferred to Tabriz Army.

Jul.2: Excellent news were brought to me by our Domestic Affairs Advisor – Persia reached full domestic stability [+3]. I call the Financial Advisor and order him to improve our trade level – he should use our monthly income for training merchant in new trading techniques and send them to Venetian and Genovese Trade Academies.

Year 1502

Tax 129d. A tax collector is appointed in Hamad. We recruit 1000 foot warriors and 10 cannons for Tabriz Army.

Our monarch died and a new rule rose to the throne of Persia – Ismael. He is also a good military tactician [3/3/3] and he decided to take command of the Persis Regiment in Karakum on the Persian-Uzbek border. Why he decided on this regiment and not other? Maybe he has something on his mind and is not willing to tell to anyone, even me.

On December 13th, Hungary accepted to become Austrian vassal.

Year 1503

Tax 129d. Looking at the Income Report by Province, I found that the Elbruz province is getting richer and appointing the local Bailiff to a Tax Collector will be an efficient investment. Additional 1000 footmen and 10 cannons are prepared for Tabriz Army.

First results of our budget spending: the first Persian graduates from Venetian Academy returned home and they brought also new ideas to implement in Persian trade practices [trade lvl.2]. Now we will spend all our monthly budget income to send some Persians to study engineering and infrastructure development.

Finally on February 10th, France officially accepted Milan's independence.

Year 1504

Tax 129d. A new fortress is under construction in Elbruz, near the Persian-Uzbek border. Another 1000 footmen are recruited for Tabriz Army.

Our engineers achieved truly remarkable results in such a short time and now they know how to build refineries. Pity that the land in our provinces is not suitable for growing wine grapes and sugar cane, our own refinery would bring additional income to our treasury.

Our military experts from now on have at their disposal all our monthly income to improve fighting methods of our armies and develop new tactics.

Mar.6: Tabriz Army is fully prepared for future wars [12097 / 0 / 39].

Year 1505

Tax 130d. Another fortress is under construction, this time in Mekran province. 1000 infantry is trained in Sochi.

Jun.7: A major war broke up in Europe as Austria [Hungary, Bohemia, Wurtemberg, England and Cologne] declared war upon Venice [Hansa, Pommerania, Holstein, Portugal, Teutonic Order and Brandenburg]. I think Poland-Lithuania might use this opportunity to revenge for its defeats in the previous war and try to regain its territories from Teutonic Order.

Oct.5: Interesting, what diplomatic mistake Eire made, so big, that Scotland declared war on them? Scotland is also supported by France, Brittany, Navarra and Papal States. Eire, being English vassal and not in the same alliance with England, now is alone. And according to our informants only their capital province is fortified. May their God help them, otherwise this war will end very soon.

Oct.29: Vasily III is now Russia's King.

Year 1506

Tax 130d. Ismael, decided that time has come to improve our relations with The Mameluks. He ordered us to send to Al Kansur, that is also a field general, a personal gift [100d] that he would appreciate – a Persian horse of pure Arabian blood. Our relations improved drastically [from –45 to +25] but they are still neutral towards us.
2000 infantry is commissioned in Georgia for the Sochi Regiment.

Feb.22: Algiers [Marocco] declared war on Hafsid Empire. Why Muslims are fighting between them and not unity to fight others? [Later I will regret this thought.]

May 1: Georgia is revolting and col. Messaud is dispatched in a hurry with the Sochi Regiment to put down this unrest. Its army [3000 / 7081] with cavalry superiority and very strong morale should easily win the battle with some peasants [7500 / 1924].

May 27 – Jun.1: Rebels are all killed or dispersed in the mountains and we have only few [1513 / 302] casualties. Georgian nationalism is still high [3%].

Jul.1: Our Foreign Affairs Advisor reported that our relations with Mameluks and Poland-Lithuania gradually are deteriorating [+25 to +22 and +9 to +2, respectively]. Most probably they are still angry somehow for our annexation of Georgia. But why should Mameluks that are Shiite and Poles that are Catholic care for an Orthodox country.

Nov.8: Hafsid Empire pays a tribute of 165d to Algiers [Marocco] and their war is over.

Year 1507

Tax 126d. Georgia is still looted from the last rebellion. We decide to upgrade our fortress in Karakum [to lvl.2] and train additional 1000 footmen in Georgia, because Messaud will need enough forces to police former Georgian provinces.

Apr.1 - 5: Georgia is revolting again and Sochi Regiment [2487 / 6779] defeat the rebels [9449 / 3149] for minimal losses [787 / 157].

Jun.14: Poland-Lithuania decided that time has come to war against Teutonic Order and regain lost provinces. How right in my thoughts I was two years ago when Austrian alliance declared war on Teutonic alliance. We, Spain and Mameluks joined the war and Kazan dishonoured himself by refusing to help Poland-Lithuania. Teutons are supported by Hanseatic League, Pommerania, Portugal, Brandenburg and Venice.

Aug.28: Spanish army under the command of general Cordoba is assaulting Portugal's capital Lisbon. Seems that the Portuguese did not learned nothing from the previous war, also supporting Teutonic Alliance and losing one province. They should be friends with Spain and not fighting wars.

Sep.8: Lisbon is captured and Cordoba moves his army to the Elvas province. I think Portugal very soon will be reduced by Spain even more.

Oct.1 – 13: Cordoba assaults Elvas fortress and captures it in one breath. Spanish diplomats should be one their way to Lisbon already.

Year 1508

Tax 130d. We continue our efforts in strengthening our realm by upgrading fortress in Armenia and recruiting 1000 footmen in Georgia.
Wonderful news – Moldova joined our alliance – one more Turkish enemy in the upcoming war.

Our monarch and commander of Karakum garrison said to me in a private meeting that we can no longer tolerate an aggressive neighbour like Uzbeks on our border. We should weaken them as soon as possible before a Turkish war begins. I harried to point to our monarch that the Persis Regiment he is commanding is too small to face the combined armies of Uzbeks and Sibir. But also in a hurry, before our monarch will call me as a traitor, I added that Uzbek-Sibir Alliance would end in July 1512. The next day after their alliance expires would be a perfect day to send to Uzbeks our Declaration of War. Before them we will start to strengthen our positions on Uzbek border.

Feb. – Apr.: Hansa paid off Cologne with 64d and Eire with Navarra signed a white peace.

Jun.24 – 26: Nuyssaybin is invaded by a small Venice force – this is outrageous – how they passed through Mameluk territory. We send our Royal Persian Army to teach them some respect, but they in a hurry retreat to Mameluk's province Allepo. We recall our army back to their barracks.

Jul.13 – 26: Madgeburg province changes hands from Brandenburg to Cologne as war retribution. Venice army is defeated in Aleppo and is moving again towards to our territory, we send again RPA [Royal Persian Army] to organise a warm welcome party in Nuyssaybin. Pommerania bought the peace from Poland-Lithuania with 65d. We receive our share of 16d. With this money we recruit 1000 infantry in Georgia.

Aug.5 – 14: RPA charges the disoriented Venetians and all 3694 foomen are killed, while we lost 674 horsemen dead or wounded.

Sep.26: Russia [Pskov, Denmark and Ryazan] sends a declaration of war to Kazan.

Oct.10: Venice handed the keys of Triest fortress in Istria to Wurtemberg and peace is signed between them. I think Austrians wanted for themselves this province.

Dec.1 – 9: Georgia revolts again. Sochi Regiment puts down the rebellion [9449 / 3149] but with a high cost, we lost 4000 Persian warriors to those peasants. When those people will understand that their destiny is to stay under Persian rule.

Year 1509

Tax 129d. 10 000 footmen are recruited in Kars for RPA that now consists only of 10k cavalry.
Portugal signed a peace treaty with Spain at a high cost: 35d, Algarve province and Cape Verde islands go to Spain.

Feb. – Jul.: Cologne signed separate white peaces with Teutons and later with Venice. Austria is forced by Venice to pay 116d. And England has a new king – Henry VIII.
Later in July Eire paid 107d to France together with the control of Connaught.

Aug.11: Russia and Kazan agreed for a white peace.

Oct.1: Orthodox heretics in Armenia were converted to the True Faith – Shiite [Random Event].
Ryazan becomes Russian vassal.

Year 1510

Tax 130d. A tax collector was appointed in Armenia. 2000 footmen are trained in Georgia and 4000 in Azerbadzjan. Our military experts proposed that our armies should use artillery support during engagements [Land Tech lvl.4].

Mar. – Apr.: Portugal signed separate white peace agreements with us and later with Poland-Lithuania; they are of little interest to us. Sochi Regiment [6420 / 5966] was refitted with new recruits.
Hansa pays 59d to Austria in a separate peace treaty.

Nov.: Finally, peace is established between Eire and Scotland, but Eire pays 77d and hands over the Ulster province. Poland-Lithuania not able to stop the Brandenburg offensive, gave them the province of Pripet, so that Poles can concentrate their efforts on Teutons.

Year 1511

Tax 130d. The Bailiff of Kurdistan from now on is appointed as a Tax Collector. 3000 footmen are recruited in Azerbadzjan and 3000 footment in Kurdistan.

Sep.10: Teutons received the much-awaited peace from Poland-Lithuania, but they lost control of Memel.

Year 1512

Tax 131d. Fortress in Azerbadzjan is upgraded [to lvl.2]. 1000 infantry is recruited in Kurdistan.

Jul.24: The Uzbek-Sibir Alliance no longer exists. We send our diplomat to Uzbeks with our Declaration of War. We do not call our allies, as they will most probably refuse to assist us.
On the same day, our mighty monarch Ismael is leading Persis Regiment to Bukhara in Amou Daria province.

Aug.12: Ismael has initiated the siege of the fortress. Any day he is expecting an Uzbek army that is moving from another province, Ust Urt.

Aug.17 – 25: Ismael leads his regiment [20k, mainly cavalry] in battle. Uzbek cavalry [15409] is completely annihilated, but for almost 8k Persians dead. Another Uzbek army threatens Persis Regiment [12310 cavalry].

Sep.7 – 16: Uzbek cavalry [15619] charges Persis Regiment, but their morale is low and very soon our cavalry are pursuing them all over the battlefield until the last Uzbek warrior is dead. We count our losses after the battle – 4258 Persian horsemen dead, wounded or missing. Ismael's horsemen cannot assault the fortress and we cannot afford to besiege it, as attrition is very high in a desert. But a regiment of foot soldiers are already on their way to the fortress. On the next day the Uzbek cavalry is defeated we receive their White Peace proposal – we politely refuse. Ismael decided to stop any other monthly expenditure, all money going to infantry recruitment in Karakum.

Oct.3 – 12: All 1000 Uzbek footmen, just recruited in Amou Daria, are killed. We recruit 2000 infantry in Karakum. Ismael left 5999 horsemen to besiege Uzbek capital and led the remaining 1970 horsemen to Usr Urt to capture defenceless province.

Oct.22 – 28: Ismael meets 2000 foot Uzbeks in Ust Urt and defeats them losing only 80 of his men. Province is ours. 778 Uzbeks are retreating to an unknown territory, until we capture their capital [and respectively their charts] we are not able to pursue them.

Nov.9 – 26: Two small Uzbek regiments under 1000 footmen were destroyed during the month and we lose another 22 Persian horsemen.

Dec.1: Uzbeks offer Ust Urt for peace; we thought they brought their acceptance to be annexed, so we reject.

Year 1513

Tax 132d. Nuyssaybin fortress is upgraded [to lvl.2]. And we train additional 1000 infantry in Karakum.

Jan.1: BUKHARA FALLS! Ismael should be pleased. Besiegers, reinforced with 2000 foot recruits, move to Ust Urt, where together with Ismael's horsemen will march to the next Uzbek province.

Jan.2: Another peace offer is rejected. Hearing the news about the fall of Uzbek capital and now having the maps of other Uzbek provinces, Ismael orders his 1690 horsemen to ride to Aralsk, where he expects easily to defeat some 3000 Uzbeks. Why he did not waited a little longer for the reinforcements?

Jan.12: Ismael leads his horsemen into a deadly charge against 3760 Uzbeks.

Jan.26: Ismael is victorious, but he decided to return to Ust Urt for reinforcements.

Feb.1: Bukhara besiegers arrived in Aralsk and started a siege. It is very strange that they not met our monarch on their way.

Feb.5: Ismael arrived in Ust Urt on the same day as the reinforcements, sent from Kurdistan at the beginning of the war. Persis Regiment incorporates the reinforcements and moves to Aralsk.

Feb.7 – 9: Besiegers in Aralsk are attacked by 1000 green recruits that on the next day flee to Turgai. After this defeat Uzbeks send another peace offer that is again rejected.

Feb.20: Austria diplomatically annexed Hungary. On his arrival in Aralsk, Ismael commands the assault.

Mar.5: Ismael is severely wounded during the assault and he retires from the battlefield. Assault is failed, but the fortress is about to fall.

Apr.3: 2000 footmen are trained using our monthly income [24d].

Apr.7: Aralsk is captured. Most probably Uzbeks do not know how to produce artillery pieces as all their fortress are garrisoned only with infantry. All regiments from Aralsk are incorporated in Persis Regiment [3075 / 14487] under the command of col. Zuwara. He is ordered to pursue to the next Uzbek province – Turgai.

Apr.22 – 27: Persis Regiment attacks a small Uzbek army [3689 / 899], stationed in Turgai. Defenders are easily annihilated and col. Zuwara commands the assault of the fortress [2500 footmen].

Aug.29: Another peace offer is rejected. Two more provinces to capture and the war is over.

Aug.13: Assault is successful and Zuwara moves its regiment to the last Uzbek province.

May.28 – Jun.27: Zuwara leads his men to assault the walls of the last Uzbek fortress. During the assault 1000 green Uzbek horse riders try to break our lines, but nothing can stop our warriors and the 2500 footmen garrison is stormed.

We annex the Uzbeks to the glorious nation of Persia. Uzbeks are a peaceful nation and they seem to like our rule, as no nationalism unrest is to be found in the annexed provinces.

Jul.1: Our Military Advisor in his report informed me that our Navy was reformed and 496d were invested in the development of our Naval Technology. He said that with reformation we are now able to install cannons on our warships [lvl.3 – Early Guns].

After the Uzbek War I call our Foreign Affairs Advisor to make me a report on our standings with our neighbours. Crimea now hates us [from –100 to -200]; Hedjas are our enemies [-160] and we can expect a declaration of war any time they will see us weak; Mameluks are still neutral towards us [-3]. After the Uzbeks' annexation we now border Sibir Tatars and they also should be considered as our enemies [rel. -145].

For the glorious victory in the Uzbek War I was awarded with great honours and lands [promoted to Viscount].

Last edited:
Interesting development :) Now, for another question. What is your long-term goal: Siberia or India? I mean, you don't even have to conquer Sibir to deny Russians access to the former. And the latter...Out of all countries, yours is suited the best for the conquest of three Indian states.
Are you in position to vassalize Mamelukes? Being the same religion and all? This will surely re-create the Persian Empire of Xerxes and Darius.

I really enjoyed that installement! :)

JFYI: When Ismail comes and the stability problem goes away this means, that the Savavid dynasty has overthrown the Aq Qoyunlo (White Sheep Turks). The white sheep Turks (Rustum etc.) were not real Persians, but more Turkish-Mongolish. They occupied more or less the same provinces, though, as later Persia, that´s why we represented the change from Aq Qoyonlu to Savavid Persia as an internal struggle (-3 stability), though Ismail conquered them from his base in Kars province.

Hartmann

Nalivaiko, thanks for comments!
Yes, I am in a better position then other countries to get to India first. But at the moment those territories are Terra Incognita for me, so I will have to wait until I get the appropriate Land Tech, so that I can use my armies to discover the unknown lands. And about Siberia, except for the Sibir Nation I know 3 more provinces to the west, so those territories will have to wait too. Moreover, Persia is not a colonial nation and until I get a Shipyard I cannot even increase population in three existing Persian colonies. So, my short-term goal is to secure my border, because only for Persian-Mameluk border I do not have to worry about.
And, of course I can vassalise Mameluks and only them. Until you pointed it to me I did not gave a thought to a such possibility. Thanks and I will for sure introduce this as one of the priorities of the Persian Kingdom.

Hartmann, thanks for the info! I wish I could be so knowledgeable about Persian History, but I am not. :( Maybe you can direct me to some websites, where I can learn more about Persian History, because even I am an European I like very much the History of Middle East.
About the instability in Persia, I thought it was mainly as a result of previous wars and conquests. As I understood from your words Persia in 1492 is practically a branch of turkish nation. Am I right?
Btw, thanks for "I really enjoyed that installement!" I was giving up about the idea to post next installments, but now I am not.

Thanks again to all for visiting this thread and taking time to read the altered history of Persia.

Cornelius.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cornelius
As I understood from your words Persia in 1492 is practically a branch of turkish nation. Am I right?

Maybe there´s a little misunderstanding. Despite the name, the "White Sheep Turks" had nothing to do with Turkey except they were ethnically related. I have conflicting info about whether they were more Mongolish or Turkish ethnically, though.

I´m looking forward to the next part. I have not very much time left to read AARs lately, but this one is a big exception. :)

Hartmann

Originally posted by Hartmann

Maybe there´s a little misunderstanding. Despite the name, the "White Sheep Turks" had nothing to do with Turkey except they were ethnically related. I have conflicting info about whether they were more Mongolish or Turkish ethnically, though.

Hartmann

Anyway, both Turks and Mongols originated from the asian steppes. Apart from that I think without being completely sure that the ruling dynasty in Persia in 1492 was indeed rather Turks than Mongols. The Mongols conquered Persia, Iraq and so on in the Middle East in the 13th century (following the siege of Bagdad which refused to surrender immediately, they applied the same treatment to the surviving inhabitants they had perfectionned in Russia : all several ten of thousands of them were beheaded), up to the point where several monarchs in western Europe thought they could be converted to Christianism and help to restore Jerusalem to Christian rule. This was not to be and it was the Egyptian who became the first nation to win a major victory against the Horde (somewhere in Eastern Egypt or the Sinai if I remember correctly). The Mongol conquests became divided between various of their leaders who warred among themselves after the death of Gengis Khan. The Turks were in fact divided into many tribes, some of which gradually took control over the old and decadent byzantine Empire, some of which turned toward Persia, somewhat by battle, somewhat by intermingling with the Mongol nobility.

Apart from that, I really like your style. Go on and do not worry about any foreign language mistakes.

Persia. Part IV: 1514 - 1521

Year 1514

Tax 136d. "Conquered Uzbek lands should be enforced." – Ismael said during the celebration of my promotion. So not willing to go against his words I order the construction of a new fortress in Ust Urt and reinforcement of Persis Regiment with 1000 footmen recruited in Turgai and 1000 footmen in Karaganda.

In the morning of the 20th day of April I was still sleeping when an annoying knocking at my door brought me to my senses. It was our Foreign Affairs Advisor with an urgent message from the polish king: "We are about to declare war on the Ottoman Empire and we ask our faithful ally, Persia, to join us in this war." We join, as our armies on Turkish border are ready as never before. Also all our allies join: Spain, Mameluks, Moldova and Golden Horde, while Turkey is supported only by its vassal Wallachia. It will be a good fight on all Turkish borders.

Apr.27: Hanseatic League bought the peace from Spain with 230d.

On May 8th when our armies were about to invade Turkish provinces, Poland-Lithuania accepts a white peace offer from Turkey. Most probably Turks have an influential supporter at the Polish Court, who made the King of Poland-Lithuania to accept the peace offer. What a pity! I can image how the morale of our warriors dropped when they were just in several days from getting into a battle and received the news that war ended.

Year 1515

Tax 138d. Catholic nations are in a religious turmoil as a new – Protestant religion, is born in Europe. Thinking that the peace with Turks is not for a long time we further strengthen our borders with them – we upgrade [to lvl.2] our fortress in Kurdistan and recruit 1000 footmen in Sochi. Another 1000 footmen are trained for Persis Regiment to further strengthen our presence on Sibir border – Sibir Tatars can be expected to attack when we will get involved in the war with Turkey.

Dec.31: Another peaceful year ended and the only important news that happened this year is that the new King of France is Francois I.

Year 1516

Tax 138d. As the new year came, astonishing news reached us – Scotland was diplomatically annexed by France. Now the Englishmen should be worried about.

Georgia, another province on Turkish border is upgraded [lvl.2] together with the recruitment of 1000 infantry. Also the garrison on Sibir border is not forgotten as they receive funding for 1000-foot recruits.

On the 25th of July a new king came to power in Spain – Carlos I.

Sep.3: We lost a warship in a fire from our Sochi Fleet - 2 warships remained [random event]. The khan of Sochi informed us that he suspects a foreign hand, a Crimean or Turkish.

Dec.21: Russians declare yet another war on Kazan. And again Kazan is alone and Russians are helped by all its allies: Pskov, Ryazan, and Savoy{?}.

Year 1517

Tax 138d. We continue in our efforts to fortify our two main conflict borders – with Sibir and Turkey: fortress in Aralsk is upgraded, 1000 infantry trained in Georgia and 1000 in Turgai.

On April 1st war between Russia and Kazan ended with Kazan paying 164d, I thought this time Russia will grab at least a province, if not annex the Kazan Khanate.

Year 1518

Tax 138d. With our year income we upgrade fortress in Turgai and recruit 2000 footmen in Georgia.

Persia saw this year only diplomatic action as on February 20 our Royal Marriage with Mameluks ended and several days later we renew it.

Year 1519

Tax 138d. We upgrade the fortress on our southern Turkish border in Kirkuk. The Tabriz Army received funding for 2000 infantry reinforcements.

On 14th of January, Carlos I of Spain is elected Holy Roman Emperor, is this means something for him we will be just polite and congratulate our ally.

Mar.1: Two bad news struck us at once – 2799 men from Royal Persian Army fed up with futile life in barracks deserted and Georgians revolt again in Sochi. Col. Tifni with Sochi Regiment is sent from Georgia to clam the rebellious spirits.

On April 17, the revolt is put down and Sochi Regiment returns to Georgia. This was a prompt decision as on June 1, the peasants from Georgia province also revolt. This rebellion is also suppressed, but 5000 Persians are now more among us.

Carlos I of Spain, being HR Emperor, received for Spanish armies the right to pass through every province of the former Holy Roman Empire. Very soon Venice provinces were invaded by Spanish troops. Venice not wanting to lose even more ground decided to cede the province of Mantua in return for peace.

Year 1520

Tax 136d. This year we divert all our income to infantry recruitment: 2000 in Kars and 1000 in Nuyssaybin to replace the deserted soldiers of Royal Persian Army. Also is reinforced Sochi Regiment that lost many of its men in last year revolts with 2000 trained in Georgia and 3000 in Azerbadzjan. Tabriz Army is also reinforced with 3000 recruits.

On February 1, our military experts came to me with a prototype of a firearm – the Europeans call Arquebus [Land Tech 5]. Pleased with such of an improvement we divert all our income again to training our merchants [100% to Trade Tech].

On this fine day Turkey declared war on Mameluks, who if not Persia will step alongside Shiite brothers in the war against arrogant Turks. Turks are supported by Ragusa and Algiers, not very worthy allies as Ragusa is a VERY weak country and Algiers must have a really big navy to transport troops in order to make a difference in this war. On the other hand on the other Turkish border the war joined our allies – Poland-Lithuania, Spain, Moldova and Golden Horde.

Tabriz Army, led by col.Zuwara, moves to Trabzon, where on March 1 it meets a small Turkish regiment [4908 infantry] and in 19 days totally annihilates them. After its first victory in this war our inspired men assault the fortress.

We are completely shocked by the behaviour of Austrian ruler – on 5th of April the inland Austria declares war on Algiers{?}. I can only doubt that it might be a way to fight Turks without breaking the peace treaty between them and, therefore, incur stability penalties. Turkey and Ragusa, probably not understanding the intentions of Austrian diplomats, fell in their trap.

Apr.24 – 30: The Royal Persian Army beats soundly a small Turkish regiment in Nuyssaybin.

On May 5th col. Zuwara stops the assault of Trabzon fortress as the morale of our soldiers dropped very low, but the assault is not unsuccessful as one third of Turkish garrison is killed. We send 3000 infantry reinforcements from Armenia to speed up the fall of the fortress. Several days later, on 19th of May, also the Mameluks invade Turkey, as their army after a short skirmish lay siege to the fortress in Sivas province.

Sep.10: The Trabzon fortress shows signs of breaking [-3].

Oct.7: Not gaining anything from this war, Austria accepts the white peace proposal from Algiers. Tabriz Army makes progresses, as the walls of Trabzon fortress are about to fall apart [-4].

Great news was brought on October 14th by a messenger from col. Zuwara – Trabzon is taken and our army moves to another Turkish province, Angora. I am a little concerned somewhat with this news – why Turks are not interfering in our advance through their territory. On October 24, also the Mameluks capture the besieged province of Sivas.

On November 29 I have received an explanation of the absence of Turkish troops on our front – 49k Turkish army laid siege to Galatz, Moldovan capital. But our European allies are also in action – a 91k allied army of Poles, Moldova and Golden Horde are besieging Bujak fortress and the Michael Glinski commands them.
I was unaware that Spain is still at war with Teutonic Order until I received an information about a 32k Spanish army that laid siege to Welikia, a Teutonic province, and another 8k reinforcements are on their way to assist.
On its arrival Tabriz Army storms the walls of Angora fortress.

On December 27 the news reached us that the assault failed, but not without inflicting considerable damage to the walls [-2].

Year 1521

Tax 138d. 20 artillery pieces are produced in Armenia to assist Tabriz Army in Angora. We send our first merchant to an overseas Centre of Trade, in Venice.

Bujak is captured by Poland-Lithuania and the Poles' army moves to Dobrudja, while Golden Horde and Moldova armies stay in Bujak in case that the Turkish army from Galatz break siege and tries to recapture Bujak and cut supply lines to the Polish army in Dobrudja.

On the 24th of January col. Zuwara's men got a boost in their morale seeing that the defenders of Angora fortress show signs of defeat [-5] and they assault the walls. At the end of January Angora bares a Persian flag. We think that we had our contribution to this war and send our diplomat to Constantinople to set a peace with Turkey in exchange for the Trabzon province. Turks refuse, we have nothing else to do that to move Tabriz Army further into Turkish territory, to Anatolia province.

During February 7th – 20th Poland-Lithuania invades Dobrudja and their 33k army after defeating a 9k Turkish-Ragusa army laid siege to the Silistra fortress.

On February 28th, col. Zuwara laid siege to the fortress in Anatolia, but I send a messenger to him with orders to break the siege and move to the next province – to Constantinople. With their capital captured, Turks will have to comply with our peace terms.

On March 30th the siege of Constantinople begins. The Tabriz Army [8889 / 0 / 34] does not have enough men for a successful assault, and the only option is to bombard the fortress until it is destroyed. In case that the Turks try to break our siege, we send [6553 / 1512] reinforcements, detached from Royal Persian Army, to Constantinople.

In May our cannons in Armenia are ready and we send them also to Constantinople. But the 34 cannons of Tabriz Army are already making enough damage to the walls [-2].

Jun.15: Fortress of Constantinople breaking [-4].

On July 21st reinforcements arrived at Constantinople and the fortress is already falling apart. Col. Zuwara thinks that with the reinforcements he will manage to capture the fortress by assault and orders his men to storm the walls.

A GREAT VICTORY is celebrated in Isfahan on 1st of August – Tabriz Army captured Constantinople. Even the revolt in Sochi cannot spoil the happiness of our monarch.

We send our diplomat to Suleyman I of Turkey with our peace conditions: we demand the provinces of Trabzon and Angora together with a payment of 250d. Suleyman has nothing else to reply and accepts.

With the 250d we promote the Bailiffs from conquered provinces provinces of Trabzon and Angora to Tax Collectors and recruit 8000 infantry in Kars and 3000 infantry in Armenia. We return our glorious Tabriz Army to Armenia, where also is returned our 20 cannons that failed to get into action that were in Angora when Constantinople was captured.

Royal Persian Army [2000 / 8000] is sent as a police force to Trabzon in case that a revolt breaks out in former Turkish provinces. On August 27th we send new recruits [8000 footmen] from Kars to reinforce Royal Persian Army.

On 23rd of September the Georgian rebels [10k] are defeated with minimal losses [3k] and on the next day Royal Persian Army has arrived in Trabzon.

On the October 1st we are overjoyed with an unexpected event: 3 groups of settlers arrived at Isfahan looking for adventures in new lands. They are also joined with a noble adventurer Manamah with 3000 men that arrived with 3 warships that arrived at Basrah port.

Dec.17: The new king of Portugal is Joao III.

Last edited:
Persia. Part V: 1522 - 1523

Year 1522

Tax 145d. Glorious Tabriz Army has arrived in Armenia and after reinforcement stands with 15501 infantry and 54 cannons. After we ended the revolt in Sochi we move our police army [Sochi Regiment] back to Georgia and 8000 footmen recruited in Kars are sent to Trabzon to increase the Royal Persian Army that will have lot of work with Turkish rebels.

Another wave of improvements is started through our kingdom as we promote a Tax Collector in Kirkuk and in Azerbadzjan. As the revolt risk is still high in Georgian provinces we recruit 2000 more infantry in Georgia.

Before expanding elsewhere we decide to use our 3 groups of colonists to boost the population in our existing 3-4 level colonies, so we send Manamah to Lut where he will guide our colonists to settle successfully in this province.

On January 3rd, Turkey decided it is time to settle its war with Mameluks and hands them the province of Sivas. Suleyman of Turkey now regrets his ill decision to war against Mameluks as his beloved country lost the control over 3 provinces.

We send our diplomat to Cairo to congratulate Turman of Mameluks with this exceptional victory against Turks. To our words he replied that he would never succeeded if mighty Persian armies would not be so victorious against the Turks. Turman of Mameluks at the end of the reception added that Persians are now considered their best friends [rel. +96]. The outcome of the Mameluk-Turk War proved to be very fruitful for Persia – we gained two rich Turkish provinces with minor combat losses [only one little skirmish at the beginning of the war] and without spending money on gifts we improved relations with Mameluks [from +16 to +96] only supporting them when they were attacked by the Turkish Alliance.

Feb.23: Col. Jafar is finally reinforced with the Kars recruits [8000 footmen] and now Royal Persian Army [12k / 8k] can easily suppress any revolt in the former Turkish lands.

Mar.29: Manamah arrived in Lut. Now he will wait until next year when we will have fresh money to finance the first group of colonists.

As we do not have any plans for our navies: Sochi Fleet [2/0/0] and Basrah Fleet [3/0/0] we set their maintenance to 50% - this measure will save us 0.5d per month that will better go to research.

Year 1523

Tax 149d. We send our first group of colonists to Lut and with the remained money we recruit 1000 infantry and 2000 cavalry in Isfahan to add to Manamah's Expedition Party.

On March 6, Manamah reported that the first colonists successfully settled them in Lut.
The Pope from Rome issued a treaty that formalises the division of the non-European lands between Spain and Portugal. We will see about that.

The remaining 2 groups of colonists will be sent to another colony [lvl.4] – of Khorasan, and respectively we order Manamah to move with his men to that province.

Last edited: