• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

thevaliant

Captain
13 Badges
Sep 7, 2003
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
All,

An attempt at a small project, to improve the US and UK Elections in Doomsday. Improvements to both countries elections, allowing more choice and options for both the player and AI. Probably has very little effect on the AI at all, but its nice for flavour and the player.

This follows on from my version for Doomsday but extends out to 1963 inclusive.
Now updated for the UK Elections and a few US ministers added. But I still want to:

1. Look for more US and UK ministers from far left or far right ideologies to add in and
2. Find some pictures for some of the newly added ministers.

The zip file is attached. I have only done limited testing, mainly to check it loads properly and fires one day after startup. Please do report any bugs to me, and please do read the Readme.txt enclosed in the attachment.

Attachments

• Elections.zip
    36,6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
A general question concerning alternatives to Roosevelt in 1936 & 1940 --

I would hope that this would give a big hit on interventionism and I am sure it probably does. But, on the other side of the coin, the US economy should explode to the upside with the removal of a restrictive progressive regime whose economic policies kept the country at a near depression level for 10 years.

This should be the main issue for an election during this period -- a healthy economy but isolationism or higher interventionism with low economic activity.

A general question concerning alternatives to Roosevelt in 1936 & 1940 --

I would hope that this would give a big hit on interventionism and I am sure it probably does. But, on the other side of the coin, the US economy should explode to the upside with the removal of a restrictive progressive regime whose economic policies kept the country at a near depression level for 10 years.

It does not. Whilst some sliders do move with selecting Republican (or Democrat) most of those moves are very minor (1 point at most).

I think your political bias shows through in the request if you don't mind me saying.