• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

deadmeat1471

Lt. General
105 Badges
Mar 29, 2006
  • Sengoku
  • Impire
  • Iron Cross
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
The LondAArn gun club​

Goal: To explore the exploits of the London gun club and its members.
Difficulty: hard
Nation: UK
Mod: VIP

Additional info:
Inspiration derives from, 'From the earth to the moon' by Jules Verne.
Audio book can be found free online at Librivox.org
http://librivox.org/

Work in progress!! (Literally, I'm at work :rofl:)

Disclaimer: This is a non serious and unprofessional AAr, what you see will be what you get :D

Last edited:
Disclaimer: This is a non serious and unprofessional AAr, what you see will be what you get :D

Nothing wrong with that my friend, nothing wrong with that at all :)

The matter of the day, January 1, 1835

311kw8i.jpg

The London Gun Club has existed since 1781. It came about due to the American War of Rebellion. A group of English gentry created the club in order to discuss the unquestionably manly pursuit of warfare. The short term issue to be brought to the table: how to subdue the once subjugated, now unruly and ungrateful Yankees back into the bondage to which they deserve.

"Problem 1; we are now in a state of intolerable peace, the once blood filled lands of America have descended into ignominious inactivity and scandelous commercial pursuit."

"Problem 2; the Americans have solidified their position in America since Independence and now exist in a state of alertness as to our, British, actions in the theater of politics and war."

"Problem 3; Since our last gun was lost at Yorktown in 1781, we are currently men of esteemed wealth of knowledge in matters of trajectories, powder and shot, all without the means to excise our knowledge through the barrel of a gun."

"If you please sir, what does our venerable captain of the gun club propose?" a small man replied, eyes darting left and right nervously at his peers.

"Just this" replied the captain "that we proceed in the construction of a new gun in the spirit of our 1781 mortar, an artillery piece made of bronze, which would propel 36 inch shot using approximately 480lb of powder".

The mans eyes widened, he stood up from his chair, straightened his cravat and inquired "if you will entreat us as to how we will pay for this grandiose mortar..." he asked with incredulity.

"My dear colonel Sanders, I will of course shoulder this burden, being the origin of its design." replied the captain with an amorous tone so soft, as to dissuade any further discussion of the matter.

The gun club adjourned for the month, the members attending returned to their various pursuits of the military flavor. Numbering in total the gun club now has 4000 members, a far cry from the three founding members in 1781.

....but not before the gun club's secretary, an old soldier with his left hand missing at the wrist, took down the matter of the materials for the purchase by the honorable, Henry Charles Noble, Captain of the London gun club. With his one good hand of course.

[More to come, busy busy at the moment!, a teaser for those who do not know what the gun club refers to :D]

Last edited:
Colonel Ian Sanders, stooping over a list his face grimacing and frowning from time to time, eventually turned back to the Captain of the gun club, "This is indeed an undertaking worthy of our glorious gun club, but the materials, the MATERIALS!" he threw his hands up in the air in despair.
"The materials are of no concern to you Colonel, they are my Affair" Henry walked over and studied the list:

Bill for the London Gun Club said:
For the construction of the mortar at the request of the London Gun Club the following materials are provided as requested.

10 crates of small arms materials, five pounds.
10 crates of artillery bits, five pounds.

5 crates of wine, one hundred and fifty pounds.
5 crates of beer, one hundred and eighty pounds.
20 crates of canned food, one thousand two hundred pounds.
One thousand pounds in import taxes.
and 12 engineers.

Costing a total two thousand five hundred and forty pounds.

"Do we have a selection of men in the gun club yet whom have both the caliber and intelligence to operate this gun?"
The colonel looked at him blankly, "oh.. uh.. we do indeed, I have already picked out a good few such men! they are of such a quality as to be worth 10,000 of the kings own".
"Splendid, then we shall await the engineers arrival and discuss the matter further." Henry stated as he left the room.

Last edited:
comments on the AAr welcome (although nothing has happened yet), I will be posting in bits and pieces as events take place (and as i get time :D).

Last edited:
10 crates of artillery bits.

With such precision this will surely be an outstanding gun. And it will need to be as the wine and beer may well have an impact on the aim!

No respectable artillerymen can go to war without crates of beer and wine. Apparently :rofl:

No respectable Brit can do most things without beer and wine.

It's what made us Great!

(and have such high levels of liver disease, but hey!)

Interesting. I'll follow.

Intriguing. Any AAR that contains a) Drunken British Aristocrats, b) Big guns and c) Quashing American independence has to be worth following! :D

Intriguing. Any AAR that contains a) Drunken British Aristocrats, b) Big guns and c) Quashing American independence has to be worth following! :D

2nd! a million times 2nd!

Following,

how is it going so far?

ChAARacter Writer of the Week!

We've got the Character Writer of the Week Here!

Go claim your prize.

And Update! ;)