• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shaytana

Sol Invictus
2 Badges
Mar 4, 2001
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
(this is a modified grand campaign - no other majors in order to be able to annex everything)
(this aar is sort of a summary from the Sultans' viewpoint -i also use the Islamic calendar ;))
(do tell me what you think about this style of reporting, if people like it i'll continue)

897 A.H. - (1492AD)
Bayezid II

I look over the map of my magnificent realm and feel the power of my armies. My mind is consumed with anticipation. Soon it will be time to show the Christian dogs the meaning of despair. While my viziers argue about a campaign against the Mamelukes I alone see where our true potential lies. Omar Pasha thinks we should take Moldova. Ha! The idiot. Moldova is too small a fish for a great shark like us. Hungary is a much worthier opponent.

-Armies are being raised and massed near the Hungarian border. I named Sinan Pasha the head of the coming invasion and the Pasha swore to make the Danube red with Hungarian blood.
Serbia and Croatia are the first targets of our invasion. While our numbers grow I feel confident the Hungarian scum stands no chance against the tide of janisaries.

-As operations begin Sinan croses into Serbia while a second force under general Fahrid attacks Croatia. The Hungarian dogs are taken by surprise. Their might is laughable and are crushed. Their puny fortresses are stormed and total victory is assured. Our armies advance into Pest and Banat and it is here that true battle is joined. Over 40 thousand infidels ride against Sinan. Their colorful banners are soon to know the red of blood. Sinan Pasha meets the Hungarians in the field and smashes their force. Several hundred Hungarian nobles are captured and executed. All their heads are sent to me and a pyramid of them is made outside the Hagia Sophia.

-After Pest and Banat fall Sinan marches forward into Maros while 2 smaller forces plunge into Transylvania and Magyar. Fahrid Bey meets the infidel army outside the gates of Buda and sends the infidels to the Lower Hells. Our armies in Transylvania and Maros advance virtualy unoposed.
I have decided to personaly oversee the assault of Buda.

-Buda has fallen. I have alowed our Janisaries to loot the city. As we marched victorios I felt joy as the burning churches proclaimed the glory of Mohamed. Allah is with us and I feel confident we can anihilate the Hungarian dogs to the North. Christianity should feel our retaliation and fallen Granada is now avenged. It is too early to think about the Spanish infidels and their conquests but their day will come. Maros falls and Sinan Pasha is ordered into Ruthenia. Transylvania still holds out but it is of no importance soon more armies from the South will join in.

-Safar(December) comes and our forces are still in a stalemate in Transylvania. I have to grant the Christian dogs their courage but it will do them no good.

-Sinan marches into Carpathia while our armies from Transylvania and Magyar are merged in order to siege Alba Iulia. Transylvania must fall soon. Hungarian resistence is futile. No noble is to be spared, unless he accepts Allah and Mohamed as his prophet.

898 A.H. - (1493AD)
Raby` al-awal (January) comes and goes with renewed assaults in Transylvania and Carpathia. Both Sinan and Fahrid are victorious. The Hungarian king dies in defiance and I order his body cut to pieces. His head is mounted on a pike and paraded before the population in Buda. On Sunday 23 Raby` al-THaany (February 10th) the Hungarian kingdom is ended. The losses were great but our fallen warriors now feast in the Prophet's paradise. 35 thousand warriors remain under Fahrid's command while Sinan Pasha still holds 20 thousand warriors including our beloved Janisaries. The Hedjaz chooses this glorious day to propose a royal marriage and our royal lines are joined. Hungary is no more, and Allah willing Christianity will soon feel more of our wrath.

Allahu Akbar.