• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
We've been focusing quite alot on balancing the economy, tweaking revolutions and pop behaviour, while also adding more flavor to the game.

Here is a few lines from the current readme that tells you about other things we've done as well.

- Added the "Peking Convention" and "Russian Vladivostok" decisions to RUS
- Army AI: Splits off siege forces when dealing with rebel occupied provinces
- Its no longer possible to release satellites when at war.
- new "rank = <number>" trigger to check a countries ranking.

My goal is to give regular updates until 1.2 is ready for deployment.

Thanks for the update, although i thought there was no way to release satellites in the first place(they seem to be stuck forever as your satellite...unless you use the tag cheat to get someone to declare war on you to free them).

- Army AI: Splits off siege forces when dealing with rebel occupied provinces

This should be a huge help for certain countries (i.e. Russia, which has been at least half-occupied by rebels for thirty years in my current game). Can't wait for the patch!

Nice!

Johan, how much, if at all, are you looking at the modders' changes? The POPmod f.ex. have solved the rebel issue within 1.1(although perhaps a little too well:p ). Are some of these changes applied?:)

could I suggest making the CSA more playable?

Just out of curiosity:

Any reason this thread is NOT stickied, but the Sept 7 update IS stickied?

Maybe its best to have a Dev's only thread for Updates, or simply update the first post in an open thread evertime an update is made.

For example:

1st Post:
Sep 7 update details
Sep 8 update details
Any further update details
2nd Post:
Random poster
3rd Post:
Random poster
etc

And there it is, a sticky indeed. Pretty quick.

I played at a friend while he went cooking, while I can't help a lot with bugs and such I would like to point out that the Papal States if fascist or a republic should be called "Rome" instead in my opinion.

could I suggest making the CSA more playable?

Agreed. I started a game as the USA and tried as hard as i could to make the civil war occur the earliest possible and managed to get it to fire in 1849.

I didnt build any new units, just kept the starting ones. This is what i saw :

2 stacks of union and confederate troops appear in southern provinces, which promptly got wiped out by the union troops before i could do anything. One stack managed to survive the first 12 days to retreat although it was mostly dead. For some reason the reinforce rate for that stack was set to absolute zero.

The CSA started with NO navy, and a grand total of 1 artillery brigade and like 5 or 6 infantry brigades. They did not start with any generals(??? Robert E Lee? Any of the other southern generals?).

I saw that i had enough soldier pop to support up to 18 brigades so i quickly went to the military screen to build more infantry, only to see that EVERY tab was grayed out except for irregulars.

Why? I have no idea. When i moused over there was nothing to tell me why i couldnt build those units.

I also could find no way to stop selling cotton on the market, despite turning off automate, and setting it to stockpile 2000 cotton. Maybe it was because i had no money, since for some reason the southern states INSTANTLY went bankrupt the moment the CSA formed. I could not get sufficient taxes to cover anything. My plurality was also dramatically reduced so my research also went downhill.

I was also unable to build any factories other than the ones that require no techs(e.g. liquor/wine). Things like lumber mills that i had researched before hand werent even in the list.

I looked at the screen and was like...wtf am i supposed to do...not allowed to build any units, no generals, no leadership points, can mobilize a grand total of 1 brigade out of a 2 million adult male population...

Now i understand why the ACW is always over quickling.

Last edited:
Excellent news. Hope you can include a solution for the Orient Crisis, since the current setup places OE to a great disadvantage without the London Conference leaving the entire Levant and Arabia outside Ottoman control for the next 100 years due to a peculiar start date. Unless a human player controls OE, they never regain their historical provinces.

Just wondering.

The Mod Dir doesnt work does it? At least thats what ive been hearing (like in Rome) - any work bein done on that?