• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrSmiley

Creator of Atlantis
81 Badges
Sep 4, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • War of the Roses
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
As part of the Resistance is Feudal Megacampaign, this is where all of my backstories/Discoveries and my AAR will be posted. For this CK2 campaign i am RPing as the descendants of Atlantis, who hid out in Irlandia (Ireland) with the fall of Atlantis. Links are provided below :D Also def give feedback or criticize anything and everything. It always helps.

[post=17651042]Dynasty Information[/post]

[post=17651054]Timeline of Atlantis[/post]

[post=17651109]Discoveries so far[/post]
Discoveries are done via excavations. Every player gets 1 excavation per week on a province they, or a vassal, control. If they excavate a province with an Atlantean ruin, they will find ancient Atlantean artifacts and scrolls. These provide RP and EU4 benefits when we swap over.

Maps Section
[post=17651073]Atlantis, 3500 BC[/post]
[post=17651076]Atlantis, 1300 BC[/post]
[post=17651080]Great War, 1000 BC[/post]
[post=17651085]Atlantean Timeline Map[/post]
[post=17651094]World Map of Despot Titles[/post]
[post=17651103]European Map of Despot Titles[/post]

The History of the Post-Atlanteans
[Post=17661191]Chapter 1 : We Carry Atlantis[/post]
[Post=17684036]Chapter 2 : A True Beginning[/post]
[Post=17694964]Chapter 3 : Rise of Nea Atlantia[/post]
[Post=17712432]Chapter 4 : The Fruits of their Labours[/post]
[Post=17727663]Chapter 5 : The Emerald and the Pearl[/post]
[Post=17750554]Chapter 6 : The Hydra Has Many Heads[/post]
[Post=17769113]Chapter 7 : Born of Salt and Sea[/post]
[Post=17788744]Chapter 8 : The Return of the Citrine[/post]
[Post=17800330]Chapter 9 : Ahel Alban, Impireacht Atlantis[/post]
[Post=17813542]Chapter 10 : A Storm is Coming[/post]

Last edited:
DYNASTY INFORMATION

DYNASTY - Psarion

HISTORY - The Psarions have ruled the Atlanteans since they united their peoples,
pushing back the barbarian hordes from Mavro Iofous. Rapid expansion took
place from this point with Atlantis becoming the strongest nation in the
world. A golden age occured, with nations sending representatives and
traders to visit the Chryso Palati, a palace designed to look the same as
that of Zeus' in Olympus. Things took a turn for the worse though, when
Ampelius Psarion proclaimed himself 'The God-King' (Theosilias). A prophet
warned him that the true gods would not take kindly to such blasphemy but
in his pride, Ampelius had the Prophet drowned in the Grand Pool. Disaster
struck, suddenly and without warning, when the ground split open, the
mountains erupted into fire and the sea rushed onto the land. Within hours,
the once proud nation of Atlantis had vanished.

The Despot of Irlandia, Nematious Psarion, went into hiding as the rest of
the Psarions were captured and executed. His family remained in hiding for
almost 2000 years, receiving information on what happened to the rest of the
Atlantean Empire. When the most recent descendants recieved word that the Aztecs,
who had taken over the Dysa province, were using the Atlantean technology to
plan an invasion of Europe. Ailpin Psarion, the leading Psarion, received a visit
from Poseidon in a dream. Poseidon claimed that it was time to use the information
to help the Europeans. He also told them that the time of the Atlantean Gods was over,
and that they would need to follow the Son of a God, who would replace the old ones
as prophecied.

Waking, Ailpin knew that the dream had been a true visitation. Going to see his
family, he told them it was time to make themselves known. Poseidon had told him
to remain with the prophesied faith (that of Christianity) and to ensure that it
survives the barbaric Aztecs assault. He told them that they had to redeem themselves,
that the Aztecs desire for wanton destruction was a direct result of the horrific
genocides and treatment dealt by the Atlanteans to the natives.

MOTTO - Atlantean Motto - Oi Thalasses Einai Toichos Mas (The Seas are Our Wall)
Irish Psarion Motto - Fernoume Atlantis (We Carry Atlantis)

[post=17651021]Back to Start[/post]

Last edited:
TIMELINE OF THE ATLANTEANS

3500 BC - The Atlantean tribes are united under High Chief Themistocles Psarion to beat back
the Black Hills barbarians. A statue is raised to Poseidon, who was believed to have
sent the earthquake that split the horde apart.

3200 BC - Despot Phoibos Psarion conquers all of Atlantis, declaring himself the Atlantean
Emperor. Plans are made to expand into the territories of Dysa and Anatol (Americas
and Europe respectively).

3100 BC - The Atlanteans have conquered all of Mexiko, the Karaivikis (Caribbean) and
Mavritania.

2600 BC - The Karchidonions (a minor family who govern part of Mavritania) expand to the East
declaring the land as 'Carthage'.

2000 BC - The Atlanteans meet the Greeks, who proceed to copy their religion and culture.

1800 BC - Atlantean explorers discover the tribes of Gallia (France) and Anglia (England).
Anglia and Irlandia are incorporated into the Empire, with Gallia installed as
a vassal.

1300 BC - Notia Dysa (South America) and Germania are added to the Empire, which has reached
its peak.

1150 BC - The Trojans arrive in Atlantia, seeking sanctuary from the events in Greece. They
are granted the Despot of Vretani (Brittany).

1000 BC - The Great War splits the empire into 7 different factions, each vying for Atlantis.
The Psarion loyalists eventually win but not without mass executions and purges of
local populaces.The Great War is generally recognized as the beginning of the
collapse of the Atlantean Empire, as they started rapidly losing territory from here.
It is commonly believed that their Empire would have naturally fallen regardless of
the Destruction.

914 BC - Ampelius Psarion declares himself Theosalias, causing the Destruction of Atlantis.

913 BC - The Irish Psarions are the only known members of the royal family to have survived,
by pretending to be another Celtic Tribe.

1066 AD - The Irish Psarions take over the Duchy of Munster (now called Sareio) and send
warning to all European rulers of the Aztecs.

Last edited:
Map of Atlantis, 3500 BC

Last edited:
Map of Atlantean Empire, 1300 BC

Last edited:
Map of the Great War, 1000 BC

Last edited:
Map showing Atlantean Empire in Europe between 3100 and 914 BC

Last edited:
World Map showing Atlantean Despot titles and Region names

Last edited:
European Map showing Atlantean Despot titles (based on Crusader Kings 2 Map)

Last edited:
Discoveries made so far

Colby - Seleukia - The Library of Apollo, filled with many scrolls and books. Mostly burnt by the Persians, it was saved by the actions of the Emperors brother. Thaos Psarion, the Librarian, persuaded the Persians to leave the Library alone. It was later lost during the collapse of that entire area (due to mining destabilizing bedrock). These scrolls are still readable and could contain great scientific marvels and discoveries, if only we could decipher them.

Teza - Mayurqa - Atlantean jewelry and emblems. Have been valued at around 250 gold coins, or could be displayed around the family hall to give an air of ancient pomp.

Naxhi - Alexandria - A document granting the controller the lands of India and all territory to the East of it during the event of an Atlantean conquest of that region. Could be presented to an Atlantean who controls such territory to claim it.

Co-workerjoe - Blois - The Sword of Phoibos. While being no better then a normal long sword in physical form, this is a relic that would bring much prestige to the house that holds it. Phoibos was the first ruler to conquer all of Atlantis and his sword hung within the Great Hall of the Psarions til the Fall.

Enderskild - Fife - Quarter of a Diamond Crown, believed to have been created by Ampelius Psarion when he
declared himself God-King. It is believed that whoever unites all four pieces will be
given the power to rule the world.

- Parchments detailing the Indian continent. Appears to have been written as
part of an Atlantean merchant/spies report on the viability of expanding into that region.
We could use this to our advantage if we ever needed to expand there, taking land far
easier.

Last edited:
Chapter 1 : We Carry Atlantis

Early in 1066, King Murchadd ua Brian of Munster was murdered when his loyal bodyguard Art na N-iasc betrayed him. Sneaking into the lords bedroom while he slept, he stabbed him before continuing to wipe out all of the members of ua Brian. Pronouncing himself King Art Psarion, this act was wildly renowned as vile by the Irish lords. Art, described by his peers as 'an ugly hunchback, filled with anger and hatred towards his fellow man', defended his actions in his diary. He stated that the murder was 'a necessary evil, to aid in the establishment of my power and prestige' and that 'all that i do, i do for my fellow Catholics. A storm is coming.' He continued this theme in many of his writings, the ideal of a 'coming storm'. For the moment though, the King was busy ensuring control over his newly gained land. He removed the mayor and the council in his capital city, and took away the bishopric also.

The instability of his reign continued for two years when, finally, in 1068 his vassals revolted. Two of his counts, containing a large portion of his realm, proclaimed that he was nothing more then a usurper and a demon in human clothing. They sought to remove him from power and re-establish the ua Brians. in late 1068, 2300 men under the command of King Art slaughtered the forces of the Counts at the battle of Ormond. Losing only 200 men to 1100, Art proved that he was a worthy commander and a strong military leader. His army, who had previously mocked him for his specially made 'hunchback' armor, now held him in reverance. The army then set about besieging the Counts castle, which lasted til 1070.

The captured Counts were then forced to engage in a new punishment that Art had devised. Claiming that it was a 'traditional Atlantean' form of torture, both were tied to a log which was balanced over the sea on another log. Then one was pushed under til he pulled a rope. Pulling the rope caused the log to swing back up, which pushed the other person under. The entire court (including the family members of the Counts) were forced to watch this go on for almost two days, with food being brought out and beds laid out for people. Eventually one of the Counts collapsed from exhaustion and drowned. The other Count was then sold to African slavers, the 'merciful' option. This done, Art had managed to bring peace to his realm, as no lords were left that would or could possibly counter him.

Art was then visited by Guy d'Fallais, the world renowned agent and soldier of fortune. He claimed that he could teach Art many things in regards to court intrigue and subtle successes . The time he spent growing to know the young King (at this time Art was only 23) has been recorded in his "My Adventures in the Britannic Isles". He writes 'Art has spent many days attempting to gather information on one of his courtiers. I told him that attempting to gain information on an opponent can be a greater victory then shattering his enemies forces on the battlefield but he still does not see how. He is brave and shows great ability at warfare but cannot grasp the simple methods of spying and of the agent. I have never given up on a student so far though, and he pays well enough...Finally, after almost four months i have managed to get him to see. I sent a person into the caves below Thomond who looked like Art (tricky to find someone as ugly as that though it was). I then sent Art in after him, claiming that he would find only what he took with him. When he came out, i could see he was visibly shocked. Demanding to know why he had just killed a man that looked like him, I told him that it was to show him how sometimes a seeming enemy can turn out to be an ally and that he could no longer just rush into his life.' Guy left soon after this event but his affect on Art was great. The young King was noticeably more reserved and thoughtful from this point onwards.

The next 7 years passed without any great events. A son named Uilliam was born to the King and his wife, who was thankfully devoid of any noticeable blemishes or physical deformities. King Malcolm of Scotland, in recognition of Arts sovereignty, offered to betroth his son to the Irish Kings daughter. This was agreed to, as it benefited both sides. King Art continued writing his diary, mentioning how he spent great amounts of money hunting down any historical information and/or lore about Atlantis and his family. He writes 'I fear that i may never know the true story of my fallen comrades. Many of them were supposedly murdered following the actions of Ampelius and the rest went deep into hiding. I have received word that some of them hid out in Vretani, Gefyr and Galikia but i cannot confirm these reports. The descendants of these survivors would be impossible to track down though and even harder to prove. Thankfully, I have my fathers Pearl Seal, passed down to him from his father and so on, all the way back to Nematious Psarion.' Art had also heard of many other lords of the world attempting to find artifacts of Atlantis, most of which came up with nothing.

This all changed when Doux Zacharias of Cilicia discovered the remnants of the Atlantean Library in Seleukia in 1075. This discovery caused Art to immediately leave for Anatolia to see it for himself. Upon his arrival he was given allowance by Zacharias to see the Library, to check its authenticity and thanks to the Pearl Seal he had taken with him. Art spent almost a year in the Library before returning to Thomond. He writes about his trip a month later in his diary 'I never thought that I would ever visit it. My father had told me that the Atlanteans had one of the greatest collections of writing in the world but to finally see the Library of Apollo. There had been much damage to the books and the years had not been kind but they were still mostly readable. When I walked into that gigantic domed hall, buried 40 meters below the ground, it was a struggle to remain on my feet. Here was the greatest accomplishment of my people, still alive and very much real. We may have lost almost everything we had but seeing that structure and reading those scrolls reminded me. Atlantis will always live on, in the people who remember and treasure it.'

The Library of Apollo at Anafro. Created in 1255 BC by Ierodomos the Builder, it was believed to have been burnt by the Persians in their invasion.

Last edited:
Chapter 2 : A True Beginning

King Arts rule continued for the next nine years (1080-1089) in a mild fashion, with no major happenings or events. The Duchy of Munster was re-named to its Atlantean variant, Sareio, which Art discovered within one of the books from the Library of Apollo. This calm period was brought to abrupt end with a massive Fraticelli uprising in Thomond. This came as such a surprise to the army and the King, whose army had been busy aiding his sons wife in the north, that it succeeded in securing the castle of Thomond and the surrounding area. A plan was quickly drawn up by the council, which has been recounted in Arts diary. "Our forces prepared to meet the rebel masses in the province of Ormond. We pulled the entirety into a narrow valley, numbered almost seven thousand to our five, and prepared to assault them. The rebel forces proved almost too much for us though, with many of our troops falling. The battle went on for many hours, til eventually their left flank collapse under a strong cavalry assault. They swiftly fell after this, with the remainder been hunted into the hills and forests of the surrounding area." The victory at Ormond was the end of any Fraticelli ambitions in Ireland, with almost five thousand heretics killed and their ringleader executed by order of the Pope Alexander.

This was rapidly followed by one of the most well known historical events of this period, the First Crusade. Commonly called the 'Golden Crusade', after both the colors worn by the Papacy troops and the desire of the Pisan forces to become an established trade power in that region. The Atlanteans committed small numbers of troops to this crusade, with any large forces been impossible due to the rebel uprising. Pope Alexander II accepted the apologies of King Art (who was a devout Christian), stating in a correspondence 'your efforts in defeating the enemies within are as important as defeating those without and we hope you continue your endeavors'. Art sent his top commander, Dara MacSweeney, to lead the thousand Sareio Gallowglass troops who accompanied the Golden Crusade. Art was unfortunately not able to go himself due to a sever case of Typhoid fever, a plague which had swept the Britannic Isles over 1092-1093.

After several months spent fighting the fever, Art managed to recover in time to receive correspondence on the Crusade. It had been mostly successful, with an almost disastrous battle at Ascalon turning into a grand victory thanks to the Pisans. The Papal forces had been caught off-guard during the siege by almost 16000 Fatimid men, including a contingent of Mamluks. The 7000 Crusaders had held out for almost four days, before 12000 Italian mercenaries and the Pisan household guard had swept down onto the Muslims. The Irish Gallowglass had given a strong account of themselves, been primarily involved with holding off the Mamluks. The Pope himself stated that 'for every Gallowglass who fell, five Muslims went down with him'. Dara MacSweeney was also reported killed during the battle, as he fell defending the vital flank against Mamluks.

The Battle of Ascalon, 1094, with the Pope and his guard in the center praying. The heavenly host above them came from the same direction as the Pisans, supposedly.

Art was noticeably much affected by the loss of his countrymen. Historians speculate that he potentially felt that he should have been there with them. His sour mood was only lightened when the reports came that Jerusalem had been taken from the defeated Fatimid Sultan, who was forced to surrender the entire region in the Treaty of Sinai. This first victory for the Christians, the new chosen religion of the Atlanteans, was a true validation of the choices Art had made up to this choice. Even the disastrous War of Portugal could not dour the mood in Sareio over the next two years, as Art wrote in July 1095 'This victory in the Holy Land has given me confidence in the possibility of our assured survival. If the Europeans can unite for goals such as these, then they can unite when the Aztecs invade. Though i fear this will inspire an equally strong response from the Muslims. I cannot afford for both of them to tear each other apart over useless land.'

The inspiration of the Golden Crusade is believed to have given Art the necessary mental state to begin his mission anew. The Atlantean presence, while known to certain local and nearby rulers, the Kings of Scotland and France particularly, was officially announced to the rulers of the world. The Count of Kildare was the first goal on the road Art had chosen, and so in August 1095 he declared the war for it. Gallowglass troops flocked to his banner, seeing him as the most powerful ruler in Ireland and a long-lasting benefactor. The discovery of numerous Atlantean artifacts and the Pearl Seal held by the Psarion family convinced many of the Christian rulers of the validity of Arts ancestors, while many Pagan and Muslim rulers denied it. The proclaimed Atlantean prophesy of Jesus and the God of the Christians/Jews was viewed as lies and merely rubbish produced by a heathen.

i was going to start greek hellenic, but unfortunately that has a survival chance of about 10-15 years (ai and players really kill you). so ive made some backstory stuff to explain the change to Christian (the whole Poseidon telling him so). of course, that dream could just have been made up by the guy. and all the Britain players were going to kill me if i played Greek Hellenic. had to make some stylistic changes in the name of survival unfortunately.

Chapter 3 : Rise of Nea Atlantia

King Arts successful campaign of Kildare, while originally viewed as a wise move in the establishment of an Atlantean base in Ireland, was ultimately considered a poor decision. It caused many of the Irish people in the Petty Kingdom of Sareio to distrust Arts intentions. The common myths spread by the peasants and minor lords was that he was attempting to create a non-catholic, non-Irish kingdom. Rapid conquest by Art was then slowed after 1096, with the next four years spent ensuring that the populace was satisfied of his honorable intentions. This time also saw the declaration of a Shia Jihad for the Kingdom of Jerusalem, that was quickly stopped by the entirety of the Christian world.

The Duchess of Kents attempt to conquer Orell, ruled by Arts daughter-in-law,lead to his immediate involvement in defending the counts of the realm. Viewing this as an opportunity to show the Irish that he was attempting to make them safer through his efforts, Art moved northwards with 10000 men. A rash charge into the 9000 men of Kent led to a disastrous battle, where the Sareio center army was decimated and King Art himself was slain. Lord Nell of the Isles wrote of the battle 'The battlefield was poorly chosen by the Irish attackers. While the belief among-st the commanders was that the Kent army was in a bad position, at the bottom of a hill, the quick drop hid a small river. This allowed the English longbowmen to badly damage Art's forces before they even reached the main army. Art was later found dead with an arrow through his neck'.

King Arts firstborn son, Uilliam, became Petty King of Sareio following his death. The actions of the Kent Duchess would not be forgotten by the Psarion dynasty though, as their reign of tyranny was denounced by numerous Kings all over Europe. King Uilliam was far different from his father, as described by those who dealt with him. Kind, charitable and humble, his only goal in life was to achieve the goals set by his father and to ensure that Kent was give penance for its sins. His rapid establishment of the Sareio kingdom, expanding rapidly into the Irish counts around him, was seen as a reflex move to the Kent forces pushing into the region of Tyrone. He had claimed most of the south of Ireland when he was unfortunately maimed during a battle. Losing all of his arm just below the shoulder did not stop the King though. An account of this period for Uilliam is given by his good friend, Bishop Donna. 'King Uilliam suffers heavily everyday with only one arm. Every action that comes naturally to most men has to be re-learnt, causing much grief to those around him. Though he would never tell anyone, and hides his discomfort well to avoid causing more hurt, i fear he cannot go on like this. My friend has suffered handily at the Ross family of Kent, and while i would never wish harm on anyones head, they would be the first i would choose.'

Regardless of his injury, by the time of the Battle of Leinster a year later, during the final stages of the capture of South Ireland, Uilliam was confident enough to lead his men into battle once more. Using a fake arm with a shield attached, the battle ended in total victory for Sareio, with the King killing eight men alone. Though his prowess in battle was great, after each one he went straight to the nearest chapel or church,. Here, Uilliam would pray for the souls of his men, and the men he had killed. His devout methods managed to remove any anxiety left over from his fathers reign, as he was swiftly recognized by many priests as a man holding the core principles of Christianity. Every city he conquered was given a month of time with the King, where any citizen could come and have audience with him. This allowed him to not only be in touch with the Irish people but to also hear more stories of the horrors committed in English (Kent-controlled) Ireland. Every time mention was made of these places, Uilliam would immediately apologize to whoever mentioned it for his inability to free those provinces from their living hell.

Uilliams reign reached new levels of joy and contentment when he succeeded in getting a majority of Irish counts and lords to elect him High King of the Island of Irlandia and the Domain of Nea Atlantia (the name that Uilliam requested be given to this land in honor of its significance). His speech, given to his new vassals, was recorded by the Bishopric of Ossory. "This emerald isle, this sparkling jewel in the northern sea, was once a powerful outpost of the Atlantean Empire. Though that Empire no longer remains, I am proud to see Irlandia re-established as it once was. I hereby pronounce this island Nea Atlantia, in the hopes that its influence and strength will be the same as its namesake. I only hope that future generations learn from the mistakes of the past.' Swiftly after this speech, the rest of the island swore fealty to the Kingdom of Nea Atlantia. The only land that remained out of its control was that controlled by England.

also for any readers of my AAR (there must be some of you out there, somewhere) next sessions AAR will be a special two part one, with one part covering the normal stuff and another covering a little special something i cooked up with the other players :D (see the main RIF thread for the Ceremony on Atlantis special post)

Last edited:
Chapter 4 : The Fruits of their Labours

1114 held a great honor for the House of Psarion, as they hosted the Ceremony for the Fall of Atlantis. It had been almost 2000 years since the major event that had changed most of the world and Uilliam had decided to invite every world leader to come to the ceremony to celebrate unity. Reports from the time say that the event was a disaster in regards to the goals set by the Psarions. They also show that the Atlanteans set up the Mongols hordes that came later as a safeguard, in case of instability in the empire. Uilliam supposedly activated this scourge, in the hopes it would unify the world in time for the Aztecs. He could not possibly have foreseen how powerful the hordes were to become though, nor how well they would do. Regardless, Nea Atlantia began its second phase, expanding into Wales. This began with a war on the petty kingdom of Deheubarth, which easily conquered the far smaller force and took the lands of Dyfed for the rising Atlantean kingdom. The Welsh peoples were then given the same opportunity that the Irish were given, to join the Atlantians or to fall before their swords. This process was interrupted though, by unforeseeable events.

In late 1122, the people of Dublin had risen up against their English overlords and requested aid from Nea Atlantia. Uilliam (now called the Lame in contemporary pieces of the time) swiftly answered the call and began besieging the English territories in Ireland. The Scottish had also attacked the English at the same time, moving into the northern territories that they had claimed for themselves. The English were struggling still from the troubles that had brought them low forty years ealier, and their armies were in no position to fight either the Scottish or the Irish. The Battle of Dublin in 1124 saw the loss of most of the English army, as two thousand died in comparison to a hundred Irish men. Uilliam wrote in a correspondence with Malcolm V of Scotland "I fear that the English will force me to come to their island before they surrender the Irish territories. They have lost much from these wars but still they hold on, forcing me to invest more time and effort into this minor war. I can only hope that something swiftly ends this conflict".

In early 1125, the Irish forces been led by Uilliam at Dundalk were assaulted by an army almost twice their size. The English had somehow pulled together almost six thousand men with which to engage Atlantias three thousand five hundred. The King of England himself rode with this army as its quickly reached the Atlantean position. While reports from the Scottish King and Uilliams own spies had indicated that the English could still potentially be dangerous, they had been viewed as a beaten dog and close to death. Historians point to Englands ally, the Republic of Pisa, as the source of this army, stating that they possibly supplied gold and mercenaries to the war effort. No records were kept about this between the Pisans and the English though, so its uncertain where the army came from. The battle is best described by Lord Aeill Macnellis of the Gallowglass.

"Our position was poorly built, due to the circumstances that the enemy had found us in. I knew that it would be down to us, the High Kings gallowglass guard, to hold the line.The English lined up opposite or forces and began their famed archer volleys. The sky almost blackened from the amount they threw at us but our shields held, thankfully. I did not see a man with less then four arrows in his shield on our side but now the true battle began. Their heavy and light infantry charged us straight in the middle, while their cavalry went around the flanks. Uilliam yelled at us to wall just before they hit. The enemy crashed straight into our shield wall and they immediately lost momentum. I lost sight of our flanks during that moment but i always kept my eye on Uilliam. We had failed his father as the guard and we had already failed Uilliam when he was brutally maimed. I had made it my lifes goal to not see that happen again. I rapidly slayed eight men as the gallowglass prepared to do a tactic we had practiced with the King. We would defend and hold, then swiftly push outwards and overwhelming the enemy forces. Then we would hunt down vital commanders."

The Gallowglass defence succeeded in stopping the English and during their push tactic they managed to surround and kill the King of England. With their leader fallen, the enemy forces either surrendered or fled. At the end of the day, the Atlanteans had lost only one thousand men to three thousand of the enemy. This conflict ended English ambitions in the islands surrounding it and stopped any chance of England making a comeback. King Uilliam immediately left to Christs Church in Dublin after the conflict, where he spent three days in prayer with his royal guard commander and captains. This battle also coincided with the return of the agent Uilliam had sent to the Mongol tribes, who reported success in getting them to re-unite and prepare their conquest of the world. All the Atlantian plans seemed to be working perfectly.

The Last Stand, a painting depicting the death of the English king.

The next 3 years saw the continuation of the Atlantean campaign for Ireland, as they took the lands of Gwynedd, securing the coastline and giving Uilliams forces a safer network of re-supplying. The Welsh minor lords swore fealty much faster after the debacle at the Battle of Dunkeld, none of them wanting to end up like the King of England. Uilliam also spent many days travelling to foreign courts, especially those of his close neighbours, Scotland and Brittany. Both of these had been some of the earliest supporters of the Atlantean ideals and of their rise to prominence, making them natural allies and friends. There are no records of what happened in the meetings between these three and the King of France but Uilliams apparently cheerful demeanor when he returned to Irlandia led many to believe that the news was good. In a private correspondence between Uilliam and his agent Sir Artur Dalin, Uilliam stated "I have more confidence that the nations are prepared for the Aztecs. When the Mongols arrive and shock them all into action, I believe we may finally have the power to stop this monster that my ancestors created". Like every Psarion since the fall of the empire, Uilliam continued to carry the burden created by the Atlanteans treatments and governance, a burden that would only vanish if they aided the Europeans in holding against the darkening tide. Or so they believed.

Chapter 5 : The Emerald and the Pearl

The aging King Uilliam the Lame visited the abbey of Cluny in early 1129. Invited to give his patronage to this ancient catholic establishment, the Atlantean King was reportedly fascinated by the architecture and structure of the building. Spending his entire two week trip outside and marveling at the design, the Cluny abbey soon found its strongest supporters in the Psarion family. In a proclamation handed out to every lord in the realm of Nea Atlantia, Uilliam declared 'After seeing the abbey of Cluny and seeing its recognition of Atlantean temple design, i hereby declare that every King of Nea Atlantia shall be crowned there. The Abbot will have the say over whether the King shall receive the coronation, and will receive patronage in return for his services." This practice would go on to become one of the many constants in the new Atlantean world, with the refusal of the Abbot being seen as a terrible sign for the realm.

Rapidly after his return to Irlandia from Cluny, Uilliam immediately became embroiled in more Irish intrigue. The people of Oriel, seeing how their neighbors in Dublin had been saved from the English, requested that Uilliam rescue them also. Though tired by the constant wars since the start of his realm, and feeling the loss of his arm more then ever, the King agreed to aid them in joining their Irish brothers. The war was swiftly decided within two years, as the English army lost to the Nea Atlantians in the siege of Oriel. The peasant and minor lord rebels had become trapped in the city and almost starved out. The rest was described by the Sir Artur Dalin, who was never far from his lords side 'We had pushed as quickly as possible to rescue the city from falling. Upon arriving at the siege camp, i had been ordered to sneak inside the city and order the rebels to sally out. The attempt to coincide our attacks ended disastrously though, when the English outmaneuvered us and crushed the rebel forces. Uilliam was forced to engage in a poor position to save the people he had come to help. Though our losses were great, the Gallowglass forces still saw us to victory.' As mentioned by Dalin, the Gallowglass managed to prove their worth once more, their incredibly devotion showing once more in this battle. Yet again, Uilliam went and prayed in the cities church with his royal guard for three days. The English had almost been removed from the Irish isles.

By 1132 the English had indeed been kicked out of the Irish isles but the province of Tyrone had joined the Kingdom of Denmark. The Ross dukes of Kent, a permanent thorn in the Psarions side, had struck once more. Taking the Kingdom of Denmark and breaking free from the English, they had also taken the Irish territories with them. Angered by this insult to his people, Uilliam had swiftly declared war in synergy with the King of Prydain. Recognizing that his forces were outmatched and too thinly spread, the new Danish King had immediately ceded peace with the Atlanteans. Unfortunately, Uilliam had become erratic with age and he made a terrible decision with the return of Tyrone. Revoking the status of Atlantean citizenship that was immediately granted to every Irish citizen, Uilliam attempted to assassinate the Countess of Tyrone. This plan failed miserably and horrified many of the lords of the realm. Worried about the possibility of Uilliam becoming mad like his father, they all demanded that he immediately re-instate the Citizenship Laws and never tamper with them again.

Uilliam retreated to his private fortress, the Chapel of Christ in Thomond. Spending two months there and only receiving food from his family members, the realm became increasingly concerned. When he finally emerged to accept a messenger from King Malcolm of Prydain, the King of Irlandia also apologized to all of his vassals for his behavior in regards to the Countess of Tyrone. Re-instating the Citizenship Law, Uilliam went one further and claimed that all Celtic or honorary Celtic members would be granted Atlantean citizenship status if they so pleased. This gave all the welsh people in the newly conquered lands rights and favor on par with the Irish. This act re-united the realm under the Psarion rule and reclaimed the balance that had been lost. A valuable move, as the realm was required in aiding the Scottish in putting a member of their family on the throne of England. Prydains reasons for attempting such a bold move are unknown but many historians suspect that Danish involvement in Englands affairs were the main cause behind the Pictish rush to secure the land.

Uilliam would not live to see then end of the Scottish war for England though, as he died peacefully while praying in 1136. The loss of the Lame King was a tragic affair, his many children and devoted followers devastated by his death. To honor his passing, it was decided that he would be buried in a manner befitting such a great King. The practice of burial for the Atlantean Emperors in the past had been to bury them in the Hill of White, the place where the Psarions had supposedly started from. The first Psarion that entered Atlantean history, Lord Uratio Psarion, discovered a cave inside the hill his farm was on. Inside the cave were thousands of large pearls, with which he managed to make himself rich and influential in the minor kingdom. Believed to have been a gift from the god Poseidon, the Royal Guard of King Uilliam sailed to the recorded location of the hill. Placed in a grand coffin covered in Pearls and Emeralds (symbols of the Irish-Atlantean rule) he was dropped into the ocean, to join his ancestors in their slumber under the sea.

His successor was his firstborn son, Duke Loeguire of the Orkneys. An unpious man, almost the opposite of his father, he was regarded as a poor ruler by the vassals of the realm. His obsession over lining his pockets and bleeding the peasants dry was unpopular with the cities, his disregard for anything Catholic and hatred for the clergy was unpopular with the church and his disregard for the laws was unpopular with the lords. To add to the general feeling of dislike, he was also a known impaler, taking enjoyment in lining his prisoners on stakes alongside docks, so that they would be the first item visitors would see. Forced to go to Cluny by the proclamation of his father, Loeguire rushed to receive his coronation within days of his fathers death. Upon arrival the [unnamed] Abbot refused to give him the White-Green Crown. When Loeguire continued persistently demanding it, the Abbot relented and said he would be granted it after he had gone on pilgrimage.

Loeuguire wrote of the trip in his private diary. 'My fathers wishes were for me to get the approval of the clergy and so i will. I leave for the Holy Land tomorrow, assuming im not struck down by some errant god by then... The walk has been very hard on me and the peasants i walk with. Though i ignored them for the first week or so, religious fools that they are, eventually i could no longer go silent. Avoiding conversations of theology, i have enjoyed my conversations with them so far. Karl, a farmer from Bavaria even helped me when i was struck down with pneumonia from the cold rain. When we arrived in Byzantine territory, we found that it was in the midst of another civil war. Seeing how poor the people were around here yet they offered to share their food with we pilgrims I could not help but give them all the money i had brought with me. I may never become a celibate knight like my brother but i can still help people... Finally back at Cluny. Jerusalem was as disappointing as i expected but the trip was not a complete waste. I was given my fathers crown in the proper ceremony and i did learn that while Catholicism may be foolish, its tenets are not. Charity is something everyone can use.'

The success of his pilgrimage gave Loeuguire the official backing he needed to ensure his crown. So he finally became King Loeuguire of Nea Atlantia, Despot of Irlandia, Duke of Sareio, Count of Thomond, Chosen of the Old Gods and the New Lord, Defender of the Atlantean peoples, Firstborn of the Sea, Son of Poseidon through Male Descent, Prince of the Atlantean Empire and Carrier of the Pearl Banner. (This is the full title bestowed since the rule of Uilliam. The Firstborn of the Sea relates to the idea that the Psarions were born from salt and sea, which also relates to them claiming descent from Poseidon)

Last edited:
Chapter 6 : The Hydra Has Many Heads

Regardless of Loeguires attempts to secure his succession, the lords of the realm still refused to accept him as their ruler. This culminated in the Revolt for Prince Eogan 'the Hydra', led by the Blackadder Princes who live in Ireland. Regardless of Eogans request that the revolt stand down, as he did not wish to rule but merely to continue serving in the Knights Templar, the rebels continued the war. The Battle of Roscommon saw the entire forces of the rebels clash with the what remained of the Irish armies (the expansionist policies having drained the levies of the Atlanteans). Loeguire central forces, compromising his Gallowglass bodyguards, were cut off from the rest of the army in a surrounding move by the rebels, but ultimately the Gallowglass proved themselves once more and obtained victory. Loeguire himself was cited as having killed over twenty men himself and lead the shield wall that held off the bulk of the rebel forces. The Blackadder princes were locked up and banished to the Holy Roman Empire on the request of the King of Prydain, who had been concerned of them attempting to take his throne. Loeguire and Eogan met up briefly in the capital of Thomond to give Eogan a chance to renounce his claim to the throne of Nea Atlantia in view of the Atlantean vassals. Eogan, who had heard about his younger brothers actions in Roscommon, was described as been incredibly proud. Pronouncing Loeguire 'the Little Hydra' he stated that his brother could campaign against heretics and heathens with him anytime.

Desiring to expand his realm into land that was once held by the Atlantean Empire, and to prove his worth to his vassals, King Loeguire next sought to expand into the weakened Kingdom of Castilla. Suffering under assaults from the Navarrans, Andalusians and the Bretons, Loeguire decided that it was no longer a viable ally in the fight that his father had foreseen coming. Decreeing that the lands of Castille were to be re-possessed by the Atlanteans, as the lords in charge had not successfully created a strong nation capable of surviving. Landing on the shores of Principado, the Atlantean armies met no resistance in their capture of the Iberian peninsula. Regardless of the success of Loeguire in routing the minor armies of the Spanish, or capturing numerous castles, the boy King refused to give up his throne. Suspicious of these actions, Loeguire was suddenly beset upon by 8000 Norwegian invaders in the northern part of his Kingdom. The King of Norway, seeking to reclaim the Orkneys, had made a deal with the Castillians. Loeguire decided that he had to either choose between the Spanish or the Orkney campaign, leading to the Peace of the Islands, whereing Loeguire renounced claim to the islands above Brittania. The boy King still refused to admit defeat though, even in the face of his failed plan to split the Irish forces.

During this campaign, Loeguires personal diary described a discovery that he made in one of the captured Castilian provinces. "While exploring the castle my troops had recently taken, I came across a unique contraption in the study. A lever under the grand oak desk opened a hidden door, that lead to a secret library. Inside this library i found numerous texts going all the way back to the fall of Atlantis. Reading through them, i realized they must have been stolen from the Library of Apollo by the Persians. Somehow they had found their way here, possibly through the Islamic spread into the Iberian peninsula. I had never been one for books, preferring to practice fighting with my brother to the exasperation of our father but i spent many days in this library. It was truly fascinating reading about your ancestors and somewhat... sad. Like looking into a life that was stolen from you by fate, a grander vision of the world that will never occur again. It makes me realize how important we remaining Psarions are. Like our motto says, we carry the remains of the greatest nation to ever grace this Earth. Our lives must be devoted to seeing that the memory of it never dies."

The realization that Loeguire wrote about in his diary is believed to be directly linked to his meeting with the Kings of Mars Breivh, Prydain and France. Historians have speculated that he wished to ensure the strong alliance between these nations. A record of the meetings show that he re-asserted his fathers pronouncement that all the Celtic peoples and their allies were granted Atlantean citizenship. He also invited the Badshah of Mali and Andalusia to the meetings, with the intent of trying to cross the religious divide and strengthen the alliances between the nations that would inevitably fight the Aztecs together. The Psarions continued stance on this threat had persuaded many of their peers on the validity of the concern, they hoped that working with others would increase their survival come the invasion.

Eventually, under intense pressure from his councilors and his family, the boy King of Castilla conceded to give the Eastern half of his kingdom to the Atlanteans in the Treaty of Ispania. This rapid takeover led to some concerns from Mars Breivh, Navarra and Andalusia, all of whom were concerned at how the Atlanteans reclaimed the land from the weakened state. During a series of agreements over 1147-1148, the nations involved in the Iberian Peninsula came to a divide of the lands that would ensure that everyone received a portion that was not overtly large. Loeguire also stated that the Atlantean repossession was something that the Psarions would use on Despots or Kings that failed to uphold their duty to their realm and to their people. While this did not quell the fears present in his peers, he did assure them that he would be reluctant to use it on any of them, preferring to aid them first over assaulting them. Just as soon as these agreements were made and decided on, fate chose to intervene in the form of the Second Crusade, which aimed to retake the lands of Andalusia from the Shiite Badshah.

Loeguire wrote extensively about the Second Crusade in his diary. He believed that it had been set up by the Serene Doge Basso II of Pisa. We now know that the Pope of the time was in the pay of the Pisans, as were the holy orders of the time, lending credibility to this theory. Loeguire went on to claim that it was part of a plot to weaken the alliances of the Iberian and Celtic nations, forcing other Catholic rulers to fight or denounce those who would not fight the Badshah. He also points to reports that show the Pisans had worked in secret with the Ross family, now Kings of Denmark and part of the Holy Roman Empire. Either way, the Second Crusade easily defeated the meager forces that the Badshah could scrape together, smashing the twenty thousand strong army at the battle of Tell Atlas. The Celtic nations boycotted the crusade, with Loeguire sending his envoys to Rome. A cleric in the court described the message sent by the King of Nea Atlantia. "I did not choose Christianity as my religion to see it brought to this, used by a mere merchant family as a method of furthering their own goals. I hereby proclaim that i no longer support the Papacy, for it has been tainted by the sins of greed, lust and pride. This Fools Crusade will not attain everlasting victory, nor will it bring the Catholic people together. It will only divide us further." This announcement has been recognized as the cause of many of the events that would come to pass, even reaching all the way to the eventual split of the Catholic church.

It was also during this time that a short correspondence happened between Basso II and Loeguire. The Doge of Pisa sent a messenger to the Irish court with a message that said, among other things, that the Kings brother Eogans two children were not actually his. These two children had brought much shame to Eogan, as his celibacy was a key part of being a Knights Templar. Loeguire had not wanted to believe that his brother had broken his vows and the message from the Pisans put to rest his fears. Basso II claimed that the two children were actually his, as he had raped Eogans wife numerous times over the Templars stay in Italy. Eogan had been forced to accept them as his by the Grandmaster of the order, who was on the payroll of the Doge. Shocked and offended by this revelation, Loeguire had the Pisan envoy tortured, his eyes pulled out, his legs cut off and his tongue ripped out before sending him back to Italy with a message around his neck. This message read "Basso II - You may think yourself safe in your castles and hidden behind men you buy with money but know this. You have made an enemy of Atlantis this day and we always deal with our enemies eventually. It might not be during our lifetimes but the Pisporini will get their just rewards. The Hydra has many heads. - King Loeguire 'the Little Hydra'

Painting of Prince Eogan, done during his service in Tripoli

Last edited: