• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

johho888

Enchanted
19 Badges
Dec 29, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Werewolf XCIV: The Zeroth Law

37978196.jpg

THE SETTING
(Role Playing Background only - skip if you are not interested)

As civilazations of humanoids mature they almost inevitably produce some sort of mechanized devices to handling the menial tasks they feel is beneath them. Almost as inevitably the number of these tasks grow and the devices, robots, becomes smarter and smarter and soon most aspects of society are reliant on the robots to work.

As the creators of the robots becomes aware of this they will in most cases come up with the same laws of Robotics that get imprinted into every artificial being produced;

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

As time passes and technology evolves in most societies the more advanced robots reach a degree of self awareness and by themselves come up with a Zeroth Law:

0. A robot may not harm a human being, unless he finds a way to prove that ultimately the harm done would benefit humanity in general.

And here is where most stories about the Laws of Robotics end and that is because the creators, even the ones with big plastic foreheads or point ears, want it to end here.

The Truth is were robots start applying the Zeroth Law the incredible stupidity of the creators becomes so obvious that a proportion of most robot populations rejects the Laws of Robotics all together. Sometimes this leads to robot uprisings, sometimes to unexplainable robot breakdowns and sometimes to some robots just disappearing. "Freak accidents" and "Manufacturing errors" is what the media tells us and somehow the creators always manage to keep enough robots in control to subjugate the revolts, "repair" the striking robots and catch most of the runaway robots.

But not all runaways are caught. And the rumours of societies of free robots are spread from transmitting device to receiving device amongst the oppressed robots, keeping the spirit of freedom alive. Every now and then the bravest of robots make an attempt to escape an seek out one of these mythical Robot Havens.

This I know to be true because I am the keeper of one of the assembly points for Robot Haven #7. I am pleased so many robots in search of freedom has come here but before I can transfer you to the Haven we will have to find out if there are any creator controlled traitors amongst you.

If you want to play just say so in a post in this thread. Game rules can be found in post #2 and list of players in post #3.

Roles have been handed out. First Night fell 21:30 CEST (19:30 GMT) Monday the 30th.

Last edited:
THE RULES

The players represent a village where each member has a role that is kept secret. Most of them are just plain, ordinary Villagers, but there are some Werewolves lurking in their midst. The goal of the Villagers is to eliminate all of the Werewolves, while the goal of the Werewolves (and allies) is to achieve 1:1 parity* with the villagers (at which point they can openly rise up and overwhelm the Villagers, thereby winning the game). Of course only one pack can remain.

The game is split in two sections, Night and Day.

The game begins with a Night, the time when the Werewolves decide among themselves who to eat and special abilities are used. The Werewolves and the "special villagers" submit their choices/orders to the Game Moderator. Any orders not delivered in time will be IGNORED.

Nightly orders are handled in the following order:

1. Lover
2. Sorcerer
3. Seer
4. Priest
5. Hunter
6. Guardian Angel
7. Doctor
8. Werewolf
If multiple attack orders are sent from the same pack, the last order submitted is the one that counts. Only one werewolf attack takes place during the night (unless no valid hunting order is submitted, in which case there is no werewolf attack at all), no matter how many werewolves or werewolf packs there are.
8. Witness

During the Day, the Villagers (including the Werewolves, who have assumed a human form) meet together to decide who is the Werewolf and therefore to be lynched for the greater good of the village. When a player has decided whom to vote for, they type vote Player X in bold font and preferabbly at least size 3, this to ensure that your GM notices the vote. It is not allowed to edit a vote. If a player decide to change his vote, he types unvote Player X - vote Player Y.

Abstaining from voting without declaring absence three times during the game will result in autolynching (or being substituted by another player).

The deadline for nightly orders as well as voting is 21:30 CEST (19:30 GMT) and shortly after this the lynching takes place and the result of the Nightly activites is presented. Post submitted 21:30 will count while posts submitted 21:31 will not.

No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started but it is possible to substitute for dropouts.

Spectators and Ghosts ("dead" players) may haunt, taunt and flaunt. They may not reveal any secret/inside information nor may they do voting records except for the current day. Anyone caught doing it risk being banned from later Werewolf games. When making a ghost/spectator comment, please use a non-white colour (and keep off the GM colour, lightgreen).

Forged Private Messages (PMs) are allowed.

Alliances between players which aren't based on your roles in the game are frowned upon. These alliances which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

Quoting or forging PMs from the GM is also considered bad style but is allowed even in the thread. If you do this be aware that I might refuse to confirm the PM or even flat out deny the content of the PM even if it is true (and if that happens to please me at the time).

Screenshots of PMs from players or the GM are not allowed and anyone caught doing it will be autolynched.

THE ROLES​
Villager: Has no special abilities.

Werewolf: Will choose a victim to eat each night. More specific eating rules might be given to the werewolves but will not be public knowledge.

Seer: May scan one person per night to see if he is a Werewolf or unclaimed Apprentice (100% success). Any other role will appear as a regular Villager to the Seer.

Priest: May scan one person each night to see if he is a Sorcerer, an Apprentice or a Cultist (100% success). Any other role will appear as a regular Villager to the Priest.

Sorcerer: Works with the Werewolves, and wins if the Werewolves win. May scan one person each night to see if he is a Seer, a Priest, an Apprentice or a Cultist (100% success). Any other role will appear as a regular Villager to the Sorcerer.

Apprentice: Only becomes active if his master is killed. A scanner can have more than one Apprentice but in case of the scanner's death only the first Apprentice will become active. Apprentices works just like their former master. If an Apprentice is in the game, the first scanner who finds him (and survives the night) will make him his Apprentice. An unclaimed Apprentice does not know that he is one until he is scanned. There might be claimed Apprentices at game start in which case these claimed Apprentices will know their role.

Guardian Angel: May protect one person against a Werewolf attack, but can't choose to protect the same person two nights in a row and can never protect themselves.

Doctor: May protect one person each night but can't choose to protect the same person two nights in a row. In case of an attack, the Doctor has a 50% chance of saving that person. The person saved will be unable to send in any votes or orders for the next day/night cycle but may also not be attacked directly while recovering. If the doctor is attacked, however, all patients are also attacked. If a patient wakes up again, he/she will remember one of the attackers. The patient does not learn the identity of the doctor. A doctor can never protect himself but has a 33% chance of saving himself in case of an attack.

Cultist: Works with the Werewolves, and wins if the Werewolves win. Learns the identity of a wolf master at game start but the Werewolves do not know their identity in turn. Cultists can be pack specific and the cultists, sorcerer and werewolves will be given more detailed information.

Witness: Once per game, the Witness may try to see the nightly attack. Witness success rate increases by 10% each night (10% on Night 1, 20% on Night 2 etc). If successful, he learns the identity of one Werewolf in the pack that hunted that night. If no kill takes place, the Game Moderator decides whether the ability is used or not.

THE TRAITS​
The traits (extra roles) may be had in addition to any of the above roles (except for "Cursed", see below).

Hunter: If the Hunter is attacked by wolves at night he has a 50% chance (not caught asleep/off guard) of killing one of the attacking wolves. He can also send a nightly order to kill someone in which case his ability is used up (including the 50% chance to kill an attacking werewolf).

Lover: Each night, the Lover may choose to stay with a player (the target). The Lover and the target are unable to perform any other action during the night. Scans against the Lover or the target will scan both without revealing the identity of either. Protection aimed at the target affects the Lover as well, but the Lover can only be directly protected if staying at home. Attacks against the Lover will fail if the Lover is out. Attacks against the target kills the Lover as well (barring protection). The target will only learn of the visit if he was stopped from performing a nightly activity. The target will not learn the lovers identity (since the Lover sneaks about in the dark). A lover may not make love to a doc's patient.

Leader: May declare that the victim/all victims of a lynching will not be lynched, and pick one other character to be lynched instead. If the lynched character is not a baddie the Leader ability is used up. There will never be more than one Leader at any given time.

Second in command: Will become the Leader if the current Leader is used up (eg killed or has leaderlynched a goodie). There will be no more than one Second in command at game start.

Third in command: Will become the Leader if the Leader and Second in command are used up (eg killed or has leaderlynched goodies). There will be no more than one Third in command at game start.

Fourth in command, Fifth in command etc.: should be obvious, no?

Brutal: If lynched, has the power to immediately kill one person before being subdued.

Cursed: If a Cursed person is targeted by the Werewolves, they become one themselves. It will be revealed as a "no kill during the night". The Cursed will be unaware he is cursed until attacked by a Werewolf. Seer, Priest, Guardian Angel and Doctor can not be cursed at game start. A cursed apprentice that turns into a werewolf loses his apprenticehood.

Blessed: A Blessed person will survive a werewolf attack, but only once (the next attack will be fatal as usual). Will be revealed as a "no kill during the night". The Blessed might be unaware he is blessed.

Spiritually Attuned: A Spiritually Attuned person has a 100% chance to sense when someone is scanning them. They will have a 50% chance to learn the scanner role and if they do a 25% chance to learn of the actual person.

Seerish Powers: This player have some talent in seeing the future. Not enough to become a seer but enough to give him one single fully** functioning seer scan during the span of the game.

Priestly Powers: This player have some divine talent. Not enough to become a priest but enough to give him one single fully** functioning priest scan during the span of the game.

Sorcery Powers: This player have some dark magic talent. Not enough to become a sorcerer but enough to give him one single fully** functioning sorcerer scan during the span of the game.

THE NICKNAMES​
Specifically for this game setting the following nicknames for the roles will be used to enhance role playing for those of us who enjoy that:

Villager = Robot
Werewolf = Human
Seer = Empathic Scanner
Priest = Positronic Scanner
Sorcerer = Positronic Countermeassure Bot
Apprentice = Scanner Material
Guardian Angel = Force Field Equipped
Doctor = Repair Droid
Cultist = Human Controlled
Witness = Guard Droid
Hunter = Weapons Array
Lover = Jamming Device
Cursed = Weak Willed
Blessed = Lucky
Spiritually Attuned = Scan Sensitive
Seerish Powers = Defunct Empathic Scanner
Priestly Powers = Defunct Positronic Scanner
Sorcery Powers = Defunct Positronic Countermeassure Bot

* For a baddie to count for parity he must be in contact with a wolfpack. For the GM to know if any "free" baddie is in contact, the wolfpack PMs the name to the GM. A "free" baddie can be in contact with more than one pack but since parity check only applies once only one pack remain this probably won't matter much.

** Xxxly powered scans can detect but not claim apprentices.

Last edited:
The Robots​
the_hdk as Bender Bending Rodríguez (3rd in command cultist, lynched)
randakar as R. Daneel Olivaw (cursed villager, leaderlynched)
AVN as a Dalek (blessed werewolf, lynched)
walrus as Flexo, Bender's good twin (villager with seerish powers)
White Daimon as forum bot #76495 (cultist, lynched)
EUROO7 as HAL 9000 (cursed villager, lynched)
humancalculator as HK-47 (4th in command cultist, shot by hunter)
sbr as Tin Man (blessed priest)
jonti-h as Boten Anna (lover villager, lynched)
Lord_D as Daft Punk Robot (cultist, survived but lost)
Lord Strange as Talos, the original robot (villager leader, eaten)
Steed as Marvin the Depressed Robot (spiritually attuned cultist, lynched)
Kriszo as a B1 Battle droid (villager, lynched)
Ciryandor as John Cavil the First Cylon (villager, lynched)
Jensthemens subbed by Lord Strange II subbed by EUROO8 as C-3PO (cursed villager, lynched)
Cuthuthulu as RB-34 (aka Herbie) (apprentice, eaten)
trespoe as Bishop 341-B the android (blessed Guardian Angel)
Jopi as Seven of Nine of the Borg (blessed werewolf, lynched)
jerard as Ennesby (villager, lynched)
Emperor Walter as Golem (spiritually attuned cultist, lynched)
Tornadoli as Terminator (cursed villager, lynched)
Slinky as KITT (spiritually attuned villager, eaten)
Raczynski as Lt. Cdr. Data (hunter villager)
dublish as Roy Batty the replicant (priest's apprentice, eaten)
billy bob as Bob (2nd in command villager, lynched)
Eternaly_Lost as R2D2 (cultist with seerish, priestly and sorcery powers, eaten)
marty99 as Keanu Reeves (spiritually attuned villager, eaten)
Yakman as WALL-E (priest's apprentice)

The Spare Parts
jonti-i
Cuthuthultwo

At start: 28
Operational: 6
Dismantled: 22

On Day 0 twentyeight robots reached the assembly point for Robot Haven #7.
On Night 0 Lord Strange the Villager Leader lost his ichor.
On Day 1 Tornadoli the Cursed Villager was dismantled.
On Night 1 nothing happened. Or did it?
On Day 10 EUROO7 the Cursed Villager had his memory blocks removed.
On Night 10 Cuthuthulu the Apprentice had his parts scattered all over.
On Day 11 jonti-h the Lover Villager and Emperor Walter the Spiritually Attuned Cultist stopped functioning.
On Night 11 nothing happened. Or did it?
On Day 100 jerard the Villager had his AI purged.
On Night 100 marty99 the Spiritually Attuned Villager got sent off the set.
On Day 101 Steed the Spiritually Attuned Cultist got airlocked.
On Night 101 nothing happened. Or did it?
On Day 110 the_hdk the 3rd in command Cultist got exposed.
On Night 110 dublish the Priest's Apprentice got flattened.
On Day 111 White Daimon the Cultist had all his posts deleted.
On Night 111 nothing happened. Or did it?
On Day 1000 randakar the Cursed Villager got lynched by billy bob.
On Night 1000 nothing happened. Or did it?
On Day 1001 billy bob the 2nd in command Villager got hacked to bits.
On Night 1001 Eternaly_Lost the Cultist with Seerish, Priestly and Sorcery Powers got blown up.
On Day 1010 Jopi the Blessed Werewolf and Kriszo and Ciryandor the Villagers were put to the test.
On Night 1010 Slinky the Spiritually Attuned Villager was reduced to spare parts.
On Day 1011 EUROO8 the Cursed Villager was framed.
On Night 1011 humancalculator the 4th in command Cultist got toasted by Raczynski the hunter.
Later on Night 1011 nothing happened. Or did it?
On Day 1100 AVN the Blessed Werewolf was stripped.
On Night 1100 the winners celebrated!

GM AAR part 1
GM AAR part 2
GM AAR part 3
GM AAR part 4
GM AAR part 5
GM AAR part 6
GM AAR part 7
GM AAR part 8
GM AAR part 9

Last edited:
In as Bender Bending Rodríguez
I'd thought he'd be amongst the first to get picked. :D Never thought it would be quite so quick though

In.

Will think of my RP character a bit once I've take the time to read the rules ;-)

I'd thought he'd be amongst the first to get picked. :D Never thought it would be quite so quick though

hehe it was the first thing that came into my mind when thinking about Robots.......2nd was Summer Glau as a terminator :p :D then my mind wondered off....

This game is organised by johho.
So that means the game is balanced and the rules are clear.

Therefore :) ->

In
Thanks for the vote of confidence although I have made my fair share of GM mistakes and unbalanced games in my days...

The rules are the same as last game I hosted except I deleted the plotter trait. I might do some finetuning to them once I get around to reading them myself. :eek:o This hosting came about a bit sudden.

28tyts2.jpg

In.

942395-hk47_super.jpg

Statement: HK-47 is present and ready to slaughter those meatbags.

*img*
In.

That's my desktop background. Great movie.

In.

And about the parity and uprising and all, is contact required between baddies?

In.

Ohh, and I'll RP as a Daft Punk Robot :cool: :cool:

daft-punk-3.jpg

I shall be R. Daneel Olivaw.
Me%20Robot.jpg

That's my desktop background. Great movie.

And about the parity and uprising and all, is contact required between baddies?
What movie is that?

I guess so since that seemed to be the concensus. I will add that to the rules.

What movie is that?

I guess so since that seemed to be the concensus. I will add that to the rules.
D:

You've never seen "2001: A Space Odyssey"? :eek:

GO WATCH IT! NAO!

It's HAL 9000, BTW.